Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

** NEW INTAKE MANIFOLD ** long awaited, with pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 02:03 PM
zachcrosen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zman1910
WOW!! I thought the NA numbers would be up by now!! Anyways, I agree this thread must be torture to all of you that must be waiting. Things never seem to go as planned.....oh well. Well whatever happens make sure to start another thread when the numbers are in....
Whenever all info is available, I will create a new thread which will include all details of the GB for the IM and ALL KINETIX products EXCEPT the y-pipe.

As stated earlier, the reason for the delay in NA numbers was due to a f-up by Fed-Ex.

For those impatient people, with this being a new product and it being ONLY available at the start thru this GB there will be a while before you receive your IM. The plan is for all products to begin shipping no later than 2 weeks after the start of the GB and I think 15 more every 2 weeks afterwards. Keep in mind that this will be a GB and GB's always take A LOT longer than planned.

Last edited by zachcrosen; 04-22-2005 at 02:06 PM.
Old 04-22-2005, 02:23 PM
xephiron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zachcrosen
Dammit Man!!!

I can cut you a great deal on a used V4 plenum if you are interested when I get my manifold!!! U coming to the BBQ tomorrow??
Ya man, I thought about that the other day actually... if you are getting the new manifold (since you are also upgrading to your SC soon) I may try to buy your V4 off ya and save some cash. Yep I am going to the cook-out tonight, think it is gonna storm so dunno if we will all make it down to the track, but rain or shine it's on. I talked to Ninja earlier today, still on.
Old 04-22-2005, 03:10 PM
was wesman

Originally Posted by Losing Grip II
yeh they said a lot of things also....

like they would have the NA numbers up between Wed. or Thur., somehow, i dont think its very hard to find a donor 350z and strap it to a dyno. i mean come on, i would let them use my ride for testing, who wouldnt? there i can only assume their design doesn;t in fact make much more HP than a upper plenum replacement or that with this I/M, it would require the tuner to do cams, ECU retune or something of that nature.

still, if and when this becomes available, ill buy it just because it looks bad azz. also gotta keep in mind that kinetix is a 5 person company and whatever R/D they do probably takes 8times longer than say, crawford. yet i dont think crawford is much bigger- just more experienced.

john
So, since there were delivery mishaps of the plenum, they should have it dynoed anyway ??? How does one dyno with modifications one hasn't received yet ?

Give them some time, I'm sure they're just as eager as we are to get it done, at least it will cut down on the constant nagging and b!tching everyone is doing.

--wes
Old 04-22-2005, 04:47 PM
copba1t

Originally Posted by was wesman
So, since there were delivery mishaps of the plenum, they should have it dynoed anyway ??? How does one dyno with modifications one hasn't received yet ?

Give them some time, I'm sure they're just as eager as we are to get it done, at least it will cut down on the constant nagging and b!tching everyone is doing.

--wes
That doesn't make any sense. Isn't the manufacturer the one that designed and prototyped the part to begin with? Surely they have been testing it on N/A cars, who would build a part and then only begin dyno testing just before the release? That's ridiculous.

I just don't think we are getting the whole story, or maybe they are still making last minute tweeks, who knows. Either way I don't think we will see the same model intake being used for N/A and FI, I'm not sure you can have the best of both worlds in a single part. There is nothing wrong with that though, and I look forward to being proven wrong
Old 04-22-2005, 05:20 PM
lsdunique

we are not currently making changes to the manifold to try and continually pull more NA hp from it.

We simply cant run the car because we are waiting for the rev limit increase.

We will post the numbers regardless of the outcome.
Old 04-22-2005, 05:30 PM
Losing Grip II

Originally Posted by copba1t
That doesn't make any sense. Isn't the manufacturer the one that designed and prototyped the part to begin with? Surely they have been testing it on N/A cars, who would build a part and then only begin dyno testing just before the release? That's ridiculous.

I just don't think we are getting the whole story, or maybe they are still making last minute tweeks, who knows. Either way I don't think we will see the same model intake being used for N/A and FI, I'm not sure you can have the best of both worlds in a single part. There is nothing wrong with that though, and I look forward to being proven wrong
we aren't getting the whole story thats why no one from kinetix has said anything otherwise about this intake manifold. i give them time, enough for five people or so. anyhow, obviously the size of the business didnt affect the plenum release, but reliability- thats another story.

anyhow, those dyno numbers from the SC Z were....low by comparison from other SC Zs running lower or the same boost.

maybe im wrong tho....

john
Old 04-22-2005, 05:36 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT
Premier Member

actually early in the thread they said that they did not expect the NA numbers to be that great (not 20hp). I believe they said they had done testing and development with an NA car and the results were decent but not extraordinary. That is why they were all so surpirsed at the numbers with the SC car. Sorry but I don't have the motivation to go re-read through all the pages in this thread. I think they have been very upfront about it all though.
Old 04-22-2005, 08:03 PM
SungNamZ

lsduniqe was shocked at the numbers. While some additional tuning could have been done before the pull and between the V4 and Prototype IM, we went with what we had before and during.

The Vortech SC is installed on a 2003 5AT "Tour". Initial dyno results in 2003, with limited mods (i.e. exhaust, grounding kit and CAI) resulted in approximately 234 rwhp. V4 and SC got in up into the high 330 rwhp, while a 2003 6MT with OEM plenum and Vortech SC here in Albuquerque pulled 370 rwhp.

The "prototype" IM netted 388 rwhp with 7 pounds of boost. Now that the polished plenum is installed, along with new plugs and PE380 injectors, a road tune will be performed before getting back up on the dyno.

lsdunique advised me yesterday that he should be able to post NA numbers on Tuesday. This IM has been a project of Kinetix going on two years. I am confident they will release a quality product.
Old 04-23-2005, 10:01 AM
schweatty

does anyone have pics of this engine cover i keep hearing about??
Old 04-23-2005, 10:06 AM
zachcrosen

Originally Posted by schweatty
does anyone have pics of this engine cover i keep hearing about??
Preliminary pix of the engine cover as well as NA numbers will be released next Tuesday. After that, I should be able to begin the GB on ALL of Kinetix's products EXCEPT the y-pipe.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:07 AM
nearly zer0

tuesday bump...
Old 04-26-2005, 05:15 AM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have they already started making these plenums so that there are enough available, or close to enough, when the GB starts?
Old 04-26-2005, 07:23 AM
all_bark

no, they will make X amount per week then ship them in order to the people on the list.

so it may take 4-8 weeks to get one after the GB starts.....
Old 04-26-2005, 09:57 AM
Diesel350

Are the NA results coming out today?
Old 04-26-2005, 10:00 AM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you certain?

Originally Posted by all_bark
no, they will make X amount per week then ship them in order to the people on the list.

so it may take 4-8 weeks to get one after the GB starts.....
Old 04-26-2005, 10:00 AM
zman1910

Originally Posted by Diesel350
Are the NA results coming out today?
They are supposed too....I'm just waitin on this end...
Old 04-26-2005, 10:06 AM
lsdunique

We are currently making manifolds, however they wont start shipping for about 2 weeks, and every 2 weeks after that. They have a LOT of work in each piece.

I am posting numbers shortly, just got finished with the dynos.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:09 AM
zman1910

Originally Posted by lsdunique
We are currently making manifolds, however they wont start shipping for about 2 weeks, and every 2 weeks after that. They have a LOT of work in each piece.

Woo Hoo finally!!!!
Old 04-26-2005, 10:34 AM
Diesel350

Originally Posted by lsdunique

yA BABY LETS SEE EM!!
Old 04-26-2005, 10:35 AM
Glude

Waitin for numbers..

Quick Reply: ** NEW INTAKE MANIFOLD ** long awaited, with pics