Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

** NEW INTAKE MANIFOLD ** long awaited, with pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 04:10 PM
Acree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that is a piece of art. wow. i have one question.

Is there any chance of getting this in a black chrome finish?
Old 04-18-2005, 04:49 PM
rgreene

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

possibly stupid question: this thing isn't going to cause any problems for people who want to be CARB legal, right?
Old 04-18-2005, 04:50 PM
SungNamZ

Zach, lsdunique has a thread, I have a thread and you have a thread. Wasn't sure which one you asked for engine bay pics. I am bouncing between threads and other sites trying to respond, so I will post here and on the thread I started.

With a little luck, lsdunique will get me out an engine cover so I can put the package together and provide some pics. Here is what you asked for:

Old 04-18-2005, 05:00 PM
Phatmitzu

SungNamZ,

Donno if this has been brought up before, but other than the dyno, what other differences have you noticed with this new manifold? Such as sound/noise, low-end torque, heat etc...

Thanks
Old 04-18-2005, 05:08 PM
zachcrosen

Originally Posted by SungNamZ
Zach, lsdunique has a thread, I have a thread and you have a thread. Wasn't sure which one you asked for engine bay pics. I am bouncing between threads and other sites trying to respond, so I will post here and on the thread I started.

With a little luck, lsdunique will get me out an engine cover so I can put the package together and provide some pics. Here is what you asked for:

Thanks for the pix. They continue to look awesome. Check it out, I started a thread and now I cant even post in it??? I am confused! Oh well.
Old 04-18-2005, 05:27 PM
alphaz

Posting to see the NA Dyno #'s. BTW it looks great. One question....Are all the runners the same length ?
Old 04-18-2005, 05:30 PM
zachcrosen

Originally Posted by alphaz
Posting to see the NA Dyno #'s. BTW it looks great. One question....Are all the runners the same length ?
I think they are equal length. They are just staggered which makes some look longer than the others. Ron or Robert, correct me if I am wrong.
Old 04-18-2005, 05:49 PM
lucidazn

Subscribing...

Dying to see the NA numbers!!
Old 04-18-2005, 06:06 PM
Acree

Originally Posted by lucidazn
Subscribing...

Dying to see the NA numbers!!

ditto
Old 04-18-2005, 06:22 PM
RashMan14

Man i cant wait for those NA numbers. So wed or thursday? I can wait for that. I cant wait to see them and i cant wait for the GB to officially start.

Last edited by RashMan14; 04-18-2005 at 06:31 PM.
Old 04-18-2005, 06:25 PM
zachcrosen

AGAIN, NA NUMBERS WILL BE OUT EITHER WED OR THURSDAY. Everyone be patient and info will come out shortly.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:26 PM
hfm

That looks beautiful.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:31 PM
dynamic6er

Normally I don't like to jump into other manufacturers threads but my own curiosity has gotten the better of me. I have not had the chance to read through the last 14 pages so someone may have covered this.

The dynos provided by Sungnam have a slight "anomoly". The areas circled below are where the peak HP and TRQ numbers are made. This huge spike is normally caused when the dyno operator releases the throttle before pressing the button to stop the dyno computer from sampling the run. The dyno computer freaks out in this situation and registers a spike. I don't know the mechanics behind it, but I have seen this happen on our own dyno. It is adding anywhere from 10 to 20 peak HP to the chart. Can we see the other two graphs?
Old 04-18-2005, 07:47 PM
SungNamZ

Originally Posted by dynamic6er
Normally I don't like to jump into other manufacturers threads but my own curiosity has gotten the better of me. I have not had the chance to read through the last 14 pages so someone may have covered this.

The dynos provided by Sungnam have a slight "anomoly". The areas circled below are where the peak HP and TRQ numbers are made. This huge spike is normally caused when the dyno operator releases the throttle before pressing the button to stop the dyno computer from sampling the run. The dyno computer freaks out in this situation and registers a spike. I don't know the mechanics behind it, but I have seen this happen on our own dyno. It is adding anywhere from 10 to 20 peak HP to the chart. Can we see the other two graphs?
Speed Dreams has done approximately 78 pulls for me over the past 9 months. During these pulls we put my "Z" on the dyno and did three pulls with the Kinetix V4. The car remained on the dyno while we removed the V4 and installed the intake manifold. The areas you have circled are comparing Vortech SC with V4 and then with "new" manifold. Pulls that I did back in November 2004 with Vortech SC and Kinetix V4 showed both POWER and TORQUE flattening or dropping off after 6300 rpms and continuring to drop to 7100 rpms.

We then did three pulls with the "new' intake. For comparison, as shown on dyno graph, we took the 1st pull with the V4 and first with the "new" intake. However, your concerns are valid and time does not appear to be an issue. I will go by speed dream tomorrow and get pulls 2 and 3 with IM, take pics and post.

Last edited by SungNamZ; 04-18-2005 at 08:00 PM.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:13 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

sungnam, maybe a video would help instead?

I don't think Dave is accusing Speed Dreams of doing it on purpose to show a higher number or if they are doing that on purpose...that they know what effect it is causing.

If you can't do a video...it's no problem. If you do get a video, I can host it for you if you need.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:33 PM
SungNamZ

Speed Dreams has nothing to gain. If and or when this happened, they volunteered there services to me not Kinetix. They do not carry Kinetix products or were they paid by Kinetix to perform this service.

With me having the TS "Limited Flash" my rev limit is 7100+. Pulls in November went to 7200 with Vortech SC and V4. Max POWER 337.9 and Max TORQUE 287.0

Kind of late for a video. With the recent information that Split Second has posted on their website, I am probably going to "road tune" the intake and Vortech SC using Zeitronix Wideband and R4 program before going back up on the dyno with the IM. As I said in the previous post, I will visit Speed Dreams tomorrow and get copies of runs 2 and 3 with the IM.

Last edited by SungNamZ; 04-18-2005 at 08:36 PM.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:24 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Ahh...I thought you meant you were going up there for another dyno.

Thanks for clarifying...that means it was not intentional and that they did not know it would do that. All good.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:21 AM
zachcrosen

Originally Posted by SungNamZ
Speed Dreams has nothing to gain. If and or when this happened, they volunteered there services to me not Kinetix. They do not carry Kinetix products or were they paid by Kinetix to perform this service.

With me having the TS "Limited Flash" my rev limit is 7100+. Pulls in November went to 7200 with Vortech SC and V4. Max POWER 337.9 and Max TORQUE 287.0

Kind of late for a video. With the recent information that Split Second has posted on their website, I am probably going to "road tune" the intake and Vortech SC using Zeitronix Wideband and R4 program before going back up on the dyno with the IM. As I said in the previous post, I will visit Speed Dreams tomorrow and get copies of runs 2 and 3 with the IM.
What info has been posted on Split Seconds website??
Old 04-19-2005, 06:56 AM
SungNamZ

Originally Posted by zachcrosen
What info has been posted on Split Seconds website??
Zach, to my knowledge nothing has been posted on Split Second web site. The only sites I have post are this site, ZChickz and **********.
Old 04-19-2005, 07:20 AM
dynamic6er

Originally Posted by nis350ztt
sungnam, maybe a video would help instead?

I don't think Dave is accusing Speed Dreams of doing it on purpose to show a higher number or if they are doing that on purpose...that they know what effect it is causing.

If you can't do a video...it's no problem. If you do get a video, I can host it for you if you need.

Yeah I just want to clarify. nis350ztt is correct, I am not accusing anyone of anything. It normally happens by accident. The button is just pushed a half second late. When a car is racing towards redline while your watching 5 different gauges and listening for detonation things get hairy. I just wanted to see the other graphs. No harm in that right. The runs were made, why not?

Quick Reply: ** NEW INTAKE MANIFOLD ** long awaited, with pics