Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Phatmitzu
wow... but I assume it will be bing bing $$$
He stated the price in the first post.
Old 04-07-2005, 06:47 PM
Zexy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome!!

I think a LS1 design, like 3 runners coming out to the left and 3 to the right would have been better looking. Did you try that design? That would have been real interesting.
Old 04-07-2005, 06:55 PM
xziteme

Originally Posted by o snap its eric
wheres the guy with the NA setup now? =)
Waiting for NA results!!
Old 04-07-2005, 06:58 PM
zachcrosen

Originally Posted by Zexy
Awesome!!

I think a LS1 design, like 3 runners coming out to the left and 3 to the right would have been better looking. Did you try that design? That would have been real interesting.
I believe their first prototype of the full plenum was like what you are talking about. It had 3 on each side. Correct me Robert if I am wrong! I cant belive those HP #s. AMAZING!!
Old 04-07-2005, 06:59 PM
mario60185
Chicago Realtor

not to discredit these guys ,but really bro, it just sounds TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE> anyone else feel the same...if 50 horsepower are seen(what does he have on that car?) if its fi then maybe na will see 20hp? i dont know theres just been alot of stuff that got all hyped up and then your let down somehow...if you could please better explain the setup on the car you dynoed. and im REALLY waiting for na numbers....i think it would be good to get a dyno na with a car lightly tuned...like exhaust, intake, then stock plenum vs your plenum...cause i would bet alot of people on here are still lightly tuned cars, and when you post big numbers it looks real good but if the car is heavily tuned those numbers mean crap to most of us...just my2cents
Old 04-07-2005, 07:00 PM
SungNamZ

Originally Posted by Phatmitzu
wow... but I assume it will be bing bing $$$
lsdunique posted some $$$ ("$700-$800 range") in his AVAILABILITY paragraph. Based on past Kinetix Introductory Pricing, with orders placed within a posted time frame, I would guess initial price in the low $700 range and then increasing to high $700 range to low $800 range.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:06 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT
Premier Member

The results are great but N/A numbers (versus stock plenum) will be important to see. If somehow it squeezes out 25-30 then it will be a very worthwhile mod and the price will be justified. Gotta show significant gains over Crawford.

Does anyone know if there is an N/A dyno scheduled ?
Old 04-07-2005, 07:12 PM
SungNamZ

Originally Posted by mario60185
not to discredit these guys ,but really bro, it just sounds TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE> anyone else feel the same...if 50 horsepower are seen(what does he have on that car?) if its fi then maybe na will see 20hp? i dont know theres just been alot of stuff that got all hyped up and then your let down somehow...if you could please better explain the setup on the car you dynoed. and im REALLY waiting for na numbers....i think it would be good to get a dyno na with a car lightly tuned...like exhaust, intake, then stock plenum vs your plenum...cause i would bet alot of people on here are still lightly tuned cars, and when you post big numbers it looks real good but if the car is heavily tuned those numbers mean crap to most of us...just my2cents
What I have on my car is lisited below. However, Kinetix V4 has been removed, but remained listed until Isdunique announcement. We did not do any tuning prior to putting on the dyno, while on the dyno or after removing Kinetix V4 and installing Kinetix "Prototype". I installed the Vortech SC in June 2004. ECU was "flashed" during install. All other mods listed were installed prior to Vortech SC (i.e. Kinetix V4, Borla Exhaust and RT Cats).

Last edited by SungNamZ; 04-07-2005 at 07:14 PM.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:15 PM
Gman2004

I am not seeing any numbers. Did you post a dyno graph? Can you just post what the before after numbers where?

Originally Posted by SungNamZ
Yes! Removed the Kinetix V4 and lower manifold and installed "Prototype".
This is the "out of the box", 1st dyno pull without additional tuning.

Last edited by Gman2004; 04-07-2005 at 07:17 PM.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:11 PM
projectmrod

awesome design. im wondering if you guys can do like a lay-a-way type thing for a group buy for me
but i have 2 questions.. and i hope they arent too n00bish

1) did you guys try putting in individual throttlebodiess during testing... or would it would it not have done anything performance wise?

2) if i have a nismo cold air.. will it still fit on that manifold??
Old 04-07-2005, 08:34 PM
SungNamZ

Originally Posted by Gman2004
I am not seeing any numbers. Did you post a dyno graph? Can you just post what the before after numbers where?
Posted earlier in the thread, but will do again and hope this is what you are looking for. It shows the Kinetix V4 with Vortech SC (before) and then Kinetix Intake Manifold with Vortech SC numbers (after).

Old 04-07-2005, 08:38 PM
Acree

Cool

holy **** that's impressive. but i imagine the majority of Z owners are still N/A. can't wait to see the graph. nice job on the design.

on the subject, would it be possible to make a plenum that looks like an ls1? where it has the 6 runners, and then the inlet facing the front of the car then relocating the MAF to infront of that? just wondering.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:49 PM
SungNamZ

Originally Posted by projectmrod
awesome design. im wondering if you guys can do like a lay-a-way type thing for a group buy for me
but i have 2 questions.. and i hope they arent too n00bish

1) did you guys try putting in individual throttlebodiess during testing... or would it would it not have done anything performance wise?

2) if i have a nismo cold air.. will it still fit on that manifold??
When you say "throttlebodies" are you meaning plural? Like more than one (1)? I will attach another pic, from a different angle, but I only used the OEM throttle body with the INTAKE.

Not familar with the "nismo cold air", but if it connects to the OEM Throttle Body, it should fit. I did not have to make any adjustment to the Vortech SC piping or MAF housing.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:05 PM
nuttyprof

Wow. great! its been such a long time and its finally here! yay.

as for N/A...isnt this piece designed more for FI, so NA shouldnt even see much of a gain at all should it?

But if there is going to be a dyno, I volunteer my car. exhaust, HF cats, chip, and intake. Plus im in the area. =) cant wait to see this.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:06 PM
Gman2004

Thanks Sung,

I was logged on through my company network and the firewall was blocking imagestation. I see it now.

Can you clarify one thing though? With these mods Vortech SC, Kinetix V4, Borla Exhaust and RT Cats you should be higher than 333rwhp. I had a vortech on my car recently and with top spead headers, test pipes, 3" b pipe, and greddy sp2 my best dyno was 380rwhp...my lowest was 362. Most vortech guys are getting close to the 380rhwp area with breathing mods. Why was yours so low before the new intake.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:12 PM
krismax

ok i think some people may be confused the stock 350z manifolds upper is two parts ,THEN the lower houses the rail and injectors.
Correct me if im wrong put this new IM bolts to the top of the lower IM and not the 3.5 heads.

As for maxima owners all the plenum makers would have to do is where the first bend starts (in the TB neck) slightly into that bend put the TB bolt on flange there and maxima people can use this. Ill prob just buy one and have a SS flange welded on because mine will use a pathfinder cable TB.
I believe maxima owners will have to buy a 350z lower (part that injectors go in,and part that bolts to heads) to make this work.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:55 PM
mdracer76
Banned

Cool stuff.. I've been waiting for an intake manifold like this to come around. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. Would love to see some NA numbers as well...

Old 04-07-2005, 09:58 PM
hndumafia

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

subscribing.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:04 PM
GQ 350z

Wow. Just wow.

<---- crossing fingers for 20 rwhp n/a

Damn, so much for Volks.

ravi
Old 04-07-2005, 10:07 PM
lsdunique

His numbers were lower than most vortechs, mainly because of the high elevation. I believe (correct me if I am worng) that he is at about 5000 ft elevation.

Also to be noted is that SungnamZ has done numerous dyno pulls, with the same shop/tuner. His car has been tweeked and tuned for some time now, and the before and after runs were done with zero tuning in between.

This manifold will bolt up with ANY aftermarket intake, or any FI kit, because it uses the same mounting locations as the factory manifold.

We will be getting detailed weights vs. stock manifold within a day or two. I expect this new manifold to be slightly lighter.

I would NOT expect 20hp gains in NA form, we will have before/after dyno runs in NA form within about 10 days, but it is very possible that with a rev limit increase we may approach 20hp, because the manifold really starts to pull 6k and beyond.

Quick Reply: ** NEW INTAKE MANIFOLD ** long awaited, with pics