Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

N/A dyno numbers KINETIX intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 01:04 PM
zzzya

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lsdunique
We had the rev limit increased with a limited reflash. This was done AFTER baseline runs, and before manifold runs.

There were no changes made to timing or A/F
Was this a TS limited reflash? If so then the throttle body fix may be having some effect. I think the real question will be seeing the results on a NA car with more mods since we all know the intake, cams, manifolds, cats and y-pipe are really limiting in stock form. I do like the lower rpm gains if the TB fix is not a factor.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:06 PM
mario60185
Chicago Realtor

thats what i said, wheres a dyno with a lightly modded car? That should explain more.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:10 PM
GoSooners

So when will the pics of the engine cover be posted?
Old 04-26-2005, 01:12 PM
drsifu

there are lots of variables out there that cannot be accounted for.

i vote kinetix do the following...send the manifolds out to reputable members who are interested in buying this IM. Have them dyno using there money with before/after results. if they are happy, deduct the cost of the dynos from the IM. If they are not happy, they send it back and eat the cost of the dyno.

this way you get a bunch of results to back up your product.

i bought the hydrazine plenum spacer because of the numerous dynos done on various cars, all of which showed improvement throughout the entire power band.

whadda u say? i don't want an IM, but others may.

good luck.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:17 PM
gregfeder

how could anyone bash this product?! For $700+- a few this is the best product you can buy for the z. Those numbers are on a bone stock z! This product is amazing, those numbers cannot be achieved from any one mod under 700.

-greg
Old 04-26-2005, 01:18 PM
zzzya

Originally Posted by Faluzure
I think you guys that are disappointed need to realize what's being compared here. Unless you have a complete solution for the entire manifold, all the upper intake manifold & spacers out there will have near similar results (including Hydrazine's, AAM's Angled, APS's upcoming, Crawford's plenum, the old/new kinetix, etc). Don't get me wrong, the new Kinetix manifold is absolutely gorgeous of all the current solutions out there, but I think people overhyped it. You can only do so much when dealing with only upper manifold.

The same would apply if 350EVO released only their upper intake manifold, you'd also see similar numbers between what's already out there. However, 350EVO is working on an entire solution (replaces the whole OEM manifold). They are probably the only company right now that will produce the desired N/A results people are looking for. Otherwise, don't bash on Kinetix just because their numbers are too close to Brand X's plenum/spacer.

Personally, I would have gone for the new Kinetix (because I'm really into the appearance of how my engine bay looks), Crawford's Plenum, or 350 EVO's upcoming solution, but I won a black powder coated cast Crawford plenum for free from Crawford a few weeks ago at ZAttack in Nashville, TN. Since I wanted one of these 3 upper intake manifolds anyway, I'm going to stick with my Crawford one. I like how it looks in my engine bay and it performs very well. Those of you who haven't done anything to the upper manifold are in a very good position right now. Kinetix, hands down, is the most beautiful and performs just as well (if not better) than the other guys' solutions.
The new Kinetix replaces both the upper and lower manifold, maybe I am misreading your post? I personally do not like how this new manifold sits off center over the engine, but that may only be me. I would love to see some numbers on a highly modded NA car though as I would be interested in any improvements in my own car in NA form so I can stop dreaming of a built block with 16 lbs of expensive boost
Old 04-26-2005, 01:20 PM
mario60185
Chicago Realtor

no one is bashing it, we just have come to expect more dynos cause of past mods, most guys have done stock dynos and modded dynos, the main thing is i think too many people seen the fi dyno and thought the na dyno would be insane. almost 17 horsepower for 700 is pretty damn good though.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:21 PM
Nano

Originally Posted by Gman2004
Would you really pay $700 to decorate your engine bay? Wow!
That is irrelevant. NA or FI doesn't matter, the only thing that matters is how much power you want to make. This is probably the best designed manifold on the market, it will produce higher HP numbers with proper setup and tunning, no matter if you are NA or F1.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:22 PM
zzzya

Originally Posted by gregfeder
how could anyone bash this product?! For $700+- a few this is the best product you can buy for the z. Those numbers are on a bone stock z! This product is amazing, those numbers cannot be achieved from any one mod under 700.

-greg
Ummmm go compare those numbers to the old kinetix or crawford plenums or the spacers that sell for a lot less money. For $700 you could have a spacer, JWT popcharger, some test pipes and still probably have a little left over. Plus a limited reflash doesn't necessarily mean only the rev limiter was adjusted as the TS limited reflash fixes the Throttle body opening to 100%.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:23 PM
drsifu

[QUOTE=gregfeder]how could anyone bash this product?! For $700+- a few this is the best product you can buy for the z. Those numbers are on a bone stock z! This product is amazing, those numbers cannot be achieved from any one mod under 700.

I beg to differ. Maybe one mod cannot achieve that number, but $700 can achieve that number in other ways. but that topic is neither here or now to discuss.

yes, i believe this manifold replaces the upper and lower plenum from reading the other threads.

very interesting discussion and data we have.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:25 PM
ZBoater

Geez, I dont understand all this hoobaboloo about the stock numbers being so low. Yes, stock Zs average 235hp at the rear wheels. Does the word AVERAGE mean anything? Dyno results can vary as much as 30hp on the SAME CAR in different machines. Does anyone have the link to that article where they took the SAME bone stock Z car to 6 different dynos and got the six different results with a difference of 30hp between the highest and lowest? Quibbling over a couple of hp on the baseline dyno done in different dyno machines is pointless, and even on the same machine different Zs will have slightly different numbers, hence the word AVERAGE.

Now, comparing the base dyno with the one with the new manifold, 12hp is nothing to sneeze at. Remember, that is JUST the manifold. Change out the intake, headers, cats and exhaust and you are looking at some serious NA gains.

My problem is that already owning the v4 plenum, any gains I will see will not be as dramatic (a couple 3 or 4 hp at best), and for $700, ugghhh!!!! If I didnt have the v4, I would jump on it. Heck, I'm still thinking of jumping on it cause the thing looks so darn good!!!!

Thanks Kinetix for another cool product for our Zs.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:29 PM
Nano

Originally Posted by gregfeder
I beg to differ. Maybe one mod cannot achieve that number, but $700 can achieve that number in other ways. but that topic is neither here or now to discuss.
you can achieve the same numbers in many ways. A 400$ Y-pipe will give you the same gains than 100$ test pipes. Doesn't mean the Y-pipe is pointless or you should stop at that one single modifcation.

The issue (and what people should look out for). Is if this modification will enable to reach higher NA numbers at the end of the line.

the manifold was tested on stock car. I'd be curious to see what gains it would give on a fully built NA car.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:36 PM
mario60185
Chicago Realtor

i think some of us might be very picky and theres nothing wrong with that, but lets all just say thanks to kinetix for even trying. Without them wed have onbe less product to choose from. I still want to see dyno with lightly moddded car though!
Old 04-26-2005, 01:37 PM
Z CRUZN

The peak numbers are as well as to be expected for intake on n/a 3.5 engine. I'm pleased to see the torque & HP numbers down low....I was expecting a slight loss in torque low. Kudos to Kinetix for another intake option to consider......
Old 04-26-2005, 01:41 PM
mario60185
Chicago Realtor

good job homies!
Old 04-26-2005, 01:49 PM
Strife350z

nice! imo, this confirms that the plenum is a great deal... the car started with 20s to begin with, which explains the low stock dyno numbers... but a 16 whp gain is not bad, especially considering the gains under the entire curve

plus the point about the engine dress-up is a huge one... just getting a stock plenum polished would run you 150-200 bucks... so think of this as a plenum (400) + dress up (200) + a few more poines for $700

I'm wondering what the other impacts of the plenum are those as well.. like A/F ratios on a STOCK Z and sound changes (if any)

either way... great work kinetix! but maybe my post will reduce the price to $600? just wishful thinking

Last edited by Strife350z; 04-26-2005 at 01:53 PM.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:50 PM
ColecatZ

I've seen several cars dyno stock around 220ish mark, so the numbers seem fine to me concidering the 20". I personally have had 2 Z's of my own that have eached dynoed 249Rwhp and the 2nd 223rwhp from the factory..... every car is different.

I think the gains on the plenum look great for NA and FI. I'm getting one while I'm NA and will let it beneift me more when I get the Greddy kit on.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:52 PM
350zWarz

i'll volunteer for a dyno if the money i spend on the dyno comes off the plenum... I have a popcharger, 3/8 plenum spacer, topspeed headers, kinetix resonated test pipes, injen straight tip exhaust and AAM reflash with 7k redline.... pick me pick me!!
Old 04-26-2005, 02:05 PM
zachcrosen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sisco534
It does look strange because they are so low.Stock 6mt with 18inch wheels will average 236 whp with no mods!!!???? Why are these numbers so low?
I dynoed last year with headers, test pipes, dual exhaust, popcharger and Kinetix V4 plenum and only got 232 HP and low 220s TQ. I do have an automatic. All cars and power numbers will be different.

With my mods, I am only running a 14.1 1/4 @ 98 MPH and I have a friend that has a 6MT with the popcharger and is running 13.7s. Go figure.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:11 PM
zachcrosen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Faluzure
I think you guys that are disappointed need to realize what's being compared here. Unless you have a complete solution for the entire manifold, all the upper intake manifold & spacers out there will have near similar results (including Hydrazine's, AAM's Angled, APS's upcoming, Crawford's plenum, the old/new kinetix, etc). Don't get me wrong, the new Kinetix manifold is absolutely gorgeous of all the current solutions out there, but I think people overhyped it. You can only do so much when dealing with only upper manifold.
Im not sure I agree with your "overhyped it" comment. This manifold was designed for a F/I car and NOT a NA car. From what I understand, runner length is an important factor on the manifold. I think that the fact that this thing still provides gains of 12-15 HP on a NA car throughout the powerband is awesome. The fact that they were able to get this high of gains out of a F/I designed manifold is awesome IMO. PLus this thing is soooo fuking hot. Nothing else looks this awesome.

Quick Reply: N/A dyno numbers KINETIX intake manifold