Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

N/A dyno numbers KINETIX intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 03:26 AM
zachcrosen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by G352NV
Any chance the first batch will ship before the original date?
I doubt it. If anything, they might ship a day or so late. But thats just how it goes with groupbuys.
Old 05-09-2005, 03:47 AM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by zachcrosen
I doubt it. If anything, they might ship a day or so late. But thats just how it goes with groupbuys.
"A day or so"? When can we expect the "blah blah blah ... production delays ...blah blah blah ... a few weeks ..." post?

If they were not going to have them ready when the said they were going to, then they should not have started this GB until they were ready. I knew that this crap would happen when they started accepting payment and then said that they did not have any manifolds yet. They are not outsourcing this to DreamWerks are they? (j/k)

My guess is that we won't see one of these until late June. I hope I am wrong though.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:36 PM
zachcrosen

Originally Posted by teh215
"A day or so"? When can we expect the "blah blah blah ... production delays ...blah blah blah ... a few weeks ..." post?

If they were not going to have them ready when the said they were going to, then they should not have started this GB until they were ready. I knew that this crap would happen when they started accepting payment and then said that they did not have any manifolds yet. They are not outsourcing this to DreamWerks are they? (j/k)

My guess is that we won't see one of these until late June. I hope I am wrong though.
Hold on man. Its going to be aight! I dont know what the status on their manifold production is. Remember, I DO NOT work for nor am I affiliated with Kinetix so anything I say is just speculation. I have been part of several group buys and they (not referring to Kinetix) always are very slow in delivering products. GBs always take longer for some reason. I guess its just the price we must pay for a discount on a great looking product!

Zach
Old 05-09-2005, 01:50 PM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hold on man. Its going to be aight! I dont know what the status on their manifold production is. Remember, I DO NOT work for nor am I affiliated with Kinetix so anything I say is just speculation. I have been part of several group buys and they (not referring to Kinetix) always are very slow in delivering products. GBs always take longer for some reason. I guess its just the price we must pay for a discount on a great looking product!

Zach
Zach- I know that you do not work for Kinetix and I apologize if I sound like I am trying to bust your chops over this. My concern is that you don't work for them and I don't see much feedback from Robert as far as if they are still going to be able to meet this ship date. I don't care so much that it is going to be delayed a little but, I would like to know before 5/13.

Again, I apologize...It was early in the AM when I posted that and I am still a little cranky then.

Rob
Old 05-09-2005, 02:41 PM
G352NV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess Ill email them and ask. Ive been putting off my tune because of this thing. My car is running like chit, pig rich! So the sooner the better!
Old 05-09-2005, 02:48 PM
zachcrosen

Aight, here is an update on the 1st 8. Robert said he is taking these to the polisher tomorrow. I wouldnt expect this process to take a terribly long time so I would ASSUME that it will be shipped out on time.
Old 05-09-2005, 06:04 PM
Barzten1

Is the first 8 list official?
Old 05-09-2005, 06:16 PM
zachcrosen

Originally Posted by Barzten1
Is the first 8 list official?
As far as I know, it is the same 8 that I have posted somewhere already before. I dont have the official list of the 1st 8 who paid counting myself.
Old 05-10-2005, 02:49 AM
zachcrosen

Originally Posted by G352NV
I guess Ill email them and ask. Ive been putting off my tune because of this thing. My car is running like chit, pig rich! So the sooner the better!
Your PM box is full. Here is the info you requested.

https://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhaust/120390-kinetix-gb-all-products-except-y-pipe.html

1) Paypal $325 to myliquidator@hotmail.com and include product and phone number and screen name

2) email to kxgroupbuys@hotmail.com and include product and phone number as well

3) PM me with product and email address

Let me know when you pay and I will add this to my records.

Thx
Zach
Old 05-10-2005, 09:22 AM
G352NV

Just paid.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:27 PM
copba1t

So all we have to go on is a dyno just recently done compared to a "baseline" that was done months ago? As far as I'm concerned, there are still no useful results, comparing those two runs and coming to any conculsions is ridiculous.
Old 05-11-2005, 03:11 AM
zachcrosen

Originally Posted by copba1t
So all we have to go on is a dyno just recently done compared to a "baseline" that was done months ago? As far as I'm concerned, there are still no useful results, comparing those two runs and coming to any conculsions is ridiculous.
Thanks for your useful information! My suggestion is that you don't buy one then!
Old 05-11-2005, 08:04 AM
slaponte

Smile

Thanks for your useful information! My suggestion is that you don't buy one then!

Zach, are you tring to get a salesperson job with Kinetix?? Or do you get your IM for free if you sign up enough people??? Whats the incentive?????

Just kidding, ok!
Old 05-11-2005, 08:11 AM
JimRHIT

How was his information not useful? There are many people here that don't understand that the time lapse matters in the dyno.

I am not buying one, but only since I already have a V4 from last GB and don't feel the need for a cosmetic upgrade. I do believe this will make ok power, but not $700 power.
Old 05-11-2005, 11:08 AM
copba1t

Note that my comment wasn't even directed at Kinetix or anyone in particular, I was just saying that for ANYONE to make assumptions off what little information we have already is probably not in their best interest.

I appreciate the fact that Kinetix has provided us with what they do have, I'm just saying that it's still not enough information to go on is all.

I mean seriously, many people will even have issue with removing the car from the dyno in between runs on the SAME DAY, and we are talking a matter of MONTHS in this case. It's just totally inconclusive to me, but opinions vary I guess.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:40 PM
zachcrosen

Originally Posted by slaponte

Zach, are you tring to get a salesperson job with Kinetix?? Or do you get your IM for free if you sign up enough people??? Whats the incentive?????

Just kidding, ok!
There are always perks with doing GBs. Hosting a GB does take a good bit of work. So essentially, you are getting "paid" for what you do in hosting a GB. However, I am not telling what the perks in this case are!
Old 05-11-2005, 01:06 PM
mcduck

I mean seriously, many people will even have issue with removing the car from the dyno in between runs on the SAME DAY, and we are talking a matter of MONTHS in this case. It's just totally inconclusive to me, but opinions vary I guess.
That's what SAE correction is for... its not perfect, but will give you good relative measure of the change. Still, anyone who is not entirely sure they want to purchase because there are not enough hard figures available yet should probably wait. I'm sure once the first batch or two go out, more dynos will be posted. Of course, by waiting for further verification of the gains, those who wait must pay more.
Old 05-12-2005, 03:02 AM
little_rod

Yeah, I have to agree with duck on this one. While the current numbers aren't perfect, they are the best you will see for now. More accurate numbers will come later, course the price will be higher too. Would be nice to have those numbers now, but oh well, thus is life. That is why each individual has his own money and can decide for theirself if they want to use it to buy this or any product.

Can't wait to see a dyno with back to back comparisons though.
Old 05-12-2005, 05:16 PM
zachcrosen

Originally Posted by little_rod
Yeah, I have to agree with duck on this one. While the current numbers aren't perfect, they are the best you will see for now. More accurate numbers will come later, course the price will be higher too. Would be nice to have those numbers now, but oh well, thus is life. That is why each individual has his own money and can decide for theirself if they want to use it to buy this or any product.

Can't wait to see a dyno with back to back comparisons though.
Hopefully I will have dyno numbers Wed but that will be with my new Vortech as well.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:03 PM
G352NV

So did they make the their date of the 13th?

Quick Reply: N/A dyno numbers KINETIX intake manifold