zachcrosen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is the long awaited GB thread:

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....81#post1404981

I dont see any work coming on ITBs!
Old 04-26-2005, 04:16 PM
zman1910

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are there gonna be any pics of the engine cover soon? I sent ya a pm zach!
Old 04-26-2005, 04:23 PM
lsdunique

we hope to post pics of engine cover tomorrow, but more than likely on thursday
Old 04-26-2005, 05:52 PM
all_bark

personally I think that it gives good gains and even though I have the v4 I would still pay to upgrade to this beautiful piece of equipment just for the looks.

I would be interested in seeing a V4 heavily modded car against the new plenum on that same heavily modded car.

Hell. I would do it myself. Anyone want me to buy it and do a comparision against my mods? before and after same day?

And then, the only bad point for Kinetix is that if I do that and compare the V4 against the new one is that it makes Kinetix compete against themselves for the same business!

After this new one gets released will people still buy the V4?

Last edited by all_bark; 04-26-2005 at 05:55 PM.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:10 PM
Phatmitzu

Originally Posted by SungNamZ
Keep in mind the "prototype" was VERY rough. Not SS. lsdunique made some changes to the IM I currently have installed, which is the polished and the same as was dynoed for NA numbers. Hopefully, early next week I will have an opportunity to get back on the dyno. I do expect some different results, as a result of IM improvements and some tuning that will take place.
I see. Hoping to see better low/mid range numbers with the SS IM on a FI car.

Old 04-26-2005, 06:24 PM
G352NV

I got in now, just paid. But I like what it did with FI. and Im running a Vortech. The best part is Kinetix seems to stand behind their products. If something goes wrong with the first batch, Im sure they will take care of it. Thanks guys!
Old 04-26-2005, 06:42 PM
slaponte

As LSD stated in one of his post, there are people who wait and those that jump in. With this one I am jumping in. For what I have seen over the years, I know Kinetix will come through.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:19 PM
uplz4588

couple questins can you use this w/ any aftermarket CAI? the injen?

what will the price on these be after the GB is over? i dunno iff ill be able to afford this quite yet
Old 04-26-2005, 07:59 PM
lsdunique

expect it to be around $100 more in normal pricing.

It will work with any aftermarket intake or FI system
Old 04-26-2005, 08:16 PM
2003z

Originally Posted by lsdunique
expect it to be around $100 more in normal pricing.

It will work with any aftermarket intake or FI system
except the stillen supercharger, of course.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:53 AM
zachcrosen

Originally Posted by 2003z
except the stillen supercharger, of course.
And the HKS SC. Wont work with the HKS because you can not tune it. If you have the FCON thing with your HKS, you can use this manifold.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:34 AM
Faluzure

Originally Posted by lsdunique
we hope to post pics of engine cover tomorrow, but more than likely on thursday
Damn, you guys have a custom engine cover? That's cool, but why would you want to cover this beautiful piece?
Old 04-27-2005, 08:11 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by drsifu
i vote kinetix do the following...send the manifolds out to reputable members who are interested in buying this IM. Have them dyno using there money with before/after results. if they are happy, deduct the cost of the dynos from the IM. If they are not happy, they send it back and eat the cost of the dyno.
Kinetix-are you interested in this?? My car has every bolt on n/a (minus headers/TB), and I always dyno test all of my mods, on the same dyno. Ive put some parts on my car that have hurt numbers, others that have greatly helped. Look at my 1/4 times, that trap speed is faster than most Z's with headers and cams. I volunteer to track test it AND dyno test it. I will only send it back if it doesnt make over 8+ whp (that is all I would want out of it). If it makes 8whp or more, I will gladly keep it, and not expect money from you for dyno testing. But if it fails, I would like the option of having my $$$ back-either way Ill pay for the dyno. Also, my a/f right now is perfect 13.1-we can see on my car where, and if it leans me out. I will even re-flash my ecu back into tune with this on. Sound fair ??
Old 04-27-2005, 09:24 AM
Vash350Z

Originally Posted by Alberto
Kinetix-are you interested in this?? My car has every bolt on n/a (minus headers/TB), and I always dyno test all of my mods, on the same dyno. Ive put some parts on my car that have hurt numbers, others that have greatly helped. Look at my 1/4 times, that trap speed is faster than most Z's with headers and cams. I volunteer to track test it AND dyno test it. I will only send it back if it doesnt make over 8+ whp (that is all I would want out of it). If it makes 8whp or more, I will gladly keep it, and not expect money from you for dyno testing. But if it fails, I would like the option of having my $$$ back-either way Ill pay for the dyno. Also, my a/f right now is perfect 13.1-we can see on my car where, and if it leans me out. I will even re-flash my ecu back into tune with this on. Sound fair ??

this sounds like a great idea to me, i would really like to see what kind of damage this thing doest when compared to the current plenums on the market.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:48 PM
bwzabodyn

I still think everyone is missing the point here...

If you already have an aftermarket plenum, there is NO REASON to purchase this for anything but the looks... period. It does provide good gains, but for comparison, when I installed my v4 plenum, I gained 14whp and 9ft/lbs tq pretty much across the band, so not a substantial difference...

NOW, if you are an F/I guy, this is - WITHOUT A DOUBT - the IM to get... now, here's the thing - the original results that were posted were the NEW IM vs the V4 IM... so basically you got to see the results above and beyond what a comparable plenum out on the market would do... if you were to test this on an F/I car with a completely stock IM, I would venture to guess the gains (esp. the tq gains) would be drastically higher - I'd venture to guess around 20ft lbs more and around 10+hp more than the results posted...

IMO - Kinetix should get a nearly stock F/I vehicle and redo the testing for the IM - I think this would really provide the public with the CORRECT knowledge that it needs to make a decision... ultimately, my opinion is that for a guy that has already spent $7k+ on going F/I, this is a no brainer - however, if you are wanting to stay N/A for $$$ reasons, there are better solutions for you out there that provide comparable gains for less than half of the cost...
Old 04-27-2005, 01:04 PM
slaponte

Every situation is different, no? I have a K V4 and I am N/A. Yet I think I might go FI one day and I like this plenum a lot, so why not get this IM, sell the V4 and I will have the plenum I like and be ready for FI when it comes. And, if thats what I would like, then why not jump on the GB and save a few $$$? Plus, I really do believe that with the other mods I have I will do better with this plenum... time will tell.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:21 PM
krismax

The piping should be shorter on a NA version , that would be perfect for a na 3.5.Also whats the peak hp at?

Ill have to get one i guess and modefy it. If people relize the 350z has low end to spare then a great manifold could be made.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:04 PM
lsdunique

True, I would not pressure people into buying the new manifold if they already had a V4 plenum, or a Crawford plenum.

That would also be assuming cosmetics arent a priority. If the money is already spent, and you like your current plenum, then stick with it.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:11 PM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here are two questions that I have about the manifold:

1) Is there a provision for the water flow to the throttle body area?
2) Doesn't the lower collector incorporate a EGR circuit? Is there a provision for this?

TIA,

Rob
Old 04-27-2005, 02:31 PM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

More than dyno #'s, i'm interested in seeing before/after changes in in air/fuel ratio across the chart.

Quick Reply: N/A dyno numbers KINETIX intake manifold