Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 05:56 AM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Any Updates?
Old 08-15-2005, 06:23 AM
nissansource

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys just to keep everyone updated i just got back from vegas.. turns out when i went to go dyno at AFE their guys reschedualed with me due to some time issues. all is good and we schedualed for wednesday. I just want to appologize to everyone for not giving them the time to dyno right after another just had lots of stuff to do this month. I am very avid in the sport just during work hours im strapped. Hey also Jason@performance you are living in Rancho now? How about meeting up for dinner with couple other Z guys and check this out for yourself?? im down for anything after 5....

Last edited by nissansource; 08-15-2005 at 08:08 AM.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:38 AM
Roggan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nissansource
Hey guys just to keep everyone updated i just got back from vegas.. turns out when i went to go dyno at AFE their guys reschedualed with me due to some time issues. all is good and we schedualed for wednesday. I just want to appologize to everyone for not giving them the time to dyno right after another just had lots of stuff this month to do. I am very avid in the sport just during work hours im strapped. Hey also Jason@performance you are living in Rancho now? How about meeting up for dinner with couple other Z guys and check this out for yourself?? im down for anything after 5....

Looking forward to see the results! If i wasent on the other side of the globe i would have gladly joined you for dinner and some Z talk

/Roger
Old 08-15-2005, 08:09 AM
nissansource

Originally Posted by Roggan
Looking forward to see the results! If i wasent on the other side of the globe i would have gladly joined you for dinner and some Z talk

/Roger

Haha I wish you were local..
Old 08-15-2005, 08:15 AM
DayBlueZ

Nothing personal nissansource but, this test , i believe, is null and void now. There are way too many variables that play into this considering the amount of time past. As busy as you are you should not have volunteered to be the test subject. I don't think anyone on this board will believe anything the test results show due to the time lapse, lack of follow through and the test has been conducted by the manufacturer. Like i said, it's nothing personal it's just we (members) were looking for a test subject more readily available. I think i'm speaking for the majority here?
Old 08-15-2005, 08:24 AM
xephiron

How's it going DayblueZ?

JWT popcharger... in-expensive, proven, sounds and looks superb. Just look at the size of the cone, plenty of room to grow (HP/TQ upgrades). Want colder? get a new front fascia with an "intake hole" I guess, should atleast seem colder, in theory o.O
Old 08-15-2005, 08:28 AM
DayBlueZ

Great man! Haven't seen ya at the track lately.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:33 AM
nissansource

Originally Posted by DayBlueZ
Nothing personal nissansource but, this test , i believe, is null and void now. There are way too many variables that play into this considering the amount of time past. As busy as you are you should not have volunteered to be the test subject. I don't think anyone on this board will believe anything the test results show due to the time lapse, lack of follow through and the test has been conducted by the manufacturer. Like i said, it's nothing personal it's just we (members) were looking for a test subject more readily available. I think i'm speaking for the majority here?

How does the time being a week over due hurt results? a dyno is a dyno and results will be noticed if they where tampared with. I did my own dyno on my own time with the intake... it was a warm day and it showed improvement on the car. i hit AFE on wednesday and dyno on the mustang dyno they overlay my stock graph and the intake graph and we are done. How does this void???? If jason wants hell lets rip this off and lets get the intake on his car it really doesnt matter to me what car we tests on, We used mine since it was as stock as they come and if he as access to a dyno today lets rock the dyno today? I understand im new to the Z community but I am pretty avid in the nissan area. I do understand having jason test might have been better for a known voiced opinion but my car has never felt the way it feels now. This intake weather it is 5+hp or 15+ it works just a bit pricey. I offered my car to the community and to afe since i was local and had time at the given date to do the tests. One other time killer was the damn predrive 100-200 mile duty i had to do. Anyway does jason work at performance still? hell ill take him out to lunch today and let him drive if need be... lets do a butt dyno test. Jason availible for lunch?

Last edited by nissansource; 08-15-2005 at 08:36 AM.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:38 AM
Roggan

I do agree with that it will no longer be an "ideal test" and will most likely not give any exact figures down to the specific horsie, however what i am expecting is to see if there will be a anywhear near ~20hp increase or not, im happy with that much, i think we should be able to tell as much as if its a myth or not from this test, dont you guys agree?

I mean its still the same dyno and same car, what will be different is ambient temprature, temprature of engine components, and any changes to the dyno itself from the past week or two (no idea how much that affects the results).

/Roger
Old 08-15-2005, 08:44 AM
nissansource

Originally Posted by Roggan
I do agree with that it will no longer be an "ideal test" and will most likely not give any exact figures down to the specific horsie, however what i am expecting is to see if there will be a anywhear near ~20hp increase or not, im happy with that much, i think we should be able to tell as much as if its a myth or not from this test, dont you guys agree?

I mean its still the same dyno and same car, what will be different is ambient temprature, temprature of engine components, and any changes to the dyno itself from the past week or two (no idea how much that affects the results).

/Roger
One change is my oil just had it changed on sunday mmmm mobile 1 might help it who knows and its nice and cold out here in sunny CA today. the car has had the intake on for over 1000 miles now... changes in temp will help aid in more hp depending if its hot or cold out.. there are various things that will affect.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:45 AM
nissansource

BTW just Pmed Jason@performance seeing if hed like to do lunch
Old 08-15-2005, 08:54 AM
xephiron

Great man! Haven't seen ya at the track lately.
Ya, been training in Ohio alot lately, I am back now but still have a bent rim issue... https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135213

Can't wait to get back and test the TP's.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:54 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

How does the time being a week over due hurt results? a dyno is a dyno and results will be noticed if they where tampared with. I did my own dyno on my own time with the intake... it was a warm day and it showed improvement on the car. i hit AFE on wednesday and dyno on the mustang dyno they overlay my stock graph and the intake graph and we are done. How does this void???? If jason wants hell lets rip this off and lets get the intake on his car it really doesnt matter to me what car we tests on, We used mine since it was as stock as they come and if he as access to a dyno today lets rock the dyno today? I understand im new to the Z community but I am pretty avid in the nissan area. I do understand having jason test might have been better for a known voiced opinion but my car has never felt the way it feels now. This intake weather it is 5+hp or 15+ it works just a bit pricey. I offered my car to the community and to afe since i was local and had time at the given date to do the tests. One other time killer was the damn predrive 100-200 mile duty i had to do. Anyway does jason work at performance still? hell ill take him out to lunch today and let him drive if need be... lets do a butt dyno test. Jason availible for lunch?
Im down for lunch... MOndays are pretty hectic around here but I can try to get away...

Its not the time between the dyno im really concerned about... Its the time between the dyno at their place... You never know what they are going to do to make numbers higher...

talk soon!
Old 08-15-2005, 08:58 AM
nissansource

Originally Posted by Jason@Performance
Im down for lunch... MOndays are pretty hectic around here but I can try to get away...

Its not the time between the dyno im really concerned about... Its the time between the dyno at their place... You never know what they are going to do to make numbers higher...

talk soon!

That is true but im sure they wouldnt do that they seemed very very legit and professional about the whole deal going on. Well see......
Old 08-15-2005, 08:59 AM
Wotnot

Default Keep up the good effort Nissansource

Quote:

You don't speak for me dave.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:18 AM
E K

One change is my oil just had it changed on sunday mmmm mobile 1 might help it who knows and its nice and cold out here in sunny CA today. the car has had the intake on for over 1000 miles now... changes in temp will help aid in more hp depending if its hot or cold out.. there are various things that will affect.
Nissansource, as per my previous post, there are several things that can change in a week to affect the results. Ambient temp, humidity, the alignment of the car on the rollers, etc. Is AFE doing each run at the same coolant temp? And now you've added an oil change into the mix. Granted, I'm not talking about huge (>10 HP) changes, but when we're talking about differences of 5-10 HP for a mod, these are significant variables.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:24 AM
nissansource

Jason and I are in talks currently we are possibly getting together tonite at my house since we live so damn close to each other
Old 08-15-2005, 11:55 AM
Roggan

Jason and I are in talks currently we are possibly getting together tonite at my house since we live so damn close to each other
Ohhh, that sounds cozy! Just keep the details to yourselves!

/Roger

Last edited by Roggan; 08-15-2005 at 11:58 AM.

Quick Reply: 21HP 19 FT Torque! On the 350Z