Old 07-26-2005, 09:45 PM
Zexy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this ****1ng clown serious?

I'd love to see this.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:46 AM
ZinMiami

If you are refering to the vendor, he is at least coming forward and offering to have a test car come into their shop and test the kit. He is also offering to send a kit to a 3rd party for independant testing. That is more than most vendors will ever do. Especially since the results could go against him.

His claims may not pan out, but it shows that they do believe in their product and that they are a standup outfit. Lets wait on the results before we go trash mouthing this guy.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:17 AM
ZBoater

Originally Posted by ZinMiami
If you are refering to the vendor, he is at least coming forward and offering to have a test car come into their shop and test the kit. He is also offering to send a kit to a 3rd party for independant testing. That is more than most vendors will ever do. Especially since the results could go against him.

His claims may not pan out, but it shows that they do believe in their product and that they are a standup outfit. Lets wait on the results before we go trash mouthing this guy.
+10 on this. Way too many people jump up hysterically about these claims even when the vendor is offering up all this.
Old 07-27-2005, 05:32 AM
nissansource

Honestly the vendor has taken alot of shots from a buncha people. He has been a trooper staying in the game and still offering the items. even dyno time on the dynopack. regardless he has an A+ in my book even if it doesnt make the projected rateings. BTW Shaggy is a homie. Him and I are hitting Vegas this weekend and coming back Sunday. thats when we will dyno this at the dyno. id like to get on there dyno to in order to see the major difference in numbers.... Ive sent the AFE member a PM hopeing to get a kit done yesturday. We shall see what happends today. I can head down there anytime from my office to get this done. hell ill put couple hundred miles on the car with the Unit heading to vegas and then dyno.

Last edited by nissansource; 07-27-2005 at 05:35 AM.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:49 AM
barthelb
Master

Lets get some results!! enought Bs'ing.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:02 AM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Bump for more info.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:33 AM
nissansource

Yawnnnnnn waiting on the vendor.....
Old 07-27-2005, 12:06 PM
DrVolkl

Guys...seriously...we all know that it simply can not make those gains. The design is NO different than any other intake out there...how would they magically pull an extra 15hp out of it?

Plain and simple...they can't...it's BS.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:08 PM
Zexy

They always say they will prove it but never end up doing so , haha.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:06 PM
NTRIGUE

Originally Posted by DrVolkl
Guys...seriously...we all know that it simply can not make those gains. The design is NO different than any other intake out there...how would they magically pull an extra 15hp out of it?

+INFINITY

We have CAI offered by conglamerate companies like NISMO and AEM. They spend more on R&D than most countries GNP.

A) Nismo stood shoulder-to-shoulder with Nissan R&D when building the Z33 and had every engineering advantage over other manufacturers. If they aren't making the power aFe isn't making the power.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:42 PM
QuantumZ

I think one of the biggest mistakes that many tuners and customers on here are making is the fact that the VQ/350/G35 is extremely sensitive to modifications with respect to tuning. If you mod it, it needs tuned. A car could have, say, full exhaust, intake manifold, and headers and come in making only 15 hp more than stock. This could easily be because the tune is way off. They then add another part that throws the A/F ratio back the other way into ideal range for best power and suddenly everyone attributes that last mod to a big power maker. I think there are long term adjustments that will adjust for the fact but if you slap it on and dyno it it won't give you accurate results.
IMHO, every part must be compared 'before with tuning' versus 'after with tuning'. All the long time car groups (like domestics) understand and do this to ensure accuracy of testing on the particular part.
BTW, I am waiting on aFe to take the next step to get an intake in to test it before and after. I am also working with another member on here to get a set of crawford high flow cats with pre-cat wideband bungs so I can get accurate A/F numbers. I am also trying to track down an ECU harness and S-AFC or eManage so I can get it tuned before and after for proper numbers.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:29 PM
ZinMiami

AFE, please get back to the folks that want to test this kit out. I am praising your willingness to be stand-up about you claims so don't make me regret defending your cooperative attitude so far.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:26 PM
nissansource

Well... Ive pmed him and nothing yet... i guess the Z population scared him off or they are just really busy..... honestly i fly out to vegas tomarrow so its not gonna happen i guess untill i get back but still no response
Old 07-27-2005, 05:48 PM
Roggan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Full credz to mr aFe for his willingness in proving the product!! Personally i seriously doubt that it would do 20hp or even 15hp but it will be VERY intresting to see some 3rd party results.

I was just about to place an order today for the new Injen SP1986 CAI (for half the price of the aFe). Which btw claims 8-17hp so its acctually not THAT far off (in claimed gains). But now i will await some figures from this before i order an intake.

I do think that the new Injen and the aFe designers have found a "weak" spot in the stock intake related to the MAF sensor placement/tunnel. But if thats enough for 20hp is the question, we have seen that cloudy here has dynoed an additional 10+(?) hp with the new Injen so it is possible to produce quite good gains.

Waiting eagerly for some results!!

/Roger
Old 07-27-2005, 06:03 PM
Z BOY

Originally Posted by afetech
My manager is in contact with shipping a kit out to an individual from this board to do a full review on the Intake System. He promised to have dyno numbers and pictures to share. That should be done soon! I would also like to invite someone from this board (preferably with a stock 350Z) to schedule a day they could come down , throw a kit on, Dyno there car and see the results. If you would like to nominate a member and he or she is interested, PLease PM me and I will schedule a date to have this done.
hmm, two days since his last post. i think its prolly safe to say we scared him away, and he looks like this:
Attached Thumbnails 21HP 19 FT Torque! On the 350Z-pwn3d.jpg  
Old 07-27-2005, 07:17 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I still want somebody to explain to me the dates from the dyno sheet he eventually posted:

https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...6&postcount=28

The "run date" is in 23-Mar-2003, the printed date was "??-04". Why has it taken two or more years for this to come to light? If the run date is true, this would have been one of the first aftermarket intakes for the 350Z on the market. With such large gains, surely it would have caught somebody's attention. By now, somebody would have installed one on a Z and posted about it. Sump'n don't add up!
Old 07-28-2005, 08:39 AM
donricouga

Subscribing. I am interested in hearing the results of this Super intake.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:06 AM
hfm

Originally Posted by DrVolkl

Hehe magic intake reminds me of this:

"29) Q. Is it possible the two "yoots"--

Judge: Two what? What was that word?

G: What word?

J: Two what?

G: What?

J: Did you say yoots?

G: Yeah, two yoots.

J: What is a yoot?

Q. Excuse me your Honor, two "youths." Is it possible, the two defendants entered the store, picked 22 specific items off of the shelves, had the clerk take money, make change, then leave, then two different men, drive up in a similar--don't shake your head, I'm not done yet, wait till you here the whole thing, so that you can understand this now, two different men drive up in a similar looking car, go in, shoot the clerk, rob him, and then leave?

A. No. They didn't have enough time.

30) Q. Well, how much time was they in the store?

A. Five minutes.

31) Q. Five minutes? Are you sure, did you look at your watch?

A. No.

32) Q. Oh, oh, I'm sorry, you testified earlier that the boys went into the store and you had just begun to make breakfast, you were just ready to eat and you heard a gunshot, so obviously it takes you five minutes to make breakfast.

A. That's right

33) Q. So you knew that. Do you remember what you had?

A. Eggs and grits.

34) Q. Eggs and grits. I like grits too. How do you cook your grits? You like 'em regular, creamy, or al dente?

A. Just regular, I guess.

35) Q. Regular? Hmm. Instant grits?

A. No self-respecting southerner uses instant grits. I take pride in my grits.

36) Q. So, Mr. Tipton, how could it take you five minutes to cook your grits, when it takes the entire grit-eating world twenty minutes?

A. I don't know. I'm a fast cook I guess.

37) Q. I'm sorry, I was all the way over here, I couldn't here you. Are we to believe that boiling water soaks into a grit faster in your kitchen than in anyplace on the face of the earth?

A. I don't know.

38) Q. Perhaps the laws of physics cease to exist on your stove? Were these magic grits? Did you buy from the same guy who sold Jack his beanstalk beans?

Prosecution: Objection, your Honor.

Judge: Objection sustained. Mr. Tipton, you may ignore the question.

39) Q. Are you sure about that five minutes? Are you sure about that five minutes?

A. I don't know.

J: I think you made your point.(Hits gavel repeatedly)

40) Q. (yelling): Are you sure about that five minutes?

A. I may have been mistaken.

Gambini: I got no more use for this guy.

Rothenstein (to public defender): You're fired. I want him!"
Old 07-28-2005, 09:40 AM
bixby

Originally Posted by hfm
Hehe magic intake reminds me of this:

"29) Q. Is it possible the two "yoots"--

Judge: Two what? What was that word?

G: What word?

J: Two what?

G: What?

J: Did you say yoots?

G: Yeah, two yoots.

J: What is a yoot?

Q. Excuse me your Honor, two "youths." Is it possible, the two defendants entered the store, picked 22 specific items off of the shelves, had the clerk take money, make change, then leave, then two different men, drive up in a similar--don't shake your head, I'm not done yet, wait till you here the whole thing, so that you can understand this now, two different men drive up in a similar looking car, go in, shoot the clerk, rob him, and then leave?

A. No. They didn't have enough time.

30) Q. Well, how much time was they in the store?

A. Five minutes.

31) Q. Five minutes? Are you sure, did you look at your watch?

A. No.

32) Q. Oh, oh, I'm sorry, you testified earlier that the boys went into the store and you had just begun to make breakfast, you were just ready to eat and you heard a gunshot, so obviously it takes you five minutes to make breakfast.

A. That's right

33) Q. So you knew that. Do you remember what you had?

A. Eggs and grits.

34) Q. Eggs and grits. I like grits too. How do you cook your grits? You like 'em regular, creamy, or al dente?

A. Just regular, I guess.

35) Q. Regular? Hmm. Instant grits?

A. No self-respecting southerner uses instant grits. I take pride in my grits.

36) Q. So, Mr. Tipton, how could it take you five minutes to cook your grits, when it takes the entire grit-eating world twenty minutes?

A. I don't know. I'm a fast cook I guess.

37) Q. I'm sorry, I was all the way over here, I couldn't here you. Are we to believe that boiling water soaks into a grit faster in your kitchen than in anyplace on the face of the earth?

A. I don't know.

38) Q. Perhaps the laws of physics cease to exist on your stove? Were these magic grits? Did you buy from the same guy who sold Jack his beanstalk beans?

Prosecution: Objection, your Honor.

Judge: Objection sustained. Mr. Tipton, you may ignore the question.

39) Q. Are you sure about that five minutes? Are you sure about that five minutes?

A. I don't know.

J: I think you made your point.(Hits gavel repeatedly)

40) Q. (yelling): Are you sure about that five minutes?

A. I may have been mistaken.

Gambini: I got no more use for this guy.

Rothenstein (to public defender): You're fired. I want him!"
I love that movie!
Old 07-28-2005, 09:42 AM
afetech

Hey Guys,

No I am not scared away! I am trying to set something up for a dyno test this friday! I will contact NIssan and see if he could come down!

Quick Reply: 21HP 19 FT Torque! On the 350Z