Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Swapped Nismo Exhaust to Invidia's New G200

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 11:51 PM
jmcmorante

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swapped Nismo Exhaust to Invidia's New G200

I had been running the Nismo Cat-Back exhaust for about 6 months. I had gotten tempted to see what a true dual would do for me so I decided to test the new Invidia's G200 with Titanium Tips. Here is my impressions. Not a review, persay, Im not mechanically inclined but here is my thoughts.

To start, the apprearance of the Invidia's exhaust excels the Nismo one by its great looking Titanium tips. Starting it is when all my questions arised. The exhaust seems to me a lot more quieter than the Nismo one, which to me is not a positive thing since I like somewhat loud. When car is running at idle you dont hear anything at all that can say here is an aftermarket exhaust.

Driving puzzled me even more. I drove it today for fairly 90 miles to see how it really felt in all different ways. I dont know if it is my idea but I feel that I have loss Torque which worries me. Above 4K RPM you do feel a bit more of a pull than the Nismo but to get there I found myself flooring the car which I didnt have to do with the Nismo. I say I may have lost Torque due to the fact that now I find myself downshifting more often to pass cars or for acceleration when the Nismo gave instant responses.

Here is an example of how I feel it different. I have a Nitrous Wide Open Throttle switch behind the gas pedal, so if nitrous is activated when the gas pedal is floored it would produce a click on the switch indicating you are spraying. With the Nismo Exhaust, since I never had to floor the gas pedal I never heard that switch, and now since Im constantly flooring it I can hear my gas pedal clicking the nitrous switch a lot. WHich, therefore means Im having to floor the car for me to obtain some power.

When going into an on ramp at the FWY the initial acceleration I feel has been reduced but after 4K RPM I do feel a pull.

Well I wanted to know if anyone else has tried this new Invidia G200 exhaust, especially anyone who may have jumped from the Nismo one to this one. Would the exhaust get as loud as the Nismo after breaking period or not.

Kepp in mind that this exhaust is running in conjunction with Crawford High Flow Cats.
Attached Thumbnails Swapped Nismo Exhaust to Invidia's New G200-invidia.jpg  

Last edited by jmcmorante; 07-21-2005 at 11:53 PM.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:08 AM
VeilsideZ33

so would you be selling either of the two exhausts? lol
Old 07-22-2005, 03:16 AM
ZlleH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm, shitty to hear you have felt a power loss. The Titanium tips is the one reason why I did not even think about going for this exhuast. I find the Titanium tips makes the car cheap looking. It looks like some redneck couldn't afford a real exhuast and decided to get a big empty soup can that has been in the camp fire on one end and put it to his muffler.

Good luck to you.

Originally Posted by jmcmorante
To start, the apprearance of the Invidia's exhaust excels the Nismo one by its great looking Titanium tips.

Last edited by ZlleH; 07-22-2005 at 03:18 AM.
Old 07-22-2005, 04:07 AM
Kaitain

Originally Posted by ZlleH
The Titanium tips is the one reason why I did not even think about going for this exhuast. I find the Titanium tips makes the car cheap looking. It looks like some redneck couldn't afford a real exhuast and decided to get a big empty soup can that has been in the camp fire on one end and put it to his muffler.
Not to mention the fact that they sell fake titanium tips that come pre-blued...
Old 07-22-2005, 06:11 AM
zzzya

A dual exhaust will typically yield a tq loss when compared to a single exhaust on our NA engine, but usually can make up for that loss with nice gains up top. If you are not running headers or cams, you may not see the bigger gains up top. Also, you could have effected your A/F ratio. With some cars an increase in air flow is resulting in a lean condition, but on my car for example the ECU sees this and over-compensates creating a rich condition which results in power loss.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:25 AM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

Could it be that you are "flooring" it more just trying to hear the exhaust sound?
Old 07-22-2005, 07:05 AM
HyperSprite
Mad Scientist

I looked at this system but am not a fan of the rainbow and am also afraid it may go out of fashion. My wife is a fan of the thick wall tips, so she was not excited about it either.

Your description of the power is the exact same feeling I had with my Injen. Bogged terribly below 3~3.5K but unlike yours was loud as *beep* doing it. As for more pull at the top end, I wonder if it is more, or just the same but feels like more because the low end is gone?

Anyway, I now have the Nismo and am much happier with that. It sounds awesome driving around San Jose pre-Gran Prix with all the K rails lining the streets.

Chris
Old 07-22-2005, 09:05 AM
protocav

a lot of times people confuse noise with performance. perhaps the lack of a blairing exhaust note has fooled you into thinking that you are traveling as fast. only a dyno or 0-60 runs will tell the truth.

coule this be the case?
Old 07-22-2005, 09:56 AM
GZire

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Any way of running down to the shop and doing some dyno pulls? I'd be interested to see what the dyno says about the two different exhausts.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:01 AM
lowrider

I have a 2003 "G" 6MT Coupe.

Mods:
TechnoSquare Crawford Reflash ECU
JWT PopCharger with "Z" Tube
Crawford V4 Plenum
Crawford HiFlow Cats
Crawford Headers
Invidia G200 Dual Exhaust with "H" Pipe
Ground Wires

My Dyno is attached. I'm the Blue Line. The Red Line is a 2005 6MT G35 with the 298HP Motor. His Mods are a "Z" Tube, a K&N Filter, and a 3/8" Motordyne spacer. Three runs each on a 94 degree night in Tucson. Notice how I pull the new engine all the way to 6K RPM. We than stay even to 6.5K, and the '05 only gets me on the very top end because of the new cams, exhaust valve timing and lower plenum.

I miss no torque on the bottom, notice how strong my car is compared to the new engine with the stock exhaust. Maybe my other mods compensate, but I am happy with the Invidia G200 Dual System. And yep, it is quiet at idle, just a nice low pitched gurgle, but at WOT, it roars. The sound is very exotic, not rice at all. I stood behind it while they were running the dyno, and my gosh it certainly wasn't quiet!

About the tips, well, to each his own. I like 'em.

Lou
Attached Thumbnails Swapped Nismo Exhaust to Invidia's New G200-dyno0.jpg   Swapped Nismo Exhaust to Invidia's New G200-h-pipe0.jpg   Swapped Nismo Exhaust to Invidia's New G200-img_side-invidia.jpg   Swapped Nismo Exhaust to Invidia's New G200-rear-invidia0.jpg  

Last edited by lowrider; 07-22-2005 at 11:09 AM.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:14 PM
Diesel350

Originally Posted by lowrider

Mods:

Lou
That's a sweet looking system. What's the pricing like on these?
Old 07-22-2005, 12:42 PM
dank311

How does the G200 sound in comparison to the HKS TD, and the APS systems? Im looking into these systems along with the fujitsubo. I was thinking TD might be better if I go F/I later down the road. I'm looking for a nice exotic tone that is moderately loud. Something along the lines of nismo, maybe a bit louder, but not as loud as the RSR or Topspeed Pro N1. Something that fits nicely is a plus to, b/c I am dropped pretty low and I dont want to scrape on everything.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:11 PM
lowrider

"That's a sweet looking system. What's the pricing like on these?"

The Best Invidia pricing that I know of, is here:

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133494

Lou
Old 07-22-2005, 06:39 PM
jmcmorante

Im not sure if the system is starting to get broken in or what but I felt it more today than yesterday. Im feeling it a lot more at or above 3K RPM instead of 4K RPM. The sound is a bit louder than yesterday buit at idle a lot quieter than NIsmo. I do feel the car to be sliding down the road like its on ice and accelerating more quickly than the Nismo above the 3.5K RPM. I do enjoy that extra push at higer RPMS. What do u guys think a Nismo exhaust Z or an Invidia Z would win in terms of exhaust. I guess the Invidia one since it is true dual. I do miss the noise from the Nismo.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:41 PM
jmcmorante

Originally Posted by lowrider

Mods:
TechnoSquare Crawford Reflash ECU
JWT PopCharger with "Z" Tube
Crawford V4 Plenum
Crawford HiFlow Cats
Crawford Headers
Invidia G200 Dual Exhaust with "H" Pipe
Ground Wires

My Dyno is attached. I'm the Blue Line. The Red Line is a 2005 6MT G35 with the 298HP Motor. His Mods are a "Z" Tube, a K&N Filter, and a 3/8" Motordyne spacer. Three runs each on a 94 degree night in Tucson. Notice how I pull the new engine all the way to 6K RPM. We than stay even to 6.5K, and the '05 only gets me on the very top end because of the new cams, exhaust valve timing and lower plenum.

I miss no torque on the bottom, notice how strong my car is compared to the new engine with the stock exhaust. Maybe my other mods compensate, but I am happy with the Invidia G200 Dual System. And yep, it is quiet at idle, just a nice low pitched gurgle, but at WOT, it roars. The sound is very exotic, not rice at all. I stood behind it while they were running the dyno, and my gosh it certainly wasn't quiet!

About the tips, well, to each his own. I like 'em.

Lou
Is that a custome made H -pipe or aftermarket and what is the benefit of that?
Old 07-22-2005, 07:32 PM
lowrider

I had it welded in (Stainless Steel) by a muffler shop. Advantages:

http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/69238/

I chose an "H" over an "X" due to ease of installation. The "H" balances out the system very nicely.

Lou
Old 09-09-2005, 09:53 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man Lou every Invidia thread I see your on that thread and it only makes me want to install this thing. I just picked this exhaust up but have yet to install this exhaust. I recently had the old invidia but the loud and rasp drove me insane. I can't wait to hear this exhaust in my car...
Old 09-12-2005, 09:52 AM
TimeAttack

There's a dynosheet of the Invidia exhaust over at G35driver forums. Dyno proven to lose HP and torque at low RPM's, but gain at high RPM's. So this confirms jmcmorante's buttdyno on the low end power loss.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:13 AM
g35strongman

I'm curious if the H or X pipe will give me some of the lowend back.

http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66889
Old 09-13-2005, 10:21 AM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IMO Invidia doesn't make any exhaust that's performance oriented - more flash

Quick Reply: Swapped Nismo Exhaust to Invidia's New G200