Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Where are the Crawford Header Before/After Dynos?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 08:52 AM
neffster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where are the Crawford Header Before/After Dynos?

Well, I've got the headers and love 'em. I can DEFINITELY feel the gains but when I did my pre and post dynos I added a JIC Y-Pipe, changed the intake and added heavier wheels and have results that really cannot be compared.

I know there are dynos out there and the search on here, g35driver and "the other 350z forum" aren't doing the trick.

Anyone have a link or a dyno graph to show?
Old 08-17-2005, 09:20 AM
neffster

I'm gonna keep bumpin' this thread until I see a dyno!!!
Old 08-19-2005, 06:43 AM
neffster

is this getting annoying yet? I know someone has got to have something they can share...
Old 08-19-2005, 08:52 AM
Wotnot

Default I have never seen them

I've been doing alot of research on headers lately as I wanted to get a set.

I chose Alphawerks. They had independent dynos. Crawfords are considered to be the best by many here, but they are very expensive, hard to install and for the money, not worth it for me.

Most guys with the Alphawerks are pulling 12-17 hp average with these headers and at $440.00 shipped it was a no brainer.

Good luck
Old 08-21-2005, 05:01 PM
FLFIRE

Good luck Neff! I spent hours on the same issue searching and searching before I made my header purchase. I don't think there are any pre and post dyno's on the Crawfords posted on any site.
Old 08-21-2005, 06:03 PM
lowrider

Gosh Neff

You've seen my Dyno. Not a Before and After - But damn close!

Here it is again

I have a 2003 "G" 6MT Coupe. Blue Line

Mods:
TechnoSquare Crawford Reflash ECU
JWT PopCharger with "Z" Tube
Crawford V4 Plenum
Crawford HiFlow Cats
Crawford Headers
Invidia G200 Dual Exhaust with "H" Pipe
Ground Wires

Other Car is a 2005 "G" 6MT Coupe. Red Line

Mods:
Motordyne 3/8" Spacer
K&N Filter
"Z" Tube
Ground Wires

I don't have the graph of the 2005 without the spacer, but it showed a peak of 242HP.

As you can see - I pull him, buy a lot, in the low and middle ranges, but he catches me @ 6.3K and pulls ahead @ 6.6K. Peak readings - he has me by .4HP and I have him by 7.7 lb ft of torque.

The Crawford package works as evidenced by my Dyno. What part don't you understand? Each car had three runs. The '05, had 6 - 3 without the spacer, and 3 with. All results were consistent. The Crawford Package flat out works

Lou
Attached Thumbnails Where are the Crawford Header Before/After Dynos?-dyno0.jpg  
Old 08-21-2005, 06:26 PM
FLFIRE

Lowrider, thanks for the info.

Wow, that creates more questions than answers. The 20 hp at peak for the Crawford package would mean that your at about 228 without. If the reflash, Z tube and exhaust gave you a conservative 8 hp, that would put you at 220 stock. Somewhat low from what we have seen for an MT. I would think it is more likely that the entire package for the 03 is generating significantly less than 28 hp and the stock numbers on the 03 were more like 235.

Would still love to see a pre and post on the headers to see how much of the 20 hp peak is generated by them. We could also get a good idea of how much the plenum and cats add to the headers in order to make the 20 hp.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:51 AM
neffster

1. Tony, the stock 6MT's dynoed at the first CFL dyno day were all right around 230rwhp. We also showed that G's with the z-tube gained ~5-7rwhp through out most of the rpm range. Don't forget that the 350z has a z-tube so the G's should also have this mod and then gain the +20 at peak. This means that a dyno showing 255-257rwhp is what I'd expect to see.

2. I got this e-mail from BJ at 350EVO this morning...
Todd,

We cannot release dyno numbers as they are done by our engine builder and they will not release them. I can tell you that from the ones we tested..Nismo, Xerd, our first prototype set..... Crawford made better torque. We are currently developing headers that we think will be a better race design...but as of right now ..Crawfords are the best of the shelf headers available for the 350Z and G35.

Cheers
BJ
This means that even the Xerd long tube headers (with built in straight pipes) don't make as much torque as the Crawford Headers!
Old 08-23-2005, 07:26 PM
trinig35

I think most people know Crawford is on top, its the prices that make them shop elsewhere.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:24 PM
ReavTek

Originally Posted by neffster
1. Tony, the stock 6MT's dynoed at the first CFL dyno day were all right around 230rwhp. We also showed that G's with the z-tube gained ~5-7rwhp through out most of the rpm range. Don't forget that the 350z has a z-tube so the G's should also have this mod and then gain the +20 at peak. This means that a dyno showing 255-257rwhp is what I'd expect to see.

2. I got this e-mail from BJ at 350EVO this morning...
Todd,

We cannot release dyno numbers as they are done by our engine builder and they will not release them. I can tell you that from the ones we tested..Nismo, Xerd, our first prototype set..... Crawford made better torque. We are currently developing headers that we think will be a better race design...but as of right now ..Crawfords are the best of the shelf headers available for the 350Z and G35.

Cheers
BJ
This means that even the Xerd long tube headers (with built in straight pipes) don't make as much torque as the Crawford Headers!
I am really looking forward to the 350EVO headers, even though crawford makes plenty of low-mid range torque they choke up top when compared to a properly designed full length race header. I perfer peak hp to mid range so a long tube setup would prove superior. I guess it comes down to what you want. For a street only setup where you want a little more pep driving to work go for crawford. If you like to rev to redline (like me) get a long tube setup.