Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Injen Arrived - SERIOUS concerns, may not install?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2002 | 08:53 PM
ares
Veteran
Premier Member

has anyone dynoed a K&N filter, cause Im not sure when that became a performance increaser. Ive mainly seen them claim mileage increase. not really power. and if so, only power over shitty filters, which the Z does not have. a normal car manufacturer is more than capable of using a quality air filter, K&N does not have some magical filter that no one else knows about.

you do not just miraculously gain hp from something without something else happening. if theyd done cold air they risk stupid people(we know their everywhere, and they all seem to drive cars) getting hydrolock(as rare as it is, you must realize you do have limits) and also the sound. but K&N doesnt change tubing, location, or anything else, just the filter element. it is not a performance enhancer, if it were it would be so minute it would be attributed to dyno error.

anyway. that is all I have to say.

as for short ram intakes, Im getting one, the injen CAI. if I want short ram I can have it. if I know Im going racing, I take an hour or so to remove the bumper and switch it over. however I personally am not worried about hydrolock, so I will keep the CAI on more often, but its personal preference. sure it costs more. owell. whats 100$ on a 34000$ car?
Old 12-22-2002 | 08:25 AM
topeewala

SO WHEN IT ALLLLL BOILS DOWN?

All these conflicting arguments will undeniably augment my decision

INJEN...JWT.......or just wait?

WHATS THE VERDDICT!!?
Old 12-22-2002 | 11:27 AM
CSHFLW

OH man, You will NOT have problems with an intake like this. Even if you did suck up some water, the water would acumilate on the bends in the pipe.

And if Your REALLY worried about it INJEN makes a air filter cover which covers 30-40% of the filter, and it's chrome.
Old 02-11-2003 | 10:20 AM
james westhart

Doesn,t seem to make sense to me. It is just a no brainer to keep the filter away from road debres. I bet that there is very little difference between the short tube and the cai. My real guess is that there is very little difference between the stock filter setup and the dirt/rock vacume air cleaner described.
Old 02-11-2003 | 10:48 AM
Mr Fairlady

Won't hurt it,...INJEN would not have made it to Hydrolock a motor(they would get killed my claims),.now under some circumstances people have-doing dumbshit,..but this is a very safe place for it---better then CAI's on HONDA;s,..they are Real close to the ground under the car noy in front!!! You would have to Drive into a lake Nose first to really Hydrlock where its places!!

heres something!

Think about the water on your hood when its raining---its being pushed by the wind under the little slit in the bunper/hood right into the Stock intake too,..so whats the difference---where INJEn has it will show the most power,..right now power from it is ok,..but once a ECU comes out--double that power!!! I promise!

I'm gonna get it(the New Black Hoses are out now)!!!!

$269 for the Black INjen's now!

Don't sweat it,..if for some reason it did cause Hydrolock--take it off,.put stock back on and tell them it got into the stock one--if they try to say your Lying(which they won't)thats like acussing you off stealing--You can sue the **** out of a Nissan Service guy and own 10 350Z's!

thats what I about did w/ my old acura GSR,..but Supercharger Melted the piston's,..hahahahahah couldn't pull that one off,..they would have known it was either Turbo'd/NO2/or Supercharged!!!
Old 02-12-2003 | 06:42 AM
Mikey996

Default Air Filter Cover

I'm not sure if this will help, but I know dinan cold air intakes for BMW's come with a sock to put over the filter to stop water and debris from being sucked up.
Old 02-12-2003 | 01:06 PM
texci

Default Black Injen

I'm gonna get it(the New Black Hoses are out now)!!!!

Hey Mr. Fairlady, where did you see a black Injen? I would like black a whole lot better, I have the same color car so red or blue would look silly I think.

Thanks