Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Custom dual exhaust with x-pipe.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 04:10 PM
Exhaust Depot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom dual exhaust with x-pipe.

Ill have it finished tomorrow and will take some sound clips if i have the time. Heck, i need to find time to put my greddy TT kit on. I feel like a ricer running around with my FMIC installed.

Its a 2.5" setup with an x-pipe assembly going to 2.5" resonators, perfect setup especialy for a supercharged z.

My dog and CEO Chewy does the x-pipe section:

CEO:

My true dual camaro. :

http://www.can-ocal.com/EXHAUST.htm

My civic with an ARR (Anti Rice Resonator) unit installed. Sounds better than most 4cyl NA ive heard. OH yeah, thats a chick going through the gears.

http://www.can-ocal.com/CIVICEXHAUST.htm
Old 10-05-2005, 04:22 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Is the piping crush bent? Post a sound clip Id like to hear it...
Old 10-05-2005, 04:22 PM
captj3

It looks good but I think the X pipe is going to be to restrictive. I have a stillen exhaust with my TT and I want to get rid of the X pipe. Check out there web site and you'll see what I'm talking about.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:30 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by captj3
It looks good but I think the X pipe is going to be to restrictive. I have a stillen exhaust with my TT and I want to get rid of the X pipe. Check out there web site and you'll see what I'm talking about.
In NA applications an x-pipe wouldnt even cost you 2-3whp so imo not resrictive at all. For a TT Z, then Id say maybe a few horses but nothing you would feel by removing the x-pipe thats just silly to think that.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:30 PM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like the looks of the X pipe...waiting to hear how it sounds
Old 10-05-2005, 04:35 PM
Exhaust Depot

Originally Posted by Alberto
Is the piping crush bent? Post a sound clip Id like to hear it...

Its mandrel bends. This is what Press bent (correct term) piping looks like (my chevy dual setup) http://store1.yimg.com/I/exhaustdepot_1865_10897047
Old 10-05-2005, 04:39 PM
Exhaust Depot

Originally Posted by captj3
The x-pipe supply added TQ to an NA and Supercharged car, especialy at the low end. Heck, the Dodge Magnums factory xpipe provides 5hp alone(my buddy designed its system) ! If you look at the camaro video i have on the first post, you will see a nice setup. I removed his dual 3" ypipe going into a single 3" pipe. I swapped it with my true dual 2.5" setup and his car gained more HP and low end tq. ALso sounds bad *** too.

For a turbo setup you will want to go with straights. WHen i finaly get to installing my TT kit on, ill be removeing the x section. I have experimented with alot of dual setups so chances are that this will sound just like i want it to. If not then ill add another resonator in the midpipes.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:46 PM
captj3

Originally Posted by Alberto
In NA applications an x-pipe wouldnt even cost you 2-3whp so imo not resrictive at all. For a TT Z, then Id say maybe a few horses but nothing you would feel by removing the x-pipe thats just silly to think that.
He's going TT the stillen is 2.5 x 2 into a 3" X pipe.What the picture shows is 2 u-bends with the back partially cut out not even full diameter. Not exactly what I would call free flowing for turbos. By removing the X I will gain approximatly 10hp but the response of the turbos will be better. Also look at APS TD no X or H pipe theirs is probably the least restrictive 2.5" TD.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:11 AM
Low J.
Banned

yup, I have a custom exhaust with the same x-pipe setup. See vid and pics in sig for sounds and look.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:52 AM
Exhaust Depot

Originally Posted by Low J.
yup, I have a custom exhaust with the same x-pipe setup. See vid and pics in sig for sounds and look.
Your pix dont come up.