Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Labree Motorsport High Flow Cat

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 09:10 AM
ZlleH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Labree Motorsport High Flow Cat

I have a chance to buy a used Labree Motorsport High Flow cat that is around 8-10k miles.

I've never even heard of this brand until now. They don't even advertise this product on their site anymore because most people order the resonated downpipes instead of the high flow cats. (that's what the owner told me)

Apparently Labree is well known in the 300zx clubs as being good quality. But I have found very little review on Labree high flow cats in this forum. The only mention of Labree was some post in 2003. Since then nothing.

So if anyone has any Labree High Flow cats on their 350Z, please speak up and help a fellow user decide what to do.

Thank you for your time.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:33 AM
RedLeader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ZlleH-
Brent LaBree builds a quality product. I have his resonated test pipes. Weld quality and fit are excellent.
Suggestion: Shake them and make sure nothing rattles. I had a stock cat fail on my Audi last year and the first telltale was a sound like rocks in a coffee can.

Bruce
Old 10-06-2005, 09:37 AM
ZlleH

The used cat belongs to a fellow forum user so I will not have a chance to shake it before the deal since we are not in the same city. >_<;;

Originally Posted by RedLeader
ZlleH-
Brent LaBree builds a quality product. I have his resonated test pipes. Weld quality and fit are excellent.
Suggestion: Shake them and make sure nothing rattles. I had a stock cat fail on my Audi last year and the first telltale was a sound like rocks in a coffee can.

Bruce
Old 10-06-2005, 06:56 PM
350Zteve

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had the Labree cats for over a year now. They are the nicest cats I've seen yet and the quality is fantastic.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:26 PM
ZlleH

How is the HP gain? Any dyno? Even butt dyno would be better then nothing Basically, I want to know is it worth getting them instad of sticking with stock. If they gain 5 HP, I don't know if that is wirth it.

Originally Posted by 350Zteve
I've had the Labree cats for over a year now. They are the nicest cats I've seen yet and the quality is fantastic.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:47 PM
Exhaust Depot

make sure the cats are well packaged. IF dropped hard the brick can come loose inside.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:09 AM
RedLeader

I forgot to mention, I know a guy(not me of course, that would be illegal), that's running the resonated test pipes and they haven't thrown a single "check engine" code since they've been on the car. I can't address the hp question because I had them installed when I did my TT install.

Good Luck,

Bruce
Old 10-08-2005, 07:50 AM
350Zteve

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ZlleH
How is the HP gain? Any dyno? Even butt dyno would be better then nothing Basically, I want to know is it worth getting them instad of sticking with stock. If they gain 5 HP, I don't know if that is wirth it.
I did not do any dyno test specific to the cats, but they make the most noticable improvement in power that I could feel of all the mods I've done so far.