Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

NEW Kinetix Plenum (not ssv)

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005 | 02:21 PM
pingrr

My new V+ Plenum just arrived. Here are a couple pics fresh out the box. I will be installing it in the morning. I will have installed pics and my opinion of the product by the end of the day.

Old 12-28-2005 | 02:24 PM
theZman

Nice! Looks very similar to my V4.
Old 12-28-2005 | 02:55 PM
davidv

Thanks for the photos. Good looking plenum.
Old 12-28-2005 | 03:01 PM
Fairlady_z33

Lets hope it will come with a nicer finish. Like stainless or i dont know i just want to to shine like the SSV
Old 12-28-2005 | 03:55 PM
Ep3

noice how much if you dont mind? i will be boosting soon and want to change my v4
Old 12-28-2005 | 03:57 PM
ALL_MTR_GTS

same price as the v4
Old 12-28-2005 | 10:48 PM
froggy

Looks like a V4 "small +"
Old 12-29-2005 | 12:01 AM
Ep3

how much can you torque this one down how many foot pounds? is it really that much stronger? do me a favor if you still have your V4 put them nex to eachother n hit them with a hammer tell me witch one brakes first thanks
Joe
Old 12-29-2005 | 06:00 AM
Zivman

I can't believe people are interested in a piece of garbage like this. I just pulled off a V4 off a car and can't even imagine running it on my car. It's freaken plastic, doesn't have proper vacuum fittings for FI (it is supposed to handle up to 15psi of boost), and looks like crap. You guys want to retain your stock engine cover and strut bars. You don't realize, the strut bar most likely will rub, and the engine cover looks like crap as it spaced and stretched out.

Do yourself a favor and run a crawford cast or an APS.

Last edited by Zivman; 12-29-2005 at 06:03 AM.
Old 12-29-2005 | 06:07 AM
theZman

Originally Posted by Zivman
I can't beleive people are interested in a piece of garbage like this. I just pulled off a V4 off a car and can't even imagine running it on my car. It's freaken plastic, doesn't have proper vacuum fittings, and looks like crap. You guys want to retain your stock engine cover and strut bars, but you don't realize, the strut bar most likely will rub, and the engine cover looks like crap as it spaced and stretched out.

Do yourself a favor and run a crawford cast or an APS.

This is just your opinion of course.

I've been running a v4 since it came out (over a year ago) and I haven't had a single problem with it. So what if it's plastic; plastic offers some advantages over the metal stock upper plenum. The v4 (and the new v5) works the same way as the Crawford and APS -- allowing more air to flow to the front two cylinders. It's just a matter of preference as to which one you buy.
Old 12-29-2005 | 06:18 AM
Zivman

Originally Posted by theZman
This is just your opinion of course.

I've been running a v4 since it came out (over a year ago) and I haven't had a single problem with it. So what if it's plastic; plastic offers some advantages over the metal stock upper plenum. The v4 (and the new v5) works the same way as the Crawford and APS -- allowing more air to flow to the front two cylinders. It's just a matter of preference as to which one you buy.
It's not a matter of preference. The kinetix is plastic. The V4 I pulled off was cracked, and you could tell was not sealed properly as the material it was made out of was warped. they have gone through what, 5 revisions of the product????

After seeing the kinetix plenum in person as well as their resonated test pipes, their products are junk compared to their competition.
Old 12-29-2005 | 07:51 AM
slaponte

^^^Troll.

Have had Kinetix products all over my car, including V4 and now SSV. NEVER have had any problem whatsoever. No "rubbing", no warping, no sealing, etc, etc... So you have never had one in your car, but have an opinion... good for you.
Old 12-29-2005 | 08:02 AM
pingrr

Originally Posted by Ep3
noice how much if you dont mind? i will be boosting soon and want to change my v4
300 from Kinetix web site. It has been raining all day. It looks like it won't get installed until tomorrow.
Old 12-29-2005 | 08:10 AM
Zivman

Originally Posted by slaponte
^^^Troll.

Have had Kinetix products all over my car, including V4 and now SSV. NEVER have had any problem whatsoever. No "rubbing", no warping, no sealing, etc, etc... So you have never had one in your car, but have an opinion... good for you.

you think I am a troll. who are you kidding, you buy garbage products from a garbage company and you call me a troll for stating the obvious.

They need 5 revisions on their plenum, have numerous issues with incomplete welds on their test pips and HFC, not to mention fitment issues. They put no R&D into their new SSV plenum which they charge an arm and a leg for, and IMO doesn't even look all that good.

Why anyone would buy kinetix with so many other viable choices out there is beyond me.

Last edited by Zivman; 12-29-2005 at 08:14 AM.
Old 12-29-2005 | 08:19 AM
Zivman

Originally Posted by slaponte
^^^Troll.

I have first hand experience with them. I would not run them on the car based on that. I worked on a car running both the plenum and resonated test pipes. I pulled both of them off the car upon installing a ST setup. obviously the test pipes couldn't go back on. My impression of the test pipes-> the flanges were fine, but the welds were crappy at best.

As far as the plenum goes, a good chunk was cracked off, it is missing the front vacuum line fitting needed for FI, was warped, and the coolant block that sits under the TB intake section was leaking, and the bolts attaching it were loose and rusted.

The owner of the car asked what I wanted to do in terms of the plenum. I told him, I would not reinstall it and to either get a crawford or APS, or bring me an oem plenum.

You tell me, why I would want such a quality piece on my car?

Last edited by Zivman; 12-29-2005 at 08:21 AM.
Old 12-29-2005 | 08:39 AM
ZlleH

Not trying to defend Kineitx since I think I have decided to go with the MD spacer, but a lot of companies have "versions" on their products. They could be publicized version or internal version that crawford only knows about.

As for the version of kinetix, seems the version from v4 to v+ was because they have improved the plastic material to withstand 700whp instead of just 400-500whp. So just because they have another version, that doesn't automatically make it that they are fixing a bug or something, could be an upgrade in material or technology.

On a side note, my friend has had about $8,000 worth of N/A stuff installed on his car and he raves about the V4. no complaints about it from him.

Last edited by ZlleH; 12-29-2005 at 08:44 AM.
Old 12-29-2005 | 09:09 AM
froggy

Less heat soak, less weight but more engine noise. A good product that retains the stock bar. More air for the 2 front cylinders that was the point of getting a plenum, so tell me why the MD spacer doesn't add turbulence since the design gives more air everywhere on the contrary of AAM spacer which work like a plenum. MD best result on sportZmagazine sponsored by...
Old 12-29-2005 | 06:37 PM
Netko350Z

Originally Posted by pingrr
300 from Kinetix web site. It has been raining all day. It looks like it won't get installed until tomorrow.

Well???????
Old 12-30-2005 | 08:55 AM
ZlleH

I just read sports Z mag plenum shootout. I didn't see any mention of someone sponsering the shootout. All cars were volunteers, all plenums/spacers were provided by the company that wanted to participate. There was a special thanks to church garage for "discounted" dyno runs. Where did you get the impression that it was sponsored by someone?

Originally Posted by froggy
Less heat soak, less weight but more engine noise. A good product that retains the stock bar. More air for the 2 front cylinders that was the point of getting a plenum, so tell me why the MD spacer doesn't add turbulence since the design gives more air everywhere on the contrary of AAM spacer which work like a plenum. MD best result on sportZmagazine sponsored by...
Old 12-30-2005 | 10:58 AM
froggy

I'm just ignorant.

Quick Reply: NEW Kinetix Plenum (not ssv)