Sport Z;
Any reasons why you did not test SSV?
They addressed that in the article on page 51:
"customer demand and bad timing got in the way."
Old 12-21-2005, 05:58 AM
LODOSS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xswl0931
The lower plenum used in the mag is the 05 OEM lower plenum, not the MREV. I don't care what it was supposed to do, I'm just reporting what the mag reports based on their dyno results.
hm... so they put a 05 lower plenum on a 06? or a 03-05.. you see the thing is that 03-05 are all the same. unless it is the rev-up version... so don't say OEM... because there are 2 different OEM plenums.

questions is.. the plenum used. was it the non track/06 version or the 300 hp revup lower plenum.. and also what kind of engine was it?? 287 (non-revup) or 300(rev-up)
Old 12-21-2005, 06:37 AM
LOU

Originally Posted by Diesel350
I have one laying around the garage if you want it.
I'll test it out if you are willing to donate!
Old 12-21-2005, 08:13 AM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LouZer
So has no one used both an aftermarket upper plenum or spacer and a rev-up lower plenum on a 03-05 to see what happens?
I've never heard of it being done. But my first guess is that adding an upper plenum mod or spacer to the REVUP lower collector on a 287 engine won't do much if anything. ...I suppose it could be tested for a confirmation.

Last edited by Hydrazine; 12-21-2005 at 08:44 AM.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:36 AM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by throbbing_Zon
So then we don't really know what a lower plenum will do for our '03 & '04 Z's? It's not really all that then?
Jason at performance Nissan did a really good test and write up on the REVUP lower collector. I don't know where its located right now but its definitly here on MY350Z.

If you do a search on it, it will be one of the first post on the subject because Jason tested it long before it was available to the general public.

EDIT:
I'll post ScHel's dyno plot test results of the Sport Z Magazine shoot out this afternoon, but they are currently available for down load on the Motordyne website Dyno page!

http://www.motordyneengineering.com/dynos.asp

Last edited by Hydrazine; 12-21-2005 at 08:43 AM.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:00 AM
Garby

Well....I got my magazine 3 days AFTER I installed my AAM spacer....all I can say is I haven't had any issues with it and the car does feel better throughout the rpm range. So, for me....a pair of thumbs in the air! Actually, Modified Mag did a test with the AAM and got good results both before and after the reflash/tune.
I'm sure, as posted in this thread, that the AAM run was the "glitch" of the test....it happens. I, for one, am very pleased.
My $.02.

Gary
Old 12-21-2005, 10:33 AM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally Posted by paranormal
hey sport z how about a nice article on a 2005 aps tt g35 with the rev up motor and a built motor and utec.. we can test the rev-up mod too.. i know someone who wants to give you guys first dibs..haha
OMG, "first dibs" Are you an old guy like me? Haven't heard that term in many-a-moon.

Article, who knows. Right now, I'm fairly sure we're full for the spring issue. However, something always seems to happen. Please send an email to editor Dave Bexfield at editor@sportzmagazine.com and see if there is any room in the summer issue.

Thanks for asking, we are always looking for good stuff.

Bob
Old 12-21-2005, 12:01 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Question

Not a word here about upper plenums such as Crawford and APS. Are they passé now!
Old 12-21-2005, 12:48 PM
Diesel350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by davidv
Not a word here about upper plenums such as Crawford and APS. Are they passé now!
APS wasn't tested. Crawford did good in the plenum shootout.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:41 PM
xswl0931

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LODOSS
hm... so they put a 05 lower plenum on a 06? or a 03-05.. you see the thing is that 03-05 are all the same. unless it is the rev-up version... so don't say OEM... because there are 2 different OEM plenums.

questions is.. the plenum used. was it the non track/06 version or the 300 hp revup lower plenum.. and also what kind of engine was it?? 287 (non-revup) or 300(rev-up)
Let's clear a few things up, the updated lower plenum is on the 2005 (http://performancenissanparts.com/ca...oducts_id=3328)

They installed it on a 03. Why would they install it on the 06? It has the same plenum! Get the mag if you want any further details.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:33 PM
LODOSS

Let's clear a few things up, the updated lower plenum is on the 2005 (http://performancenissanparts.com/ca...oducts_id=3328)

They installed it on a 03. Why would they install it on the 06? It has the same plenum! Get the mag if you want any further details.
this is why i am a bit confused.. you can't say 05 because the only 05 lower plenum that was updated was the track/anniv model. the cars that have the updated plenums on all the cars are 06's
Old 12-21-2005, 04:07 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Get the mag if you want any further details.
There yah go. We even take MasterCard and Visa.

Bob
Old 12-21-2005, 04:45 PM
devster

Originally Posted by publisher
There yah go. We even take MasterCard and Visa.

Bob
But no American Express! I need my POINTS!!
Old 12-21-2005, 04:49 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally Posted by devster
But no American Express! I need my POINTS!!
AE charges more for their services. Don't know why, but they did when I set up the merchant accounts five years ago. I may check into their fees again next year. They may surprise me.

Bob
Old 12-21-2005, 05:03 PM
GEE PASTA

AE charges more for their services. Don't know why, but they did when I set up the merchant accounts five years ago. I may check into their fees again next year. They may surprise me.

Bob
American express is 3% If you figure out what the other companys are charging you, I bet its more like 5% M/C, Visa are just plain raping people.
They sure have a lot of new fee's this year.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:19 PM
Z BOY

Originally Posted by davidv
if the spacers perform just as well as the plenums but at a much lower cost, why pay more, except for the bling?
i think people are confusing the terms mrev and revup.
is the mrev a modified old-style lower plenum installed on newer cars having the new variable exhaust timing, and if so, how was it modified?
my mag hasn't arrived yet. would someone pretty please post the breakdown of exactly how all the options performed?
Old 12-21-2005, 05:25 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally Posted by GEE PASTA
American express is 3% If you figure out what the other companys are charging you, I bet its more like 5% M/C, Visa are just plain raping people.
They sure have a lot of new fee's this year.
SZM merchant account fees are under 3%. The larger the order (3 year subscription-back issues), the smaller the fees. I will look again at AE and I thank you for your updated information.

BTW, I agree with you regarding the MC and Visa raping. However, there is nothing I can do about it. Mailing costs are going up next month and there is nothing I can do about that either. I ain't easy.

Bob
Old 12-21-2005, 06:32 PM
Nismo 350z

The lower plenum used in the mag is the 05 OEM lower plenum, not the MREV. I don't care what it was supposed to do, I'm just reporting what the mag reports based on their dyno results.
I know that. I have the OEM 05 Track Rev-Up lower plenum on my car, not the MREV. I have heard the MREV is suitable for daily driving on the 05 and 06 Rev-Up motors because it adds TQ across the board but loses a lil HP up top. You were saying the OEM Rev-Up lower plenum is more suitable for daily driving when it makes it power up top, not across the rpm range. If the magazine said that then thats cool with me, but I know that the stock 287 lower plenum is more suitable for daily driving on a 03-05 non Rev-Up motor because of the TQ down low.
Old 12-21-2005, 06:39 PM
Nismo 350z

Originally Posted by LODOSS
this is why i am a bit confused.. you can't say 05 because the only 05 lower plenum that was updated was the track/anniv model. the cars that have the updated plenums on all the cars are 06's
The 05 Track and 6spd. 35th anniversary and all the 06 6spd. manuals come with the REV UP motors and have the redesigned lower plenums which can be put on the 287HP engines to make HP in the upper RPM range.
Old 12-21-2005, 06:51 PM
GEE PASTA

SZM merchant account fees are under 3%. The larger the order (3 year subscription-back issues), the smaller the fees. I will look again at AE and I thank you for your updated information.

BTW, I agree with you regarding the MC and Visa raping. However, there is nothing I can do about it. Mailing costs are going up next month and there is nothing I can do about that either. I ain't easy.

Bob
Bob
When you have the time get hold of me, and I bet with all the companys I deal with everyday. I can set you up with people that make things happen.
I will even help you save on crt. card charges. At no cost to you. SportsZ MAG rocks. Plus, I like DaveO.

Quick Reply: Sport Z Magazine plenum results