Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

SVRTechnology 3" Dual Exhaust Review & Pics!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 10:57 AM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SVRTechnology 3" Dual Exhaust Review & Pics!!!!!

First off, I would like to send a big thank you to Scott from SVRTech from driving all the way down from Portland Oregon to San Diego to help me install this exhaust. Here’s the review…

BACKGROUND:
This exhaust is the first production 3” manifold back dual exhaust from SVRTechnology! It replaced my Injen SES Dual exhaust. The SVRTech exhaust is full stainless and runs from the manifold all the way back eliminating the need for separate test pipes or cats. It also has 4 o2 sensor bungs already welded on it!

INSTALLATION:
The first thing I noticed when we started pulling the pieces of the exhaust out of Scott’s car was the incredible quality and craftsmanship. The welds were perfect and the finish was beautiful. The old exhaust came off in a hurry and piece by piece, the SVRTech exhaust went on. First was the pipes that connect to the manifold. These went on pretty easily, except for one bolt. The top bolt on the driver’s side was a pain. If you had the right size and shape tool it would be a snap, but we only had a few choices to work with. After a little while we finally got a wrench on there and were able to tighten it up. The rest of the exhaust went on with ease and since there is a lot of adjustment engineered into the exhaust, the fitment was 100%.

THE SOUND:
I am completely in love with the tone that this exhaust puts out. It has kind of an exotic metallic tone to it. It is also the deepest tone I have heard on the Z yet, but it doesn’t drone when driving down the highway. Now since my car has no interior or sound deadening my review on the sound from inside the car doesn’t really apply to most 350Z owners lol, but in my car it is very loud (obviously). Hopefully Scott from SVRTechnology can chime in here and give his opinion since his car still has its interior.

THE PERFORMANCE:
This exhaust made a HUGE difference on my car and it hasn’t even been tuned yet. My JWT turbos spool a lot faster and the car is very very noticeably faster. I didn’t get on it too much since the car isn’t tuned with the new exhaust yet, but when I did, I actually startled myself lol. I can’t wait to get the dyno numbers back!

THE LOOKS:
I love the way it looks. When you get it up on a lift and take a look at it the full polished stainless finish looks awesome with those monster 3” tubes. From the ground you can really only see the back section and I love the way that looks as well. The tips are also adjustable and have a 10 degree angle cut on them so you can play with how you want them to sit.

THE PROS:
I absolutely love the quality and thought put into this system. The adjustability is also one of my favorite points as it made the install a lot easier.

THE CONS:
I did have an exhaust tip fall off on the way from Huntington Beach to the Performance Nissan Meet, but Scott said he is going to make some changes to hold the tips in better. I just think we forgot to tighten that one lol. Being that this is the first production exhaust from him, I think he has done an amazing job of working out any and all potential problems.

Here are a few pictures from the back (minus one exhaust tip lol)…

More pictures will be posted as soon as Scott gets them to me and dyno sheets will be here at the end of the week.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:31 PM
overZealous1

hey mike. ya, that exhaust tip was a bummer, luckily i had the extra exaust with me and had an extra tip for ya once i made it to the meet. i really feel since it was 2am when we got to that point, and i had spent roughly 10-12 hours driving just that day, that it must have just gotten over looked, ooops, lol.
still going to make the set screw and nut larger, but i think it just got over looked and wasn't a prob with the design.
going to load those pics now and check the quality. thanks mike.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:34 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Originally Posted by overZealous1
hey mike. ya, that exhaust tip was a bummer, luckily i had the extra exaust with me and had an extra tip for ya once i made it to the meet. i really feel since it was 2am when we got to that point, and i had spent roughly 10-12 hours driving just that day, that it must have just gotten over looked, ooops, lol.
still going to make the set screw and nut larger, but i think it just got over looked and wasn't a prob with the design.
going to load those pics now and check the quality. thanks mike.
Yeah, with how late it was and both of us just arriving from Vegas and Oregon, I am supprised the tip was the only thing we overlooked lol.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:30 PM
overZealous1

these are as good as i could get the pics mike. it is almost impossible to take pics of shiny stuff with just some lights. it makes the cam think it is looking at the sun with the reflection and brings exposure time down. maybe VRT could get some better ones this week during the day with some good ambient light.
yes i was glad to hear most peoples reaction to the exhaust sound was "it sounds like a european V-8". it has that metallic sharpness yet deep in tone. like the lambo and ferarri's.

Last edited by overZealous1; 02-27-2006 at 01:33 PM.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:36 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Thanks Scott! I will ask VRT to snap a few more during the day for you.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:05 AM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

The price for the 3" system will be $1,675.00. SVRTech is also going to start making the same system in 2.5" for the N/A or low boost crowd! They also have wastegate dumps for the Greddy TT kits as well as solid motor mounts!

More pictures are still on the way and I will shoot a sound clip this coming weekend and try and find a way to post it since my computer is broken.

If you want some info on any of their products you can call Scott from SVRTechnologies at (503) 504-1037 or visit their website (which is under construction) at www.SVRTechnologies.com
Old 02-28-2006, 09:21 AM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

And here is a short video made by Scott of SVRTechnologies with the exhaust and his wastegate dumps for the Greddy TT kit....

http://videos.streetfire.net/player....F-FAE6D58C1CDD

Last edited by SinCity350Z; 02-28-2006 at 10:23 AM.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:10 AM
XBS
Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I also saw this exhaust in person, it is AWESOME QUALITY. And i LOVE the way it sounds on Scotts car, ( didnt get a chance to hear yours 350ZNV) Really good product from a good guy. Thanks for the motor mounts!

-George
Old 02-28-2006, 11:14 AM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Is the price the same on the 2.5in model and also i understand theres resonators,correct? is it possible for them to be removable and be replaced with a form of straight pipe?
Old 02-28-2006, 11:18 AM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Originally Posted by Vq.turbo.DremZ
Is the price the same on the 2.5in model and also i understand theres resonators,correct? is it possible for them to be removable and be replaced with a form of straight pipe?
I am not sure of the price on the 2.5" yet. There are resonators and they are a seperate pice of the exhaust system, so you could just not put those on and put a straight pipe in its place very easily.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:25 AM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Originally Posted by XBS
I also saw this exhaust in person, it is AWESOME QUALITY. And i LOVE the way it sounds on Scotts car, ( didnt get a chance to hear yours 350ZNV) Really good product from a good guy. Thanks for the motor mounts!

-George
Mine sounds pretty much the same from the outside. Now from the inside, thats a different story .
Old 02-28-2006, 12:59 PM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

Originally Posted by 350ZNV
I am not sure of the price on the 2.5" yet. There are resonators and they are a seperate pice of the exhaust system, so you could just not put those on and put a straight pipe in its place very easily.
Oh i should have elaborated on that. I was thinking of having 4 set of flanges on both sides of the exhuast, before and after the resonator and have esstentially 2 sets of straight pipe to replace that gap. Also the tips you have on your car, whats the diameter of them?
Old 02-28-2006, 01:30 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Originally Posted by Vq.turbo.DremZ
Oh i should have elaborated on that. I was thinking of having 4 set of flanges on both sides of the exhuast, before and after the resonator and have esstentially 2 sets of straight pipe to replace that gap. Also the tips you have on your car, whats the diameter of them?
Whats your reasoning behind wanting that? The tips are 3.5"
Old 02-28-2006, 02:19 PM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

Just as an option more or less.
Old 02-28-2006, 02:23 PM
failsafe306

Oh boy....after looking at these pics, it doesn't look like this exhaust will bolt up to my new APS 3.5" testpipes

I really wanted this exhaust too.

Scott, is there a way to order this with two-bolt flanges that bolt up to the stock cat exits, to mate up with my APS pipes??
Old 02-28-2006, 02:45 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Originally Posted by failsafe306
Oh boy....after looking at these pics, it doesn't look like this exhaust will bolt up to my new APS 3.5" testpipes

I really wanted this exhaust too.

Scott, is there a way to order this with two-bolt flanges that bolt up to the stock cat exits, to mate up with my APS pipes??
Why don't you just sell your test pipes? You are selling your SFR exhaust anyways, make it a package deal.
Old 02-28-2006, 02:52 PM
XBS
Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

His APS Down pipes bolt to his turbos, which would make its a complete turbo back exhaust while with the SVR one he would need to use the stock APS down pipes, Im sure scott can work something out for you.
Old 02-28-2006, 03:08 PM
failsafe306

Originally Posted by 350ZNV
Why don't you just sell your test pipes? You are selling your SFR exhaust anyways, make it a package deal.
I am selling my test pipes....my 2.5 inchers Actually, I am giving them away to whoever buys the exhaust. The test pipes I'm talking about not fitting with the SVR exhaust are my brand new, haven't arrived yet APS 3.5" bad boys.
Old 02-28-2006, 03:22 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Originally Posted by failsafe306
I am selling my test pipes....my 2.5 inchers Actually, I am giving them away to whoever buys the exhaust. The test pipes I'm talking about not fitting with the SVR exhaust are my brand new, haven't arrived yet APS 3.5" bad boys.
Then by all means, return them.
Old 02-28-2006, 03:43 PM
Zilvia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol....

looks good mike........any vids

Quick Reply: SVRTechnology 3" Dual Exhaust Review & Pics!!!!!