Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Larger MAF housing, Intake pipe and TB installed

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 03:50 AM
ACEMAN
Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tany009
wow this is great aceman, im sooo glad your doing this. i've had my bored TB for a while now and i've been dying to port the plenum neck and increase the size of the maf housing but i just havent got around to it. i really hope you get some gains out of it cause i'll be right behind in line to do this set up. i already have an extra plenum to port the neck, all i need is a bigger housing. i was thinking of doing a complete custom maf housing at a local shop that i know creates these kind of things, they did a larger maf housing for a buddies of mines s4. looks sweet!!!!

Thanks Tany!

I just wish the Holidays did not creep up on me like they did. But they also were good to me

Damn this thread is almost 3 months old

Did you have ProFlow port your throttle body? I wish there was a larger throttle body we could use. Maybe there is, right now thats the bottle neck in my setup.

Later
Todd
Old 12-29-2006, 04:07 AM
ct350z

Originally Posted by aceman
Thanks Tany!

I just wish the Holidays did not creep up on me like they did. But they also were good to me

Damn this thread is almost 3 months old

Did you have ProFlow port your throttle body? I wish there was a larger throttle body we could use. Maybe there is, right now thats the bottle neck in my setup.

Later
Todd
yeah i used proflow. how many mm do they actually port? i want to get a matching intake tube and a matched plenum neck port. i think any bigger sized tb would be an over kill unless your fi.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:15 AM
ACEMAN
Master

yeah i used proflow. how many mm do they actually port? i want to get a matching intake tube and a matched plenum neck port. i think any bigger sized tb would be an over kill unless your fi.
TB========== 2mm oversize at 72mm, with the inlet enlarged to 78mm

I would like to see a 80mm TB. Right now looking at what Proflow does, they are only able to increase the size from 70mm to 72mm. They do enlarge the inlet to 78mm, which acts like a velocity stack. Im sure that does help.

The rest of my setup is atleast 80mm. I would like to see if it would make a difference, but i do agree with you on the FI part.

Later
Todd
Old 12-29-2006, 04:27 AM
ct350z

i heard stories on here of people trying to use q45 tb, i think? i believe those are 80mm tb's. have you ported your plenum neck? did you do it youeself or have it done at a shop?
Old 12-29-2006, 04:52 AM
ACEMAN
Master

i heard stories on here of people trying to use q45 tb, i think? i believe those are 80mm tb's. have you ported your plenum neck? did you do it youeself or have it done at a shop?
Im using the Crawford V5 plenum. It has a larger mouth than the stock plenum.

I will have to do some searching on the Q45 TB's.

Later
Todd
Old 12-29-2006, 05:01 AM
ct350z

sorry to be asking so many questions aceman..lol...last one i promise..hehehe
have you dyno'd your z? just wondering how your numbers compare to mines!!! thanks!!!
Old 12-29-2006, 05:44 AM
ACEMAN
Master

sorry to be asking so many questions aceman..lol...last one i promise..hehehe
have you dyno'd your z? just wondering how your numbers compare to mines!!! thanks!!!
Hey Noprob,

Here is my last dyno, back when i got the UTEC.

https://my350z.com/forum/attachment....5&d=1145286133
Old 12-29-2006, 06:24 AM
Road Warrior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Noprob,

Here is my last dyno, back when i got the UTEC.

https://my350z.com/forum/attachment....5&d=1145286133
aceman,

good to hear from you...did you ever dyno with your current setup when you started the thread a while ago.

sorry if i missed it....i know you did a before dyno but wasn't sure if you had a chance to get the car tuned and redyno'd with your newest setup.

later
Old 12-29-2006, 06:25 AM
ct350z

wow, we are sooo dam close in numbers. good job!!! keep me posted on your progress with the TB mission!!! thanks!!!
Old 12-29-2006, 06:30 AM
ACEMAN
Master

Originally Posted by Road Warrior
aceman,

good to hear from you...did you ever dyno with your current setup when you started the thread a while ago.

sorry if i missed it....i know you did a before dyno but wasn't sure if you had a chance to get the car tuned and redyno'd with your newest setup.

later
Hey Road,

Nope, still havent got my lazy arss to the dyno. Soon, i will though. I will post back in here when it happens.

Been reading about Throttle bodies all day here at work, cant seem to find anything that will work and is larger. Seems like every TB i find is not Drive by wire. The Q45 is 90mm but is not drive by wire.

I will keep researching.

Later
Todd
Old 12-29-2006, 06:31 AM
ACEMAN
Master

wow, we are sooo dam close in numbers. good job!!! keep me posted on your progress with the TB mission!!! thanks!!!
We are close

But i have more TQ

I will keep you guys posted

Later
Todd
Old 12-29-2006, 06:39 AM
ct350z

We are close

But i have more TQ

I will keep you guys posted

Later
Todd
nothing a little tunning wont fix , plus i just got the sun automobile voltage system that is proven to increase tq...hehehe. i going to dyno it soon after i get my oil change, just to see if it did much!!!
Old 12-29-2006, 06:45 AM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hey todd, too bad you arent closer to orlando, i would hook up the dyno time cause i really want to play with this more as well.

i have even considered selling my turbo kit, built motor and all and building a higher compression NA motor that will run ALL DAY with no stupid issues...

maybe even here really soon
Old 12-29-2006, 06:48 AM
ct350z

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
hey todd, too bad you arent closer to orlando, i would hook up the dyno time cause i really want to play with this more as well.

i have even considered selling my turbo kit, built motor and all and building a higher compression NA motor that will run ALL DAY with no stupid issues...

that would be sick audible!!! go for it!!!
Old 12-29-2006, 07:17 AM
ACEMAN
Master

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem

Hey Jeremy,

Its only a short drive for me

You know, as much as i would like to go FI, I just cant at this point. I like the fact that i dont have all the issues that alot of the FI guys go through. Yeah its alot of money for the little gain you get NA, but still no issues after over 4 years of owning my car. And i still love driving it.

I have a block sitting in my garage ready to go with the forged parts and all. Im just not ready for that step

After i get this dynoed, my next step is heads and cams. I hope to try and get that done this coming year. But i have a baby on the way, so we will see.

Later
Todd
Old 12-29-2006, 07:19 AM
ACEMAN
Master

Hey Jeremy,

I see you posted in this thread a while back. Im curious to see what this guy comes up with. He is trying to get the Q45 TB to work on his Titan.

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tita...ody-titan.html

Later
Todd
Old 12-29-2006, 07:53 AM
ZLadie2000
Banned

Hey guys, this is the reason i cant go FI. I cant afford for my car to be down, or for me to need to pay for a build and a rebuild if I need one later. PLus its my daily driver.
I want reliable NA power. And to play around with 100 shot of nitrous when i want speed. I want my Z to last for many many years.

By the way I just got back from GA!! LOVE my 3.5FD rear end!!! Im in the powerband a lot now I love it! Gotta go to the track. Want the UTEC and dyno tune done first though. Jeremy when can you fit me in?
Old 01-27-2007, 04:04 PM
Skrilla

Aceman you are inspirational. Before I slap on my plenum for testing I'm gonna go this route. I think I'll fab MAF housing for 80MM and be ready for future upgrades.

Looks good
Old 01-28-2007, 11:24 AM
ACEMAN
Master

Originally Posted by Skrilla
Aceman you are inspirational. Before I slap on my plenum for testing I'm gonna go this route. I think I'll fab MAF housing for 80MM and be ready for future upgrades.

Looks good
Thanks,

Let me know how it turns out for you.

I still need to get to the dyno. Soon, very soon

Later
Todd
Old 01-28-2007, 11:37 AM
ct350z

come on aceman,what are you waiting for? im dying over here...lol
dying to see what a diffrence its going to make with a bigger mm setup on the dragstrip dyno. good luck.

Quick Reply: Larger MAF housing, Intake pipe and TB installed