Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

hks knock off

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 09:53 AM
NOBI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by m1james@bellsou
my analogy is it's like a breast augmentation. Your **** aren't big enough, get fake ones. everybody seems to like fake ****, why not fake exhaust?
hahahahahahaha! yea quote of the thread. +1 vote
Old 12-16-2006, 11:51 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by m1james@bellsou
my analogy is it's like a breast augmentation. Your **** aren't big enough, get fake ones. everybody seems to like fake ****, why not fake exhaust?

funny

but to add to your "example"

ok get fake **** but are you going to get a fake gel/waterBag to increase the size? or quality real stuff...
Old 12-17-2006, 06:32 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

While waiting for pictures, sound files, and updates, here is a slight distraction.

Here is a picture of a copy/clone of a Zippo lighter, produced by HKS, Japan.
I am sure that it is much inferior to a real Zippo, and anyone who can afford $3.00 and more a pack cigarettes shouldn't purchase a nasty cheap copy of a real Zippo. The welds and materials are obviously crappy and nasty. The hinge welds could break in use, causing you to burn your hand, drop the lighter, and burn down your house and kill your wife, children, family dog, cat, goldfish, house plants. Do not purchase this crap!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HKS-L...mZ300056735393
Attached Thumbnails hks knock off-hks_turbee_lighter-zippo-klone.jpg  

Last edited by gringott; 12-17-2006 at 06:34 AM.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:40 AM
T9000

Anxious for some pics or reviews of the exhaust. Seriously considering buying one in the next couple of days.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:45 AM
ZTUPID

Default Hey man...

Originally Posted by NOBI
it is my feeling if you really cant afford a $1200 HKS exhaust you shouldnt be driving a Z.

NOBI, I know that everyone already beat you up about this, and you clarified a little better... Like the others said, it's just a nissan. It might as well be freakin toyota. I live in the real world, not "socal" and I do the best I can. I am 24 years old, fresh out of the military (and still alive..) and in the past two years I have managed to start a small company from the ground up, buy a nice house for myself in "sw Florida" and even managed to save up enough pennies to get myself a beautiful 350Z. Can I afford a real hks exhaust? Yeah, no problem, but I chose to try out a different product. Would you say that the new Injen exhaust is a knock off of the hks? check it out. anyway, I do the best I can, when I can. Right now It's just a cheap exhaust, test pipes, intake and a few little things. Next year, it's FI, and pretty wheels. All in time. So if I can't afford it, do I deserve it? I could blow all my money on a car that I drive two days a week, or I could invest my money in my business and home, and soon enough I can afford the real-deal jap crap. And besides, before I drove the Z, my project was a 500hp, built engine,alcohol injected, vortech blown BOSS f-150, that whipped lightnings. I sold that to get a z. It took me a few years to build that truck, but it was better than most. In time, the z well be impressive. Most importantly, it's the car that I am in love with. Even bone stock, I love the NIssan 350Z. Isn't that why we are all here? for the love of the Z car?
Old 12-17-2006, 09:47 AM
ZTUPID

Default oh yeah...

sorry for the delay on the pics... digital cam is fried... real soon I swear. and correction... the flanges are 3/8", not 1/4"... I'm surprised nobody jumped on my back about that. so, soon guys.. and the install will be tuesday the 26th.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:16 AM
Abishop

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hurry up with the damn pics! Ive been waiting my whole life to see this damn exhaust!
Old 12-17-2006, 12:40 PM
IIQuickSilverII

hahaah if you have bneen waiting all yoru life, then why not wait a few more months to sve up more and buy the original HKS ?
Old 12-17-2006, 03:16 PM
NOBI

Originally Posted by dcrobfukk
NOBI, I know that everyone already beat you up about this, and you clarified a little better... Like the others said, it's just a nissan. It might as well be freakin toyota. I live in the real world, not "socal" and I do the best I can. I am 24 years old, fresh out of the military (and still alive..) and in the past two years I have managed to start a small company from the ground up, buy a nice house for myself in "sw Florida" and even managed to save up enough pennies to get myself a beautiful 350Z. Can I afford a real hks exhaust? Yeah, no problem, but I chose to try out a different product. Would you say that the new Injen exhaust is a knock off of the hks? check it out. anyway, I do the best I can, when I can. Right now It's just a cheap exhaust, test pipes, intake and a few little things. Next year, it's FI, and pretty wheels. All in time. So if I can't afford it, do I deserve it? I could blow all my money on a car that I drive two days a week, or I could invest my money in my business and home, and soon enough I can afford the real-deal jap crap. And besides, before I drove the Z, my project was a 500hp, built engine,alcohol injected, vortech blown BOSS f-150, that whipped lightnings. I sold that to get a z. It took me a few years to build that truck, but it was better than most. In time, the z well be impressive. Most importantly, it's the car that I am in love with. Even bone stock, I love the NIssan 350Z. Isn't that why we are all here? for the love of the Z car?
first of all, thank you for your service. i dont think enough people thank our vets for making our way of life possible. most people are too busy *****ing about how much they hate war to remember our people on the ground over there and the sacrifices they and their families make. if i had it my way that z would have been free along with whatever exhaust you wanted! you hit the nail on the head with what you said following, if you really wanted it, you could save up and buy it. that was the point i was making however unclear. you sound like you have a very good business sense and i ahve a feeling you will be buying whatever you want in the not to distant future.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:58 PM
RBlover69

the funny part is everyone dynoing this exhuast never gets the claimed hp. Im dying to get a exhuast but whats to say that adding Hiflow cats and A change to the stock y pipe isnt gonna yield me the same or more results then buying this exhuast. I guess its more for the sound. Last time i checked stillen produced the most gains over everyone, yet noone rocks them due to the sound or the weight. I wish there was a exhuast out there that dyno'd true with numerous people getting similar results. and sounded good. HKS from what i seen sounds like sex but is a minute man when it comes to performance . lol. Now only if i can find out what they have in the attked Z so i can seew what exhuast there using. lmao
Old 12-18-2006, 12:34 PM
SergEK

Originally Posted by Diesel350
Umm that's an ACURA not a Honda. Yes, Yes I know same damn company but we are talking about Honda's here not Acura's. If we are talking about Acura NSX vs 350Z then you are right most people will pick the NSX.

I was referring to Honda Civics/Accords. So would you take a Civic over a Z?
OMG The only place in the world where the NSX is an ACURA is here for people like you who even bother with the "branding" aspect of a cars name

The NSX is the HONDA NSX --- pop the hood open and guess what the valve cover says --- Honda Motor Company

How can you compare a 16K car to a 27K+ car in terms of quality? Price is a direct link to quality (usaully at this price level anyway) So to compare them would be silly

Compare the S2000 to a 350z and youll see the Honda is leaps and bounds better in the quality dept ---- materials, reliability, craftsmanship --- its a no brainer and is generally accepted in the car business as common knowledge

My old Civic was faster than my Z and most of my friends Civics are MUCH faster than my 06 Z

As far as quality ---- compared to my Z my old civic had one issue in the five years I owned it --- a manual window regulator I was able to fix myself

My Z in four months has had a faulty window relay, worn leather shift **** and a transmission that refuses to skip gears

Now living back in Cali I had to tone down the Hondas I had so I have a bolt-on Civic with Integra Type R suspension/brakes/wheels ----- the feel in my Z is slightly upscale compared to the Civic but again the civic was less than 15 brand new and is 13 years old....I love my Z but I went into the purchase knowing it was not a luxo car or without faults, it has many but I went ahead anway because I love the looks overall character of the car .....dealing with the weak tranny, the annoying details and the misc window relays comes with the territory....but when it all works together its a fun car to push through the local canyons

As far as choosing the Civic over the Z.....two different cars....depending on my goals and budget I may take the civic....lower overall cost would be a major factor, more forgiving layout would be another....lighter, more responsive

Would it be as sexy as the Z.....depends on the audience but to the casual observer the Z wins hands down everyone agrees there but in the more than 10 years I spent modifying and racing Hondas the civic shape is a timeless reminder for many guys like myself ---- the 92-95 Hatch is a staple for Honda racers and when I see a well done example I am almost willing to sell the Z and get my old hatches back --- but knowing the police are just waiting to pull me over in one, make me want to keep the Z and fly low on the radar

But thats me.....Ive owned 8 Hondas, 6 Civics and 2 Accords....some of them well modded, others stock....4 at one time lol....I am intimately familar with what it takes to make the fast and what happens when they are fast

Compared to my Nissan buddies the Hondas I owned were AK-47 reliable at the track and on the street....if you count reliability as part of your question you cant argue that Nissan is as reliable as Honda, its simply wishful thinking and I would say most tuners know that

A prime example of it that I saw was our friendly Nissan vs Honda battles....my friends Blue Bird swapped Sentra went 11.70s@114 (slicks) and my friends SOHC turbo civic with just a set of vitara pistons, scat rods and a small 57 trim T3/4 went 11.40's@119+.....the civic never blew ---- the sentra was down what seemed like bi-weekly

Fully Built SR20 made 400+whp.... friend could barely make a clean pass without somehthing going wrong ---- Friend's 450+whp Civic --- never a problem save for wheelspin --- that civic now traps 140

In the end they are just cars --- if you think a Z is somehow better, good for you ---- When I see a top mount GT42R packing Civic next to me....I know where my Z stands in the food chain lol....and I wouldnt use the line "well my Z has a better headliner" to ease the pain of 140+traps unleashed on me.....but thats me, I dont know how you react to those things

ON TOPIC

Dyno Figures would be a welcome site for this thread as well as a weld/quality review for those interested in an inexpensive intermediate NA exhaust aka pre FI

Last edited by SergEK; 12-18-2006 at 12:41 PM.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:23 PM
gringott

Wow, there must be some special Civics out there - because here they are S H I T. Somehow, I don't think a 450 whp Civic is a very common vehicle on the road. And if you bought a 350Z to be "stealth" you must be talking about the "fart can muffler" police attractor issue with the Hondas I see. Dude, you are comparing some very highly modified (to say the least) Civics against a stock 350Z. That makes no sense. That is like comparing a Chevy Vega with a 454 to a Z. Long post about nonsense, IMO.

Perhaps you meant that the police assume a person in a Civic with a loud muffler is some idiot kid up to no good, and a person that could afford a 350Z might be slightly more mature?

Last edited by gringott; 12-18-2006 at 01:25 PM.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:32 PM
gringott

Originally Posted by dcrobfukk
NOBI, I know that everyone already beat you up about this, and you clarified a little better... Like the others said, it's just a nissan. It might as well be freakin toyota. I live in the real world, not "socal" and I do the best I can.

No 1, thanks for your service. I spent 20 years in the Infantry, so I know where you are coming from. Plus 1 on the socal thing, they got something weird going on there about car parts.

As a side note, I spend a week in socal last month, I saw tons of 350Zs, but what had me laughing was every single one was bone stock. I never saw even one Z with an exhaust or spoiler or anything. But I saw lots of them. I did see one G35, black, with a body kit, and " S K Y L I N E" and GTR on the trunk lid. I guess all the modded Zs are kept in the garage except for NOPI, HIN and SEMA.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:37 PM
350Z_LEE

Originally Posted by SergEK

Compare the S2000 to a 350z and youll see the Honda is leaps and bounds better in the quality dept ---- materials, reliability, craftsmanship --- its a no brainer and is generally accepted in the car business as common knowledge

My old Civic was faster than my Z and most of my friends Civics are MUCH faster than my 06 Z
It is accepted from the words of a Honda salesman, and viceversa from the mouth of a Nissan salesman I would assume. That is not reliable, that is biased. So no, it is not "accepted and common knowledge in the car buisness"

Secondly, everyone knows it takes a lot of work just to get a civic to run 13's. It's like polishing a tird if you ask me.

+1 on gringott's post about your response being a long post about nonsense.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:41 PM
Diesel350

Originally Posted by SergEK
OMG The only place in the world where the NSX is an ACURA is here for people like you who even bother with the "branding" aspect of a cars name

The NSX is the HONDA NSX --- pop the hood open and guess what the valve cover says --- Honda Motor Company
Why are you even bringing up the NSX? You can't even compare the two. The NSX is in a completely differently league than the Z.
How can you compare a 16K car to a 27K+ car in terms of quality? Price is a direct link to quality (usaully at this price level anyway) So to compare them would be silly
I never brought up quality. If you want quality then Honda is the right choice. If you are looking for performance and looks then the Z is the right choice for most people which was my point in the first place.
Leaps and bounds? LOL All the reliability ratings I've seen show the S2000 is not leaps in bounds above the 350 but almost equal.

Am I supposed to be impressed by that?
My Z in four months has had a faulty window relay, worn leather shift **** and a transmission that refuses to skip gears
You must have a lemon. I've had my 2006 for 20,000 miles and not one single problem.

A prime example of it that I saw was our friendly Nissan vs Honda battles....my friends Blue Bird swapped Sentra went 11.70s@114 (slicks) and my friends SOHC turbo civic with just a set of vitara pistons, scat rods and a small 57 trim T3/4 went 11.40's@119+.....the civic never blew ---- the sentra was down what seemed like bi-weekly

Fully Built SR20 made 400+whp.... friend could barely make a clean pass without somehthing going wrong ---- Friend's 450+whp Civic --- never a problem save for wheelspin --- that civic now traps 140

In the end they are just cars --- if you think a Z is somehow better, good for you ---- When I see a top mount GT42R packing Civic next to me....I know where my Z stands in the food chain lol....and I wouldnt use the line "well my Z has a better headliner" to ease the pain of 140+traps unleashed on me.....but thats me, I dont know how you react to those things
Honestly I could care less about how fast you can make a Civic. Like the guy above said "It's like polishing a turd". I would never own one and if I wanted to make my Z just as fast I could no problem. Yes it may cost more money but this hobby isn't for the cheapos.

Last edited by Diesel350; 12-18-2006 at 01:43 PM.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:41 PM
Abishop

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
hahaah if you have bneen waiting all yoru life, then why not wait a few more months to sve up more and buy the original HKS ?
I have a Greddy Evo2 why would in need this junk of an exhaust? Will someone delete this thread, no pics = No more dumb thread......
Old 12-18-2006, 04:11 PM
IIQuickSilverII

i stoped reading after the first line =]

well i think you are the first person to say the evo2 is better than the Real HKS lol

+1 on having this thread closed... i care less about knock offs
Old 12-18-2006, 06:17 PM
Abishop

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
i stoped reading after the first line =]

well i think you are the first person to say the evo2 is better than the Real HKS lol

+1 on having this thread closed... i care less about knock offs
I'm not saying its better, just personal preference. I know my Evo2 is better then this ebay stuff.....
Old 12-18-2006, 06:55 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by Abishop
....I know my Evo2 is better then this ebay stuff.....

werd
Old 12-18-2006, 07:04 PM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm selling my evo2's to some dude this saturday. Now i'm in the market for an exhaust again. Does anybody have the agency power exhaust for sale? Damn thing is discontinued till march 07'.

Quick Reply: hks knock off