Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

hks knock off

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 04:58 PM
Diesel350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by taurran
"pulling up"... ok.... Cracked cats would be most likely the factor of A) cheap design and crappy welds (kinetix cats), B) The fact that many aftermarket cats do not retain the factory brace that bolts to the bottom of the transmission, and C) A low exhaust on a lowered car that was bottomed out violently in the past. It has nothing to do with the design of the "cat back" exhaust.
These were an issue mainly with the Crawford cats which is a quality piece and the Nismo Exhaust. I think Andy from Performance ended up finding a solution to fix the problem.

That was in reference to other pieces on the market. How can YOU prove that it is NOT a quality piece? You haven't seen it and you're the one already passing judgement upon it. I'm saying that after seeing the actual HKS piece in person, it's possible that this exhaust could have similar or better quality.

If you think that making yourself look like a fool by arguing with me is funny, then so be it.
I never said the knock off wasn't a quality piece. All I said was lets see the pics and reviews and then we can judge from there if it's a quality piece or not but I definitely have my doubts. The only thing I'm arguing with you is how you make idiotic statements about common occurances of issues with HKS. The only issues I've heard of are mainly the vibration issue which I had and is easily fixed and I heard of maybe 1 or 2 people with the Hangar issue. Find me 5 people with major issues like the hangar issue. Oh ya that's right you can't because your making **** up. Go figure.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:22 PM
taurran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Edited due to this thread being worthless and I don't feel like wasting any more time on it. Maybe we'll continue when someone posts up some good pics and sound clips.

As far as you referring to "idiotic" statements, just remember the last time you got owned in the FI forum and ended up threatening to fight me in person. See ya.

Last edited by taurran; 12-13-2006 at 07:45 PM.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:47 PM
Diesel350

Do the search and find them yourself. You're also assuming that everyone that has this problem logs directly on to my350z.com to tell everyone about it. But really, I think we all know who's making "idiotic" statements here. Just like that time you posted in the FI forums, got owned, and wanted to meet up with me in person.

Anyway, this thread is worthless without pics so I won't waste any more time on it.
Hmm ok then we definitely know you are full of ****. We should just all believe you when you say that HKS is a poor quality exhaust and has lots of issues. That's right you are the authority on everything and anything you say must be true. And ya I remember that thread, LOL you were throwing insults at me like a little kid. OMG I never threatened to fight you, LOL I seriously think you like to make **** up. I told you that if you ever disrespected me in my face I'd have something to say about it. If anyone got owned it was you

Last edited by Diesel350; 12-13-2006 at 07:56 PM.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:22 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by Diesel350
Hmm ok then we definitely know you are full of ****. We should just all believe you when you say that HKS is a poor quality exhaust and has lots of issues. That's right you are the authority on everything and anything you say must be true. And ya I remember that thread, LOL you were throwing insults at me like a little kid. OMG I never threatened to fight you, LOL I seriously think you like to make **** up. I told you that if you ever disrespected me in my face I'd have something to say about it. If anyone got owned it was you
This all goes back to personal preference. I still maintain that I'd never buy the HKS setup because it sounds like a fart can. I also maintain that the quality of the piece is sub-par in relation to the price you pay for it.

You're referring to this thread in which you stated that supras, evos, and STi's have "hardly ever" blown motors, in which everyone seemed to agree was an "idiotic" statement:

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/206014-blew-motor-with-turbonetics-s-t-8.html

That's the extent of the searching I'll do tonight, if you'd like for me to prepare a written report regarding the occurances of problems with the HKS exhaust, you're not going to get it. I've wasted enough time with this thread.

Get some pics up and let people make their own choice.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:30 PM
rocks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread needs to die. My chinese exhaust is working ok besides the crappy gaskets that blew out, so i have to change them to solid metal ones not that preforated crap that comes with them. Have a small crack in a weld too but that can be fixed easy, my nismo knockoff sounds pretty good. To bad mandrel benders cost to much or i would buy myself one to make my own exhaust.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:25 AM
MasterRacer

Chill out ladies lol whats with the pissing contest?
jeez lol just wait for pics and sound clips we are
all eager n shizzle!
Old 12-14-2006, 05:27 AM
Diesel350

This all goes back to personal preference. I still maintain that I'd never buy the HKS setup because it sounds like a fart can. I also maintain that the quality of the piece is sub-par in relation to the price you pay for it.

You're referring to this thread in which you stated that supras, evos, and STi's have "hardly ever" blown motors, in which everyone seemed to agree was an "idiotic" statement:

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=206014&page=8

That's the extent of the searching I'll do tonight, if you'd like for me to prepare a written report regarding the occurances of problems with the HKS exhaust, you're not going to get it. I've wasted enough time with this thread.

Get some pics up and let people make their own choice.
Uhh ok I'm done arguing with someone that makes up **** all the time and makes completely idiotic statements.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:21 AM
taurran

Originally Posted by Diesel350
Uhh ok I'm done arguing with someone that makes up **** all the time and makes completely idiotic statements.
Keep telling yourself that.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:21 AM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Why don't we have these damn pics yet? Don't members have cameras?
Old 12-14-2006, 09:37 AM
SnoDog

Originally Posted by MasterRacer
Chill out ladies lol whats with the pissing contest?
jeez lol just wait for pics and sound clips we are
all eager n shizzle!
+1
Old 12-14-2006, 09:40 AM
Joey47

where are the pictures. and who created this thread and didnt post pictures.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:50 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by dvo
i actually like the way this one sounds. i'm not too big a fan of the way the hks one sounds either.

btw, i've always wondered what thos chambers are connected to the actual muffler? anyone know?

i actually even wonder if this is the sound of that exhaust.. its hard to see the burned thips on the video where the sound is... and it still coudl be an hks witha different combinatiosn of test pipes and headers that might make it sound different than the hks soudn we are used to it...to many ifs....
if you were that desperate fro dual burn tips then get somethign real...id take the new Injen TI exhuast over this one any time
Old 12-14-2006, 09:50 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by 97supratt
Why don't we have these damn pics yet? Don't members have cameras?

hav eyou checked the ebay auction link
Old 12-14-2006, 10:33 AM
97supratt

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
hav eyou checked the ebay auction link
We want pics from a member not a ebay auction. We also want sound clips from a member not a ebay auction.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:21 AM
IIQuickSilverII

i agree soryr i didn't write more but my point was to point at the pics in teh acution, whihc 1st look to real to be true, doens't show the quality of the piping or welds, and the soudn witha video doesn't even prove its an hks l or hks like exhaust...honestly the sound its 70% close tot he veilside

which leads me once again to call bs on it

a friend on mine showed me that not long ago and i quickly told him to stay with real parts... specially since he has goals of going Fi in the future, do it right from the begining
Old 12-14-2006, 11:24 AM
97supratt

Yeah thats why I wanted a forum member to post their results with fitment, sounds, flaws, pics, etc.

So where are the pics and vids?
Old 12-14-2006, 12:33 PM
ZTUPID

Default Fed Ex dropped it off last night..

The box came in last night. Fed ex was dicking me around for a few days, as they were trying to deliver when I was at work, and they would'nt let me come pick it up. When the box did come, it looked like they ran it over a few times with a fork lift. ALso a nice hole ripped in the side of the box. Nothing fell out. The setup was otherwise packed pretty well. the box was thick and reinforced with straps, and everything was wrapped up with lots of bubble wrap and tape. The only damage was a little scratch on the burnt part of the tip, and a small dent on the canister towards the h-pipe. I called them up and told them how it looked and they are sending me new tips, and I told them that the dent was allright... Not worth shipping it back and playing the waiting game again. Sooo other than that, lets get into the first impression. I inspected each piece with a close eye on every weld and seam. It all looked very solid and well put together. I'm not sure of the exact gauge of the ss piping, but it is pretty heavy stuff. The surface is nicely polished to a chrome finish. The hangers are strong and welded very secure. The flanges are 1/4" thick, heavy steel and all the angles line up perfectly. (the exhaust is laid out and bolted together on my livingroom floor). Well, I gotta run for now, and there's not much more I can say about the appearence, but I will take pics tonight and get some good closeups. Look for them tomorow. It will be installed next week. Sorry for the wait. Let me know if you guys have any questions so far. Later.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:01 PM
Ghost_shift

Talking

Originally Posted by dcrobfukk
The box came in last night. Fed ex was dicking me around for a few days, as they were trying to deliver when I was at work, and they would'nt let me come pick it up. When the box did come, it looked like they ran it over a few times with a fork lift. ALso a nice hole ripped in the side of the box. Nothing fell out. The setup was otherwise packed pretty well. the box was thick and reinforced with straps, and everything was wrapped up with lots of bubble wrap and tape. The only damage was a little scratch on the burnt part of the tip, and a small dent on the canister towards the h-pipe. I called them up and told them how it looked and they are sending me new tips, and I told them that the dent was allright... Not worth shipping it back and playing the waiting game again. Sooo other than that, lets get into the first impression. I inspected each piece with a close eye on every weld and seam. It all looked very solid and well put together. I'm not sure of the exact gauge of the ss piping, but it is pretty heavy stuff. The surface is nicely polished to a chrome finish. The hangers are strong and welded very secure. The flanges are 1/4" thick, heavy steel and all the angles line up perfectly. (the exhaust is laid out and bolted together on my livingroom floor). Well, I gotta run for now, and there's not much more I can say about the appearence, but I will take pics tonight and get some good closeups. Look for them tomorow. It will be installed next week. Sorry for the wait. Let me know if you guys have any questions so far. Later.
That is GREAT news so far!!!! Thanks for the update!
Old 12-14-2006, 01:32 PM
NOBI

it is my feeling if you really cant afford a $1200 HKS exhaust you shouldnt be driving a Z.

Last edited by NOBI; 12-14-2006 at 01:34 PM.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:32 PM
97supratt

Originally Posted by Ghost_shift
That is GREAT news so far!!!! Thanks for the update!
G...Great. We still need pics, vids, and sounds.

Quick Reply: hks knock off