Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

hks knock off

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 04:22 PM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gringott
Question 1: Self-depreciating humor. Perhaps I should have a picture of the Lotus I used to own? No, I used to own it. Someone else has it now. I have moved on.

Question 2: Yes. It sucks and it is ugly. Not my idea of a badass car.

Question 3: Buy whatever you like. Just wondered why you can't let go of the past. j/k

Back to your regularly scheduled picture and sound file requests.
So why do you live in kentucky? Do you really like horses from the kentucky derby and their various counterparts? Let go of the beastiality man.

Or do you really enjoy moonshine in the evening?
Old 12-06-2006, 04:30 PM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 97supratt
So why do you live in kentucky? Do you really like horses from the kentucky derby and their various counterparts? Let go of the beastiality man.

Or do you really enjoy moonshine in the evening?
Question 1: The Army stationed me here. Don't care one way or the other about horses. I don't do horses or any other animals, and since you brought up sex - I'm not gay like you - although there is nothing wrong with that.

Question 2: Rarely drink, when I do, usually a beer or a shot of Jack. I have had moonshine, too harsh for me personally.

Again, back to the regularly scheduled sound file and picture request.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:15 PM
97supratt

Originally Posted by gringott
Question 1: I'm not gay like you - although there is nothing wrong with that. .
I'm as straight as that baseball bat up your a$$.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:22 AM
ZTUPID

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lol

chill out guys.... save the gay bashing for the kid driving the srt-4. It's just a cheap exhaust, but for 500 bucks, its a great value. I will let you all know how bad it sucks, or how great it is, as soon as i get it. Fit, finish, sound, and all. play nice kids.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:34 PM
k3silk

hope all is well. cause if it is good they will be sold out.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:00 PM
emtae

Originally Posted by Ghost_shift
I tried to email the guy who won the exhaust to see if he could get us some pics/vids of his setup. Anyone else want to try????

If it looks/fits/sounds good, then why not buy it??

Heck, Im considering it myself. Im not out to race my car. I just like the looks of it.
I checked the sellers feedback and the winner of the auction hasn't left any yet.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:19 PM
Changvi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I seriously think people should not take other people's opinion seriously as they are just opinions. Arguing over who is right and who isn't seems childish to me. Lets just keep this thread on the right course so we can decide for ourselves.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:37 PM
bofa

Good lord there are some long posts on here...

Gringott, I do wonder about your avatar and since it came up.. doesn't the writing on the mirror say "objects in mirror appear to be losing"? But then the image shown is of the driver himself (that you?).... the 350Z driver is losing?
Old 12-11-2006, 07:36 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by Diesel350
Wow you need your ears checked. That sounds terrible. You probably don't like the way Ferrari's sound
I'd say the same for you. Apparently you don't understand the concept of personal preference. I think the HKS exhaust sounds tinny and high pitched, and lacks *****.

The last time I heard an F430 at WOT I thought it sounded like an expensive fart can honda (no lies). The Enzo definitely sounded sweet though.

Don't be mad and cry to me cause I think your $1700 exhaust sounds bad. It's my preference.

Oh, and if anyone wants to see "quality" HKS welds, I can get some nice pics of my friends Ryans', which looks like it was welded by a 9 yr old girl.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:33 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by bofa
Good lord there are some long posts on here...

Gringott, I do wonder about your avatar and since it came up.. doesn't the writing on the mirror say "objects in mirror appear to be losing"? But then the image shown is of the driver himself (that you?).... the 350Z driver is losing?
Me, in particular. It's called "self-depreciating" humor.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:21 AM
Diesel350

Originally Posted by taurran
I'd say the same for you. Apparently you don't understand the concept of personal preference. I think the HKS exhaust sounds tinny and high pitched, and lacks *****.
Of course it's your personal preference. I didn't say otherwise. I'm sorry that you like to hear rice

The last time I heard an F430 at WOT I thought it sounded like an expensive fart can honda (no lies). The Enzo definitely sounded sweet though.
F430 sounding like a fart can honda? LOL Now I know you are seriously exaggerating, that is just silly. The F430 is music to my ears and most people's ears. I don't know where you get fart can honda noise from because I definitely don't hear it.
F430
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCWPPBvD_Ac

Honda Fart Can
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkkv1L4V0Z4

Don't be mad and cry to me cause I think your $1700 exhaust sounds bad. It's my preference.
Not mad one bit. I just think it's funny. We will just have to agree to disagree that you don't like the HKS exhaust sound and I do.
Oh, and if anyone wants to see "quality" HKS welds, I can get some nice pics of my friends Ryans', which looks like it was welded by a 9 yr old girl.
And of course in your last sentence you have to trash the HKS. How funny.

Last edited by Diesel350; 12-12-2006 at 11:38 AM.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:47 PM
Ghost_shift

Of course it's your personal preference. I didn't say otherwise. I'm sorry that you like to hear rice

F430 sounding like a fart can honda? LOL Now I know you are seriously exaggerating, that is just silly. The F430 is music to my ears and most people's ears. I don't know where you get fart can honda noise from because I definitely don't hear it.
F430
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCWPPBvD_Ac

Honda Fart Can
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkkv1L4V0Z4

Not mad one bit. I just think it's funny. We will just have to agree to disagree that you don't like the HKS exhaust sound and I do.

And of course in your last sentence you have to trash the HKS. How funny.

You know whats funny. How everyone in here gets all antsy about someone getting something other than "Name Brand" **** for their cars,lol.

You all talk about Honda's like they are slime and crap compared to our great cars,lol. My RSX can pretty much destroy any Z here that isnt making over 400hp, and the engine's internals are BONE STOCK.

You guys love comparing the Z to Ferrari, and Porche, but you fail to see it for what it is.

I see it like this. Get the exhaust, if its good then good for you. If it sucks but you want the looks, then good for you, if it sucks and looks horrid, then oh well now you know.
Get over yourselvs people its just an exhaust that is going on a Nissan. If you want to spend millions of dollars then why buy HKS when you can buy Project MU brake kit (4-5gs), Or while we are in the exhaust deal, get a Fugitsubo super TI exhaust for about 3gs. Then your a ****in baller JDM *****.

No? why because its too expensive??? But its real 100% titanum, not just the tips. Why get HKS when its a ricer exhaust copying the Titanium looks???

Get a life people!

Last edited by Ghost_shift; 12-12-2006 at 12:50 PM.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:11 PM
3FITTTY

Originally Posted by norapat01
if a person can't afford a HKS, then don't get HKS!! This kindda thing is pissing me off. When many people spend 15K + for an authentic HKS, this f#cker company copied it and sell for 1/2 the price. Now, many people who see real HKS gonna thing it the fake stuff 'cause HKS didn't even put their logo on the Dual-Ti exhaust for the Z.

What's the point of pretending that you have something that you couldn't? These kindda people turn something exclusive into some cheap@$$ piece of junk. I the same like put it a Ferrari F355 kit on a MR2 and pretend that you are driving a Ferrari.

Give me a break, If you can afford expensive part to mod your Z, then buy a Civic. Z is top of the line model for Nissan, of course parts to mod it gonna be more for this kind of model. You want cheaper part, please, go buy a f#cking Civic or RSX.
The Z is not a freakin lambo, if someone wants an exhaust that looks like the HKS but cant afford, why the hell would you care if they got the "ebay" one?
Old 12-12-2006, 01:50 PM
Ghost_shift

Default Real HKS exhaust sound..

No excuses for these sound bytes. The real HKS sounds like 2 fart cans.

Sound Clips (courtesy of froggy)
http://350z.civichatch.com/startup.wmv
http://350z.civichatch.com/driveby1.wmv
http://350z.civichatch.com/driveby2.wmv
http://350z.civichatch.com/driving1.wmv
http://350z.civichatch.com/driving2.wmv
Old 12-12-2006, 02:04 PM
Diesel350

On video it does sound like a fart can but you need to listen to it in person because it does not sound like that at all. You really cant judge the sound of an exhaust until you have heard it in person. We have talked about this topic dozens of times.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:10 PM
Diesel350

You know whats funny. How everyone in here gets all antsy about someone getting something other than "Name Brand" **** for their cars,lol.

You all talk about Honda's like they are slime and crap compared to our great cars,lol.
I think anyone would rather have a Z than a Honda. Gimme a break
My RSX can pretty much destroy any Z here that isnt making over 400hp, and the engine's internals are BONE STOCK.
Do you want a cookie?

You guys love comparing the Z to Ferrari, and Porche, but you fail to see it for what it is.
Not sure where you are getting this from? You must be talking about someone else
Old 12-12-2006, 02:27 PM
SergEK

Originally Posted by norapat01
same point here, didn't say Honda people buying cheap parts, i mean that honda parts are generally cheaper: Exhaust, intake, aero part, for example.
Apples to Apples its going to be the same ---- the Z duals use TWO canisters so the price is naturally higher simply because of the raw material cost -- not quality

Check out some custom Honda stuff --- you want to talk $$$ 12-1500 for ONE header .....try buying a Genuine Top Fuel 3" for an EG hatch sometime

Using "go buy a Honda" is stupid

They are generally cheaper because of engine layout and number of cyls but often times cost more apples to apples

Hell back in the day I paid 525 for a Greddy SS single canister exhaust for my Hatch.....many Z owners still think thats too expensive for their Z's ---- add another to make it dual and 1150 for a dual setup is what Z owners are whinning about

You can get a 2.5" catback that makes more power and is cheaper than the mass produced stuff from places like K Teller.com ......but it wont be name brand and it wont be carb legal (as if Z owners have alot of choices) so....

Welding quality and overall construction will be a big deciding factor for my Z exhaust purchase.....the HKS is high quality and makes power --- for 12-1300 its not a bad deal at all when you factor in the craftsmanship

If you dont care about sound quality and just want to make pure power I am sure you could most likely make an exhaust for less to accomplish that --- it wont look as nice and may not sound as nice but it will make power

Different strokes for different folks......this exhaust if it does make power, will be for those who chose the latter option ---- power over everything else

If someone bought a Ti exhaust for 2200 vs this exhaust + plennum + thermal spacer- --- who will make more power?

I hate knockoffs --- but if the quality is similar for less money, most tuners would rather make more power than worry about the name brand on their mods ---- having an HKS exhaust wont buy you an excuse for losing right?

My thoughts anyway.....
Old 12-12-2006, 02:38 PM
SergEK

Do you want a cookie?

Not sure where you are getting this from? You must be talking about someone else
Maybe in your dream world

I would take a 2005 NSX over a Z anyday of the week and twice on Sundays

Hondas are above Nissan in every aspect of quality --- the only weakness Honda has is their extreme view on efficiency and keepign engine size as small as possible for a given application

If an S2000 was powered by a 3+L Honda motor the Z would be an afterthought to most people on this board- ---- but given its only equipped with a 2.0L its a different animal than the larger bore Z

I miss my old Hondas and I have no illusions about my Z's quality --- its nowhere near Honda quality but the interior volume, powerband and shape as well as price went a long way towards not fussing over the small annoying nissan details

Jump in an NSX sometime, youll see.....hell even an S2000....row through the gears and the notchy rubber feeling Z shifter will leave you a little annoyed after shifting the rifle bolt shifter the Honda has
Old 12-12-2006, 02:41 PM
Ghost_shift

Do you want a cookie?

Yea I see your very self centered. Thanks for proving yourself the typical "im better than you" dip s...h...i...t.

Last edited by Ghost_shift; 12-12-2006 at 02:50 PM.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:56 PM
97supratt

Originally Posted by SergEK
Maybe in your dream world

I would take a 2005 NSX over a Z anyday of the week and twice on Sundays

Hondas are above Nissan in every aspect of quality --- the only weakness Honda has is their extreme view on efficiency and keepign engine size as small as possible for a given application

If an S2000 was powered by a 3+L Honda motor the Z would be an afterthought to most people on this board- ---- but given its only equipped with a 2.0L its a different animal than the larger bore Z

I miss my old Hondas and I have no illusions about my Z's quality --- its nowhere near Honda quality but the interior volume, powerband and shape as well as price went a long way towards not fussing over the small annoying nissan details

Jump in an NSX sometime, youll see.....hell even an S2000....row through the gears and the notchy rubber feeling Z shifter will leave you a little annoyed after shifting the rifle bolt shifter the Honda has

+1 on the NSX, but not every honda is that great. S2k's are awesome but they need two things; 1) more torque and 2) more room for guys my size to fit in (6'3 and above).

Quick Reply: hks knock off