Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

hks knock off

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 05:17 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GReddySetGO
^ How much you geting the AGP exhaust for?
pfft agp, im getting a new set of PCI Express exhausts soon.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:23 PM
GReddySetGO
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hahhah, good one. I think only the computer nerds got that one
Old 12-20-2006, 08:11 PM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by dcrobfukk
The exhaust is still sitting on my floor, untouched since I got it. My digital camera is fried, and unless someone wants to buy me one for christmas, shut up and wait. I will get pics up as soon as I can. Otherwise, find something else to complain about.
Gosh darn replica cameras!!!

Don't mind the haters, take your time.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:23 PM
chris'smax

pics have been posted of the exhaust in my thread
Old 12-21-2006, 06:48 AM
infamous350

wasnt this thread about the replica hks exhaust loli jsut read this crap for notin to here some guy whining about how great those cheap civics are lol yeh my freind has a 94 hatch with a 2000 b18cr and a gredd turbo running 14lbs with lsd with hks blow off valve. Guess what i take him by 1 car and a half every time from 1st gear rolls and guess what his car is really fast when ur in it and he floors it the car feels like it cant handle it the door panels shake the whole dashboard and feels like its slowly falling apart lol
Old 12-21-2006, 09:48 AM
charlie_rdstr_Z

Originally Posted by SergEK
OMG The only place in the world where the NSX is an ACURA is here for people like you who even bother with the "branding" aspect of a cars name

The NSX is the HONDA NSX --- pop the hood open and guess what the valve cover says --- Honda Motor Company

How can you compare a 16K car to a 27K+ car in terms of quality? Price is a direct link to quality (usaully at this price level anyway) So to compare them would be silly

Compare the S2000 to a 350z and youll see the Honda is leaps and bounds better in the quality dept ---- materials, reliability, craftsmanship --- its a no brainer and is generally accepted in the car business as common knowledge

My old Civic was faster than my Z and most of my friends Civics are MUCH faster than my 06 Z

As far as quality ---- compared to my Z my old civic had one issue in the five years I owned it --- a manual window regulator I was able to fix myself

My Z in four months has had a faulty window relay, worn leather shift **** and a transmission that refuses to skip gears

Now living back in Cali I had to tone down the Hondas I had so I have a bolt-on Civic with Integra Type R suspension/brakes/wheels ----- the feel in my Z is slightly upscale compared to the Civic but again the civic was less than 15 brand new and is 13 years old....I love my Z but I went into the purchase knowing it was not a luxo car or without faults, it has many but I went ahead anway because I love the looks overall character of the car .....dealing with the weak tranny, the annoying details and the misc window relays comes with the territory....but when it all works together its a fun car to push through the local canyons

As far as choosing the Civic over the Z.....two different cars....depending on my goals and budget I may take the civic....lower overall cost would be a major factor, more forgiving layout would be another....lighter, more responsive

Would it be as sexy as the Z.....depends on the audience but to the casual observer the Z wins hands down everyone agrees there but in the more than 10 years I spent modifying and racing Hondas the civic shape is a timeless reminder for many guys like myself ---- the 92-95 Hatch is a staple for Honda racers and when I see a well done example I am almost willing to sell the Z and get my old hatches back --- but knowing the police are just waiting to pull me over in one, make me want to keep the Z and fly low on the radar

But thats me.....Ive owned 8 Hondas, 6 Civics and 2 Accords....some of them well modded, others stock....4 at one time lol....I am intimately familar with what it takes to make the fast and what happens when they are fast

Compared to my Nissan buddies the Hondas I owned were AK-47 reliable at the track and on the street....if you count reliability as part of your question you cant argue that Nissan is as reliable as Honda, its simply wishful thinking and I would say most tuners know that

A prime example of it that I saw was our friendly Nissan vs Honda battles....my friends Blue Bird swapped Sentra went 11.70s@114 (slicks) and my friends SOHC turbo civic with just a set of vitara pistons, scat rods and a small 57 trim T3/4 went 11.40's@119+.....the civic never blew ---- the sentra was down what seemed like bi-weekly

Fully Built SR20 made 400+whp.... friend could barely make a clean pass without somehthing going wrong ---- Friend's 450+whp Civic --- never a problem save for wheelspin --- that civic now traps 140

In the end they are just cars --- if you think a Z is somehow better, good for you ---- When I see a top mount GT42R packing Civic next to me....I know where my Z stands in the food chain lol....and I wouldnt use the line "well my Z has a better headliner" to ease the pain of 140+traps unleashed on me.....but thats me, I dont know how you react to those things

ON TOPIC

Dyno Figures would be a welcome site for this thread as well as a weld/quality review for those interested in an inexpensive intermediate NA exhaust aka pre FI
Wow what a tool. No one cares how fast your Honda was and if I can recall correctly all the Honda's were so freaking slow in the mid 90s at the street races in Riverside off Etiwanda because I was there although I acknowledge you are special. All the V8 guys use to meet up, along with the LS1s,LT1s, TPIs and 5.0s, then the highend import crowd Supras, 300ZXTT and RX7s practicallly stock then the lame Honda crowd came with there slow a$$ cars and retarded racing crews. Back then Hondas were considered fast if you were in the mid 15s and that was about as fast as they would get. It was so pathetic back then with 4 banger Accord with clear corners and air filter racing Civics with stock motors and a NOS setup poorly tuned by JG dynamics. I know all about the weak scene cause in the late 90s they started doing Integra LS swaps which turned their 16 second civic into a low 15 second car and then all the thievery of Honda parts became rampant as well as the drinking and potsmoking at the street races. Then came the cops busting everyone and later on putting baracades and then later on towing cars then now crushing cars.

If you love Honda so much why didn't you get an s2k or did a smarter salesman outwith you.

Big deal you had 4 Hondas worth about 1 Z total.

Everyone knows as the Civic gets to be faster than a Z the less reliable and I can dig up threads of statements here.

This may be your most retarded statement.
Originally Posted by SergEK
Would it be as sexy as the Z.....depends on the audience but to the casual observer the Z wins hands down everyone agrees there but in the more than 10 years I spent modifying and racing Hondas the civic shape is a timeless reminder for many guys like myself
I think you honestly believe in your own lies and that is how you live with yourself as a car salesman.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:54 AM
charlie_rdstr_Z

Originally Posted by gringott
Wow, there must be some special Civics out there - because here they are S H I T. Somehow, I don't think a 450 whp Civic is a very common vehicle on the road. And if you bought a 350Z to be "stealth" you must be talking about the "fart can muffler" police attractor issue with the Hondas I see. Dude, you are comparing some very highly modified (to say the least) Civics against a stock 350Z. That makes no sense. That is like comparing a Chevy Vega with a 454 to a Z. Long post about nonsense, IMO.

Perhaps you meant that the police assume a person in a Civic with a loud muffler is some idiot kid up to no good, and a person that could afford a 350Z might be slightly more mature?
Believe me 99.9999 percent are slow. I live in the town where Honda's became a rice-con (ricer icon) near Dr. Charles and my friends know him. The last 5 years of rice hunting I have never encountered one fast Honda in my mid 13 second 4 door grocery getter Pontiac or my ZR. The only fast ones I've seen at the track ran a 13.3 at LACR high elevation track and this thing was a trailer queen full roll cage and slicks.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:08 PM
chris'smax

Originally Posted by charlie_rdstr_Z
Believe me 99.9999 percent are slow. I live in the town where Honda's became a rice-con (ricer icon) near Dr. Charles and my friends know him. The last 5 years of rice hunting I have never encountered one fast Honda in my mid 13 second 4 door grocery getter Pontiac or my ZR. The only fast ones I've seen at the track ran a 13.3 at LACR high elevation track and this thing was a trailer queen full roll cage and slicks.

I hate to say it but most of the faster imports in baton rouge are street driven gutted turbo'd civic hatchbacks that run 11's
Old 12-21-2006, 06:05 PM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually this guy I know "arthur", had a fast hatch. He had a B20/vtec fully built with ITB's. His hatch ran a 11.8 at LACR with lightweight hood, bumpers, and fenders.

Other than that, I remember racing this one guy named "Dan" who had a 13 second hatch (B18C5 motor fully built) with my supra and he actually kept up.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:00 PM
charlie_rdstr_Z

Originally Posted by 97supratt
Actually this guy I know "arthur", had a fast hatch. He had a B20/vtec fully built with ITB's. His hatch ran a 11.8 at LACR with lightweight hood, bumpers, and fenders.

Other than that, I remember racing this one guy named "Dan" who had a 13 second hatch (B18C5 motor fully built) with my supra and he actually kept up.
Don't forget arthur had slicks and wheelie bars cause he's not getting off the hole that easily especially at LACR.

Dan poured lots of money on a econobox to prove to people he wasn't college educated, the poor bastard. JP
Old 12-21-2006, 10:55 PM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't forget arthur had slicks and wheelie bars cause he's not getting off the hole that easily especially at LACR.

Dan poured lots of money on a econobox to prove to people he wasn't college educated, the poor bastard. JP
lol
Old 01-03-2007, 07:05 AM
cturnbull802

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Netko350Z

Listen to this sound clip very closely... there is already a car running BEFORE the 350 starts!!! wtfgayfakevideobs!!
Old 03-09-2010, 09:45 AM
NightRider88

So how can you tell the difference between a fake hks true dual exhaust and a real one???
Old 03-09-2010, 09:51 AM
silverbullet_Z

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by NightRider88
So how can you tell the difference between a fake hks true dual exhaust and a real one???
wow digging this one up from the past... I believe it's the tips on the exhaust is one of the differences the hks has like a blue tint to it from the titanium, and the xo2 exhaust tips are like brownish and are not titanium. Another way of telling is the overall weld work, the weld work is very well done on the hks exhaust that is if you know what you're looking for.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:55 AM
suprasam

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ yep, also the xo2 is more prone to rust/discoloration or a least mine is...hard to keep clear and pretty. The tips have the a titanium look to them and fade over time, but the sound is pretty awesome!!! give and take