Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

p1122 and p2135 - limp mode?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 04:06 PM
one350zfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default p1122 and p2135 - limp mode?

I had all mods in sig running great. Well, I decided to replace my skunk spacer for a Crawford plenum because the hood rubbing and looks finally got to me. Anyway, removing the old spacer creased the gasket but I decided to install the Crawford. It was leaking causing rough idle but rev'd up fine so I shut it down and got a new TB gasket and plenum gasket. The TB gasket was because I had to swap the TB to the new plenum. So, I re-installed everything with the new gaskets and I oiled them and torqued everything down to spec.

*critical info*
My battery was dead during the first install because I was adding gauges which are not hooked up to any wiring right now or ever. So when I had my wife steer while I pushed it back in the garage we left the ignition on. Also, I've put 6,000miles on this thing in almost a year and a half, so lets just say it was sitting for about a week even before we finally killed the battery.

OK, so now every things checked, torqued and charged(enough to start the car)

Won't even idle but for a few seconds before dying, so I do throttle re-learn and it will idle but its in limp mode.

I put a scanner on it a few minutes ago and I got codes p1122 Manufacturer Cont. Fuel/Air metering & p2135 TPS/Pedal Position Sensor/ Switch A/B voltage correlation. Funny thing is, before, when it was just rough idle but it would rev, I didn't notice my ses light. But it came on after the second install.

The scanner read the codes but would not erase them and the battery is dead again.

I think what happened was the original leak caused the 1122 code and the battery just having enough juice to start but not maintaining voltage caused the p2135 code. So my game plan is to let the battery charge for a few hours and se if i can clear these things because I think at least the leak is fix but i might have to get a new battery from all the abuse I'm putting it through.

Sorry for rambling incoherently, but I've installed all my mods myself without any problems until now. I think I'm on the right track I was just looking for comments or concerns.

Thanks-
Jay
Old 02-24-2007, 04:49 AM
one350zfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was a bad connection on the TPS that caused the codes. Hell, I'll admit it, I forgot to plug it in

Anyhow, I still can't get this used Crawford V1 to stop leaking... I even used gasket maker! Took everything apart and cleaned it up and I'm going to try again using rubber washers too. If it doesn't stop leaking then I'm throwing this thing in the trash!
Old 02-24-2007, 05:11 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by one350zfan
It was a bad connection on the TPS that caused the codes. Hell, I'll admit it, I forgot to plug it in

Anyhow, I still can't get this used Crawford V1 to stop leaking... I even used gasket maker! Took everything apart and cleaned it up and I'm going to try again using rubber washers too. If it doesn't stop leaking then I'm throwing this thing in the trash!

Prepare the trash basket........