Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

just got done installing popcharger on stillen

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 02:09 PM
Kurru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just got done installing popcharger on stillen

i know the stock sound is a noticeable difference(from videos i've seen). but man with the stillen s\c and the pop... the s\c sounds like it's a banshee on a kamakazi run.

If u have stillen s\c get this intake. it's def worth it. nothing like scaring children and old ppl walking on the street. haha

another satisfied Popcharger installed

maybe i'll get some vids tonight ^_^
Old 05-18-2007, 06:48 PM
zindy

i dont have the s/c but even the popcharger will scare children. can only imagine what the s/c adds to the mix.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:13 PM
MulhollandDrive

Originally Posted by Kurru
i know the stock sound is a noticeable difference(from videos i've seen). but man with the stillen s\c and the pop... the s\c sounds like it's a banshee on a kamakazi run.

If u have stillen s\c get this intake. it's def worth it. nothing like scaring children and old ppl walking on the street. haha

another satisfied Popcharger installed

maybe i'll get some vids tonight ^_^
That combination makes an awesome sound, maybe too much sound . The real concern is that you are taking in hotter air than say with a cold air intake. When you add the "heating" effect of a SC, the final mix may run a bit hot. On a NA engine I agree that the added constriction of the long cold air intake may negate the added density of the colder air, but I am not sure that is true on an FI engine.
Old 05-19-2007, 12:40 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The stillen S/C has a water-to-air heat exhanger to cool the intake charge, and I believe it compensates for intake temperature.

It would not be a very good system if it blew up when it gets hot outside.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:42 PM
MulhollandDrive

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
The stillen S/C has a water-to-air heat exhanger to cool the intake charge, and I believe it compensates for intake temperature.

It would not be a very good system if it blew up when it gets hot outside.
You are correct, the Stage II and better comes with an aftercooler which does compensate somewhat for the added heat from compression. I have run both a cone filter free in the engine compartment and a long Nismo CAI in the fender well. The free cone in the engine compartment was amazingly loud and seemed to have better power at lower rpms, but the Magnuson website had a warning against using free cones with their SC due to hotter air so I am now running a long CAI sans bypass valve. (Stillen SC= Magunson SC). I may be loosing some power, but I believe the system should be reliable even at 90+ summer temps. The Stillen CAI may be a good compromise.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:06 PM
Kurru

Originally Posted by MulhollandDrive
You are correct, the Stage II and better comes with an aftercooler which does compensate somewhat for the added heat from compression. I have run both a cone filter free in the engine compartment and a long Nismo CAI in the fender well. The free cone in the engine compartment was amazingly loud and seemed to have better power at lower rpms, but the Magnuson website had a warning against using free cones with their SC due to hotter air so I am now running a long CAI sans bypass valve. (Stillen SC= Magunson SC). I may be loosing some power, but I believe the system should be reliable even at 90+ summer temps. The Stillen CAI may be a good compromise.

hmmm i never saw this before purchasing. i'll be going to stage IV soon. see whats up in future i guess
Old 05-20-2007, 10:19 PM
MulhollandDrive

Originally Posted by Kurru
hmmm i never saw this before purchasing. i'll be going to stage IV soon. see whats up in future i guess
Go ahead and enjoy the pop charger. You can always go back to the stock air box
Old 05-20-2007, 10:21 PM
ekim1

nice...scaring kids...haha