Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Injen sp1986 intake OWNERS ONLY!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 09:27 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Injen sp1986 intake OWNERS ONLY!

Forgive me for i have sinned with a noob question. I have tried every intake besides the gruppe m, blitz, and hks intake. I just purchased the Injen recent intake sp1986. I have searched but haven't found definate answer. Every thead just seemed to be lacking the answers i need. And yes, i read the top 100 question. This might seem to be a dumb question.

I want to know if any of you have gone from the CAI to SRI or SRI to CAI.

1.Which one has better throttle around town?

2.Which feels to have more gain WOT?

3.Why did injen redesign their intake? is the maf sensor in the tube the only difference?

4.Also ive notice that this intake since in the front of the bumper and not in the fenderwell like my AEM did. Does this help any?

Which has a lot of lag under 3 rpm? (i'm guessing the long tube makes it worse)

I saw a dyno of this newer injen from a member on this board which made me look for this intake in the first place. It was a good amount gain. I believed he used it as CAI.

I'm looking for same throttle response as stock air box, but with gains in the upper rpms.

I really don't want to try both and want to rely on some of you with your answers. To me, i guess SRI will have heatsoak like my JWT and feel laggy..the CAI will lag since it's such a long intake tube. I don't want to give up my low end torque feeling because i rarely redline. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:09 AM
HondaKiller
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I convert my Injen intake once a year from summer to winter. During the summer i actually keep it Short Rammed due to frequently rainy conditions. (i live in florida) Honestly, the Short ram works better than the cold air. The cold air kinda feels like a different power band, but as far as throttle response and sound quality of the intake, Short Ram takes the prize. An air duct might help some of your heat problems with short ram. Cold air is a ***** to convert, so i just leave the plastic tube extension in my front bumper to create some sort of cold air availiability, on top of it making conversion less painful figuring the hardest part is getting the plastic extension down into the bumper.

Above all, add a plenum spacer and a CCV valve into your mix and heat soak problems will no longer exisit. The intake works better as short ram and sounds better just like every other intake. Power gains are niether here nor there with either method, but i do feel that the car is more spunky converted to short ram. Good luck with things.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:14 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by HondaKiller
I convert my Injen intake once a year from summer to winter. During the summer i actually keep it Short Rammed due to frequently rainy conditions. (i live in florida) Honestly, the Short ram works better than the cold air. The cold air kinda feels like a different power band, but as far as throttle response and sound quality of the intake, Short Ram takes the prize. An air duct might help some of your heat problems with short ram. Cold air is a ***** to convert, so i just leave the plastic tube extension in my front bumper to create some sort of cold air availiability, on top of it making conversion less painful figuring the hardest part is getting the plastic extension down into the bumper.

Above all, add a plenum spacer and a CCV valve into your mix and heat soak problems will no longer exisit. The intake works better as short ram and sounds better just like every other intake. Power gains are niether here nor there with either method, but i do feel that the car is more spunky converted to short ram. Good luck with things.
+1
Old 09-17-2007, 06:35 AM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks guys. Badass build Quicksilver.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:21 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350
Thanks guys. Badass build Quicksilver.

gracias

stay tuned by my next stage on my project... it going to be even crazier.