Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

ITB's available soon

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 12:12 PM
rbfd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If only I lived in florida I already have the haltech and all the NA bolt on mods, this would be really fun.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:56 AM
NiZMo1o1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zxman69
Hey Alan, thanks for the info, maybe I'll get lucky and make it up. Hi Someguy350, just wondering when you had ITB's on your honda where they made specifically for your Honda? The ITB's that have been sold for this engine so far have all been for road/club racing starting with the oringanal setups made for Nismo. RJN Racing,in England have the last of the carbon fiber setups given to them by nissan,and seem to like them as well as they are on the group 4 cars that they run. There are people running this brand of bodies in scca solo 1 and solo 2 with a lot of success as well. Maybe what you had was to big for your application or not correct the mods you had. I have never had a complaint on a set of bodies I have sold, although there is always a first time..... We will post up some dyno sheets, not just numbers, as soon as we have them as I, like you, look for the over all increase not just the peak top end power.
Neil I think you should try and come out , At least this way you may be able to get a few FWD VQs attention.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:35 AM
track1z

Default ++++++1

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
yeah, that would really simplify the kit

simple is a throttle cable operated setup....complex is a drive by wire one

let's just not mix words though...this is not a setup for a stock car, or a car with even bolt ons

And I bet many don't understand this neither:
Old 03-08-2008, 01:16 PM
FAIRLADYZ_MANnE

Originally Posted by track1z

And I bet many don't understand this neither:
ok then, what is needed to run a setup with ITBs?
heads and cam?
or just cam? because i have heard the heads stock flow pretty good.
full motor build... what? how much money is needed to gain hp with ITBs

i bet there is plenty of people who would spend 10k for a NA 350whp Z

i would anyway. something about going NA,
making the engine itself more efficent with what it has.
instead being lazy and just forcing air into your engine.
Old 03-08-2008, 04:51 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FAIRLADYZ_MANnE
...instead being lazy and just forcing air into your engine.
ROFL at this comment.

Going FI isn't lazy IMO. Especially when guys are investing in built motors (longblocks including ported & polished heads, oversize valves, and cams) and intake setups that will potentially offer more top end or peak power for their FI setups (ie. the Cosworth plenum at $1000).

I was interested in this setup as a possibility for optimizing and squeezing the most out of an FI setup. I have since concluded that it is more hassle than it is worth for my build project and is not necessary to obtain my power goals with the PowerLab kit.

However, I'm still subscribed to this thread because I'm still intrigued by this ITB setup and curious to see what results are ultimately obtained.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 03-09-2008 at 11:13 AM.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:54 AM
NiZMo1o1

a little off topic but these ITB's will most likey be at the March 16 Meet in West Palm Beach Fl , FWD VQ ITB's

He is currently working around the clock to build the box to clear underneath the hood. I will try to keep it posted on here as well as the FWD VQ fourms.

If any VQs in South Florida would like to attend please click on the link for more info http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=549989
2 days left
Old 03-14-2008, 08:10 AM
NA&CH
General & Tech Senior Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by NiZMo1o1
a little off topic but these ITB's will most likey be at the March 16 Meet in West Palm Beach Fl , FWD VQ ITB's

He is currently working around the clock to build the box to clear underneath the hood. I will try to keep it posted on here as well as the FWD VQ fourms.

If any VQs in South Florida would like to attend please click on the link for more info http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=549989
2 days left

Holy shat thats a lot of Max's. Get pics and vids of the ITB's

Chris
Old 03-14-2008, 08:27 AM
NiZMo1o1

Originally Posted by NA&CH
Holy shat thats a lot of Max's. Get pics and vids of the ITB's

Chris
Yeah hes working on the ITBs on my buddys ride now , hes working today tonight and all thru Saturday to build the box for it to clear.

Hopefully we'll see some ITBs Sunday,

I will be bringing my 6th gen Maxima to him to work on, He wants to make sure it can clear the hood.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:42 AM
stylett9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NiZMo1o1
Yeah hes working on the ITBs on my buddys ride now , hes working today tonight and all thru Saturday to build the box for it to clear.

Hopefully we'll see some ITBs Sunday,

I will be bringing my 6th gen Maxima to him to work on, He wants to make sure it can clear the hood.

pictures and sound clips please! sound clips under load too!
Old 03-14-2008, 10:46 AM
Z33_kid

man its been a while n no updates
Old 03-14-2008, 10:47 AM
zxman69

Chris you should have come over to the shop when you where over this way last Saturday. we could have worked something out on a set for your car.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:18 AM
Someguy350

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

Hey Alan, thanks for the info, maybe I'll get lucky and make it up. Hi Someguy350, just wondering when you had ITB's on your honda where they made specifically for your Honda? The ITB's that have been sold for this engine so far have all been for road/club racing starting with the oringanal setups made for Nismo. RJN Racing,in England have the last of the carbon fiber setups given to them by nissan,and seem to like them as well as they are on the group 4 cars that they run. There are people running this brand of bodies in scca solo 1 and solo 2 with a lot of success as well. Maybe what you had was to big for your application or not correct the mods you had. I have never had a complaint on a set of bodies I have sold, although there is always a first time..... We will post up some dyno sheets, not just numbers, as soon as we have them as I, like you, look for the over all increase not just the peak top end power.
alot of honda guys do a hack job itb set up, with itb's off a crotch rocket. but i went with the full set up from TWM. which are supposed to be engineered specifically for the B18C1 i was running. but this was also a few years ago. and there have been some advancements in tuning im sure. and not to mention, tuning a 350z is a bit different than tuning a honda. I wasnt running a stand alone system with the honda. i was using a hondata. anyway, i cant wait to see the numbers on this set up. plus it proly looks cool as hell too.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:44 AM
NiZMo1o1

Updates , if your comming from the South , i-95 and Congress is shutdown... find a alerternate route please
Old 03-16-2008, 04:26 PM
NA&CH
General & Tech Senior Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Chris you should have come over to the shop when you where over this way last Saturday. we could have worked something out on a set for your car.
Yea prob. so. I would really like to see them in flesh/metal Next time I am over on your coast I plan on Visiting.

Chris
Old 03-17-2008, 01:53 PM
henrybui

Originally Posted by Someguy350
alot of honda guys do a hack job itb set up, with itb's off a crotch rocket. but i went with the full set up from TWM. which are supposed to be engineered specifically for the B18C1 i was running. but this was also a few years ago. and there have been some advancements in tuning im sure. and not to mention, tuning a 350z is a bit different than tuning a honda. I wasnt running a stand alone system with the honda. i was using a hondata. anyway, i cant wait to see the numbers on this set up. plus it proly looks cool as hell too.
twms were actually designed for the c5 and b16 head, not the gsr head. the only itbs specifically designed for the c1 head is the jenveys. either way, jenveys or twms, they both are good, but personally jenveys like these, are better than twms.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:00 PM
Someguy350

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by henrybui
twms were actually designed for the c5 and b16 head, not the gsr head. the only itbs specifically designed for the c1 head is the jenveys. either way, jenveys or twms, they both are good, but personally jenveys like these, are better than twms.
the C1 head is the same as the C5 and the B16. but the cams have more lift than the B16, and less lift than the C5.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:23 AM
Kwame

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Any pictures from that big meet?
Old 03-27-2008, 11:54 AM
pimpin714style

subscribing
Old 03-27-2008, 11:54 AM
ke0ki2k

annnd now we're talking about honda engines......
Old 03-27-2008, 12:30 PM
zxman69

Kwame, here is a couple of links to some of the photos of the Maxima Meet.
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=556713
http://www.mediafire.com/?kxhkivxk3jj

Quick Reply: ITB's available soon