Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

ITB's available soon

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 10:53 AM
zxman69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ITB's available soon

Hey guys, I have ITB's coming in for the 350Z's at the end of this month. They should net you at least 35whp on a completly stock engine with a stock euc. With mods such as cams ,higher compression, and either a piggyback or stand alone ecu cars in Europe have made between 400 and 525 hp on n/a motors. They will also work with F/I as well. If anyone is interested let me know.
Neil

Old 10-07-2007, 10:55 AM
Zexy

..... Stock ECU? In case you didn't know these motors run on drive by wire and i'm looking at dual cable throttle. You have ALOT more explaining to do before you start gauging interest.?
Old 10-07-2007, 11:18 AM
2005daytonaZ

400-525 hp n/a
Old 10-07-2007, 11:31 AM
n1sm0r

How do you plan to use the stock ecu? Do you need to convert to MAP since I'm assuming your ITB's won't be using a plenium, theres no way to make use of the factory maf. Also, this won't work with FI unless you made a plenium for it. How will you be controlling the throttle since Z's are drive by wire. Also, ITBS alone won't net you 35whp. Those cars you are referring (that get 500whp stock) to have had INTENSE work done on the internals such super high compression pistons, knife edge crankshaft that was blueprinted and balanced, aggressive cams, HOURS of tuning, and ton's of other stuff.
You'll probably lose some torque from this setup, and I really doubt you'll get 35whp WITHOUT tuning. Maybe with an awesome tuner, and a free flowing exhaust , then MAYBE.

Too many unanswered questions
Old 10-07-2007, 11:33 AM
plumpzz

Max hp you'd see on a v6 3.5liter is 350rwhp, so the 400hp number crank is reasonable. I think we should wait before jumping to conclusions though. Looks good to me, made for top end power though..
Old 10-07-2007, 12:00 PM
n1sm0r

Originally Posted by plumpzz
Max hp you'd see on a v6 3.5liter is 350rwhp, so the 400hp number crank is reasonable. I think we should wait before jumping to conclusions though. Looks good to me, made for top end power though..

Sorry but that statement is false. Hypothetically speaking you can have a v6 3.5L running 18.1:1 compression with 110 octane race gas that runs 500hp easily. It's still a 3.5L, and it's still n/a.

You can also have a FI 3.5L v6 that gets 600hp easy.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:04 PM
plumpzz

I guess i should've stated running on 94 gas and high compression pistons, but those don't even give the most power. A wild cam/header setup with nicely setup heads would give you about 350whp with control of the VTC pullies, still way expensive. Just give it time, and peopelw ill make serious NA power for street use.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:25 PM
jonnylaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How much will the ITB setup run?

The Top Secret package is hella pricey w/ the orange anodized trumpets, I hope this is cheaper? I also think that fuel rails , ecu tune/piggy back, with full breather mods would be necessary to extract the full potential of any ITB setup.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:46 PM
NA&CH
General & Tech Senior Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Hey Guys. He is over on SFZCC.com and I told him to come on here. I was asking him the same questions.

Let him answer some questions for us. He is across the state and close to family so I am thinking of stopping by his shop.

Chris
Old 10-07-2007, 01:17 PM
zxman69

I will try to answer your questions in order
Zexy, We are working on an adaptor for the accelorator pedal for the cable linkage. Most performance shops will not need this but we are thinking of the do it yourself end user.
2005daytonaz, as N1sm0r stated you will need alot of work to make that kind of power but it has already been done.
N1sm0r, if you use the stock ecu you will of course have to have an air box around the bodies so that you can use the factory air flow meter or if you wanted to use these with forced induction.The bodies are good for up to 60lbs of boost for those that might be looking in that direction.We are looking at the E-manage Ultimate as an option because of the ability of using their map sensor and getting rid of the airflow meter. The best bet for someone looking to make a lot of horsepower will of course be a stand alone.As for your comment on the ability to get 35hp on a stock motor I'll assume that you have no experiance with itb's as I've seen 25 to 35 whp on 4cyl 1.6 ltr Hondas,using factory ecu,stock injectors.stock exhaust on acompletly stock engine. I may be expecting more from what I consider to be a better designed engine(Renualt did a beautiful job with the vq didn't they) especially when looking at the restrictive intake that the car comes with from the factory. I'm hoping too have some dyno figures for you guys but as stated above I'm still waiting for them to arrive here. I hope that I have answered some of you questions.
Neil
Old 10-07-2007, 01:28 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by zxman69
I will try to answer your questions in order
Zexy, We are working on an adaptor for the accelorator pedal for the cable linkage. Most performance shops will not need this but we are thinking of the do it yourself end user.
2005daytonaz, as N1sm0r stated you will need alot of work to make that kind of power but it has already been done.
N1sm0r, if you use the stock ecu you will of course have to have an air box around the bodies so that you can use the factory air flow meter or if you wanted to use these with forced induction.The bodies are good for up to 60lbs of boost for those that might be looking in that direction.We are looking at the E-manage Ultimate as an option because of the ability of using their map sensor and getting rid of the airflow meter. The best bet for someone looking to make a lot of horsepower will of course be a stand alone.As for your comment on the ability to get 35hp on a stock motor I'll assume that you have no experiance with itb's as I've seen 25 to 35 whp on 4cyl 1.6 ltr Hondas,using factory ecu,stock injectors.stock exhaust on acompletly stock engine. I may be expecting more from what I consider to be a better designed engine(Renualt did a beautiful job with the vq didn't they) especially when looking at the restrictive intake that the car comes with from the factory. I'm hoping too have some dyno figures for you guys but as stated above I'm still waiting for them to arrive here. I hope that I have answered some of you questions.
Neil
Hmmm... Interesting.

Who is making these? Will there be an available airbox to go with this, or does one have to be custom fabricated? Also, how much is this going to cost?

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 10-07-2007 at 01:30 PM.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:59 PM
zxman69

Hi NA&CH, thanks . Guys the kits are made by Jenvey out of England. The kits should retail for around $3500.,maybe less if possible. They will include the following parts :manifolds,bodies,air horns,fuel rails,throttle linkage,tps sensor,air box or air filters,dependeing on your needs, and an adaptor for the gas pedal for a throttle cable. After talking to my supplier, I've found out that the first run will be for only 18 sets, ten that have been presold. some of the others will be going out to race teams here, in the Uk and Japan, so I will hopefully have some feedback for you guys on the performance.
any other questions please ask as I'm sure that I've forgotten something.
Neil
Old 10-07-2007, 02:04 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

subscribing.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:29 PM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Very interesting.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:33 PM
NOBI

subscribing
Old 10-07-2007, 05:29 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by zxman69
Hi NA&CH, thanks . Guys the kits are made by Jenvey out of England. The kits should retail for around $3500.,maybe less if possible. They will include the following parts :manifolds,bodies,air horns,fuel rails,throttle linkage,tps sensor,air box or air filters,dependeing on your needs, and an adaptor for the gas pedal for a throttle cable. After talking to my supplier, I've found out that the first run will be for only 18 sets, ten that have been presold. some of the others will be going out to race teams here, in the Uk and Japan, so I will hopefully have some feedback for you guys on the performance.
any other questions please ask as I'm sure that I've forgotten something.
Neil
Cool! Sounds promising. More questions...

Do you know if this ITB system has been used with a turbo setup yet as part of the R&D? Will the fuel rails and the rest of this ITB system be compatible with aftermarket injectors up to 1000cc size? Any chance of getting pics of the airbox that fits over this. Also, will the airbox and ITB setup fit under the front strut bar, not to mention the factory hood?

Thanks for your prompt responses.

Edit: It is truly sad that another British company developed and is releasing something as complicated as this ITB system in less time than it's taking Cosworth to get a f*cking plenum to the market.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 10-07-2007 at 06:37 PM.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:55 PM
turismo

Sounds interesting
Old 10-07-2007, 06:36 PM
xlr8r

I've been preparing to make a custom set of ITB's & researching various suppliers & makes. I spoke with the owner of Hayward (they make ITB setups using Jenvey Throttle bodies). He had mentioned that Jenvey had made sets for VQ's, but he told me they were specifically for race teams & gave me the impression that they would not be available to the general public.

I'm curious how many you'll be getting?
What will it include (fuel rails?
How big are the throttle plates?

I am very interested, depending on the final price & the specs.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:43 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by xlr8r
I've been preparing to make a custom set of ITB's & researching various suppliers & makes. I spoke with the owner of Hayward (they make ITB setups using Jenvey Throttle bodies). He had mentioned that Jenvey had made sets for VQ's, but he told me they were specifically for race teams & gave me the impression that they would not be available to the general public.

I'm curious how many you'll be getting? 18 with 10 of those already presold (for the first batch)
What will it include (fuel rails? Yes
How big are the throttle plates?

I am very interested, depending on the final price & the specs. Around $3500 retail
LOL!!! He answered all but one of your questions in his last post.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 10-07-2007 at 06:45 PM.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:57 PM
xlr8r

The supplier is getting 18, & has presold 10, so is zxman69 getting the other 8? probably not, that's why I'm curious how may he's going to have to sell.

$3500 is his estimate & he said maybe lower, that's the reason for my "final price" statement.

I did miss his list of things included (he needs to make better use of paragraphs). Regardless, layoff man

Quick Reply: ITB's available soon