Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Exhaust Help... sorry

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007 | 04:26 PM
incomming

Default Exhaust Help... sorry

ok... hey this is incomming's friend. i have a tC so dont hate. currently i have eibach springs, injen intake, dc strut bar, progress rear swaybar (on my tC). i basicly know general knowlege about cars and alot about mine. so my buddy (owner of this acc) is in a little delema. he thinks he can just go and pick a good sounding exhaust and drop $800 on it. i look at the website 10 hp.... not so good for a 350z bolt on in my oppinion. now what sort of gain should i be looking from an exhaust on the 350z. i know my car (small 4cyl) i would be happy with 10 hp with a full exhaust. he was looking at the aam single titanium exhaust. the first thing i saw... y-pipe back... not even changing any cats to hi-flow cats. or w/e. are all/most z exhausts y-pipe back or should he really be looking for a full cat-back (if you guys even have thoes??) ??

im shure i have more questions but i have to go. just let me know so general info basicly. i looked at the stickys and didnt see anything other than basic oppinions. if you could lmk thanks.
Old 10-10-2007 | 05:55 PM
eltness350
The Untouchable
Premier Member

ok....altered atmosphere has dual exhaust also...more gains....hks has dual...aps...the evo2 exhaust is good...do a little better searchin or click on the sponsors...they have deals on these exhausts....just pm them with what u/your friend is looking for...also look into headers for full performance gains....
Old 10-10-2007 | 06:09 PM
hodahkwen

Originally Posted by incomming
should he really be looking for a full cat-back (if you guys even have thoes??) ??
Sorry, but we don't have full cat-back exhausts like the tC.
Old 10-11-2007 | 04:10 AM
incomming

Ok so the real incomming is back- and I'm still looking into what exhaust to get. I read the forum rules and since I'm new to modding I'm still kind of at a loss as to what i should be looking to get.

first off, let me apologise for my friends atrocious spelling.. moving on though, shouldn't I be looking for a catback setup or a single exit exhaust (which wouldn't look as good since the body of my 2007 350z has dips for a catback)

Anyone have any idea's on what i should be looking for in an exhaust kit? I loved the sound that the AAM single exit titanium exhaust gave, but its a single back.
Also, unlike my friends tC which can be upgraded for 500 dollars easily, will the price range for a good exhaust kit run me around 600-1000?

Thanks, still trying to get into the modding stages- Wikipedia + alot of browsing reading posts + asking questions + looking at company websites will get me to where I need to be : )
Old 10-11-2007 | 04:15 AM
gregtotheb

first off, let me apologise for my friends atrocious spelling..
lol.
Old 10-11-2007 | 04:17 AM
gregtotheb

i have the stillen td, no complaints over here.
Old 10-11-2007 | 04:18 AM
incomming

Quote:

first off, let me apologise for my friends atrocious spelling..

lol.

British spelling, don't laugh.

for the English handicapped, ApologiZe.
Old 10-11-2007 | 06:22 AM
incomming

hey it is his buddy again... yeah i cant spell sorry.

is a typical exhaust a y-pipe back or is it someting different??
Old 10-11-2007 | 07:09 AM
StreetOC192

As has been said over and over again............

Formats:
For the 350Z there are systems that are cat-back, y-pipe back, and axle back. You can also replace the cats with high flow cats or test pipes (check local laws), and you can replace the headers. You need to decide what will be best for your long term goals. The performance of an exhaust depends on all the other performance mods you make to the car, such as intake, plenum spacer, supercharger, single turbo, twin turbo, etc. There is no cut and dry answer as to which exhaust will give you better gains.

Gains:
Most of your true duals will yield the same gains
Most of your singles will yield the same gains

Once you decide your long term goals for the car, you should know if you need/want a single or true dual. Buy for looks and sound preference, and of course budget.
Old 10-11-2007 | 08:07 AM
gothchick

tC's are cute! Lol, ran a tC / Greddy turbo the other day from a dig and a roll. I walked him pretty bad both times. I'm NA, full boltons, utec tuned.

Last edited by gothchick; 10-11-2007 at 08:32 AM.
Old 10-11-2007 | 10:50 AM
incomming

/\ thanks....
im prety shure that he wants a turbo/dual but i really dont know if that will happen. im shure he will respond. so what he should be looking for is a true dual or a single? now i know that a "true" dual means 2 separate headers. is that your meaning of a true dual?? because in that case, that will be hella expensive... but i dont think that it is really "true." is it just true from the y-pipe back? but then what is the difference from a y-pipe back or is that jsut the same??

im just trying to figure out his car because he is obviously too lazy to do it him self.

again sorry for the spelling....
Old 10-11-2007 | 12:50 PM
StreetOC192

/\ thanks....
im prety shure that he wants a turbo/dual but i really dont know if that will happen. im shure he will respond. so what he should be looking for is a true dual or a single? now i know that a "true" dual means 2 separate headers. is that your meaning of a true dual?? because in that case, that will be hella expensive... but i dont think that it is really "true." is it just true from the y-pipe back? but then what is the difference from a y-pipe back or is that jsut the same??

im just trying to figure out his car because he is obviously too lazy to do it him self.

again sorry for the spelling....
The car already has 2 headers and 2 cats.....it's a V6, not an inline motor. so you have a header on each side into a cat on each side. from their the OE exhaust goes into a Y-pipe that combines the 2 sides into 1 pipe all the way back to the muffler. A true dual is a cat-back system that replaces the Y-pipe, the mid pipe and the muffler. It will have 2 pipes running all the way back into 2 separate mufflers. Some true duals will have an H or X pipe to cut down on drone, but not all have this.