Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

greddy ti-c install

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 10:11 AM
jasper8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default greddy ti-c install

Hey I'm about to install my new exhaust (greddy ti-c, single exhaust) and was wondering if there are any hanging issues or other quick fixes I should be aware of with single exhaust applications or this particular model before I start.

thanks!
Old 10-20-2007, 10:18 AM
srt4-no more

nope... exhaust is a straight forward as almost any install can be! injoy! thas a nice *** system fer sure!
Old 10-20-2007, 10:29 AM
jasper8

ok what about jacking the car up? a buddy of mine has rino ramps but it doesnt raise the car enough...

Would it be safe to put the front two tires on the ramps and then use two jacks in the back? Also i didnt know if we jack the back tires will the front ones move if the car is in gear and E-brake pulled?

or does anyone have any tips for garage lifting?

Thanks
Old 10-20-2007, 05:30 PM
BigZ88

look around on this one....this particular exhaust seems to have some issues as far as length or angle of exhaust and it melting the rear bumper...it may be an install issue, so i'd ask around more
Old 10-20-2007, 07:05 PM
kramykram

just jack it up and then block the front tires. no need to jack the fron up also. if you have a good floor jack, that lifts high enough you can change everything from underneath with no problem from test pipes back. if i can fit my fatass under my car then you should be able to also. just make sure to use your jack stands.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:15 PM
Tougeznut

Make sure you have some wheel chocks or some big rocks to put under the front tires. Go to advanced auto and buy some anti-sieze, b/c i promise you you'll have a hard time getting the bolts off and you don't want that to happen again, so put some anti-sieze on all the bolts before you put on the new exhaust. Also lube up the hangers really well when taking them off and putting them on, nothing works better than wd-40 -- trust me that saves like 20 minutes.

Also once you take your original exhaust off - Turn your car on and rev it a few times get it on tape too if you can, its a fun sound.

Good luck with the install - my tanabe hyper medallion took about 2 hours in the dark with only hand tools and a friend.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:22 PM
jumpin800agl
8 to 11

Originally Posted by BigZ88
look around on this one....this particular exhaust seems to have some issues as far as length or angle of exhaust and it melting the rear bumper...it may be an install issue, so i'd ask around more
its not an install issue, just poor R & D on Greddy's part. Had mine installed at Forged and then reinspected once it started cooking my bumper and looked under it myself after replacing a Y pipe I broke recently. Can't wait to go back to true duals next month and get another bumper. Exhaust sounds and looks good though.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:22 PM
Black Ztallion

I can't wait to see it Brock.
Old 12-24-2007, 04:41 PM
MATTY_T

hey man just curious if you got your Ti-C exhaust on or not. Im kind of iffy about getting this exhaust after reading this post. I woulda been pissed if i got it and it cooked my bumper. Im trying to decide if i want to do the JIC Single or the Greddy Ti-C.
Old 12-27-2007, 01:51 PM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MATTY_T
hey man just curious if you got your Ti-C exhaust on or not. Im kind of iffy about getting this exhaust after reading this post. I woulda been pissed if i got it and it cooked my bumper. Im trying to decide if i want to do the JIC Single or the Greddy Ti-C.
Greddy has recalled and I believe discontinued the TI-C exhausts, they were melting rear bumpers.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:33 PM
jumpin800agl
8 to 11

Originally Posted by Jim@Showstoppers
Greddy has recalled and I believe discontinued the TI-C exhausts, they were melting rear bumpers.
well those of us that have the exhaust and have had burned bumper, would Greddy be liable for any damages under warranty? My exhaust was installed by a Greddy authorized shop.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:52 AM
MATTY_T

Originally Posted by Jim@Showstoppers
wow thats too bad...it really looked like a good exhaust system too. the vid clip sounded amazing as well. Glad I went with my JIC this week!
Old 12-28-2007, 02:15 PM
MATTY_T

Originally Posted by jumpin800agl
well those of us that have the exhaust and have had burned bumper, would Greddy be liable for any damages under warranty? My exhaust was installed by a Greddy authorized shop.
Id get a hold of Greddy and find out.. I would imagine that they would especially since it was installed by an Authorized Greddy shop. Just get all of your paper work together and give them a call or call the shop that installed it and see what they can do for you.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:13 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by jumpin800agl
You will have to call Greddy on that. All I really know is that we had an exhaust on order for like 2 weeks. Customer called saying it never arrived, we called Greddy to find out they recalled all the TI-C's for melting the rear bumpers and that a law suit was filed. Best of Luck !

Jim
Old 12-30-2007, 08:28 AM
Escobar

Received 154 Likes on 128 Posts

Can't you just take the bumper off and put some heat tape on the bumper?
Old 12-30-2007, 07:36 PM
HyperSprite
Mad Scientist
Premier Member

If you back the car onto the ramps so the back is in the air, there is plenty of room to work under there. If you can, put the ramps on a piece of carpet with about a foot extra carpet coming out the front of the ramps, this will keep you from pushing the ramps out from under your car when you drive off. The Y pipe bolts are close to the sides so you don't really need to be under the car for that, just on the side, and the rest will be roomy enough. I've done 3 Injen installs and a Nismo install and they have been cake.

As for taking the stock back muffler off, I use a long pry bar and use the pipes sticking out of the back muffler as the fulcrum. Take the forward (easy ) one off first, then slide your head under the car, legs tricking out and pop off the drivers side (ease muffler down onto your chest), do the passenger side (ease the rest on your chest) and back out.

Use liquid wrench on the bolts before you start and if you must lube the hangers, use a silicone spay (not WD40).

Chris
Old 01-21-2008, 09:53 AM
35oZephyR

It's a shame that this exhaust had some issues.
Hopefully Greddy brings back a revised one soon.

Jasper,
Any updates on your install?
Old 01-24-2008, 07:05 PM
350XTCz

You can add a spacer on the exhaust hangers to lower them down from the bumper a bit. I did it, and I have yet to have any bumper burning. Unbolt the exhaust hanger, and then take some washers or nuts and slip them on the bolts for the the exhaust hanger. It lowered the exhaust a bit more, and I think it will prevent any bumper burn problems.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:19 PM
ke0ki2k

edit: didnt read how old this was >.<

Last edited by ke0ki2k; 01-24-2008 at 07:23 PM.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:49 PM
1BAD03Z

I installed mine 3 weeks ago, so obviously there is no recall now, I have yet to see any burn marks. I even have a sticker just above it on the bumper and it hasn't showed any melting.

Quick Reply: greddy ti-c install