Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

HKS Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 02:58 PM
XIceDragonX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HKS Exhaust

I have the 2.5 inch HKS daul exhaust, and somehow the flex pipe on the drivers side pipe is leaking. I was wondering if anyone knows of any replacement parts for them or know where to get some. I tried an advance auto and they said the biggest they can get is 2 inch. I plan on having the old stuff cut out and a new section welded in.

all help is greatly appreciated as I hate this new leak, it makes my exhaust sound crappy when I floor it.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:41 PM
singh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XIceDragonX
I have the 2.5 inch HKS daul exhaust, and somehow the flex pipe on the drivers side pipe is leaking. I was wondering if anyone knows of any replacement parts for them or know where to get some. I tried an advance auto and they said the biggest they can get is 2 inch. I plan on having the old stuff cut out and a new section welded in.

all help is greatly appreciated as I hate this new leak, it makes my exhaust sound crappy when I floor it.
Don't you mean 2.36" HKS hi-power? The HKS sounds like **** to begin with, I can't imagine what you have to be listening to now.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:54 PM
tranceformer95

Originally Posted by gsingh350Z
Don't you mean 2.36" HKS hi-power? The HKS sounds like **** to begin with, I can't imagine what you have to be listening to now.
Dude, why the harsh words? The OP was asking a simple question.

I would just go to the muffler shop and ask them if they have any. And I would even try to look around for a performance muffler shop if you know of any around your area. Oh and the poster above is right, it is 60mm/2.36" piping.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:59 PM
gothchick

Originally Posted by tranceformer95
Sounds like someone is upset they can't afford one perhaps?? HKS envy?? Lol~
Old 11-02-2007, 05:12 AM
singh

Originally Posted by tranceformer95

I would just go to the muffler shop and ask them if they have any. And I would even try to look around for a performance muffler shop if you know of any around your area. Oh and the poster above is right, it is 60mm/2.36" piping.
I didn't mean to be harsh, I was just giving my honest opinion.

And to Mrs. Gothchick, I figured you would reply since you are the HKS kiss-***. Honestly, I was close to purchasing the exhaust until I went out and heard it...uugghh, for the money, this is the worst exhaust system to ever get.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:56 AM
XIceDragonX

actually everyone who has heard my car has loved it... from muscle car guys to honda guys that envy it. but you are right, it probably is 60mm but it would probably be easier to make a 2.5 inch flex pipe fit rather than a 2 inch or 2.25 inch one since it would restrict flow.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:01 AM
cwest350

Originally Posted by gothchick
+1 lol
Old 11-02-2007, 12:18 PM
XIceDragonX

but anyone know of like a cold weld or something i can use to repair this pinhole leak in my flexpiping? I've already seen it start singe some of the piping infront of it, cause the pipe right before where it starts is a lil melted on the outside haha.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:28 PM
Tac-M

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you just need to have that flex joint replaced. and do it on both sides at the same time. should not be a big deal to a good muffler shop.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:15 PM
XIceDragonX

yea but tac, for a pin hole, i dont see spendin 50 bucks just on the part again... 100 for both sides... and like another 50 in labor.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:21 PM
Tac-M

well, it is a hole, so 150 it is... not bad since you paid 1500.... i just don't see what else you can do. if you are doing it, do it right. and sometimes, with mods you will have to throw money away. ( just like i did with a JP spoiler, what a POS, $ 300 gone )
Old 11-02-2007, 03:31 PM
XIceDragonX

yeah, but i am trying to save up money to go twin turbo... than if i can go into a 3 inch exhaust... so i'd rather not keep wastin some nickel and dime stuff on little stuff breaking like that flex pipe. Why invest in the exhaust more if I am going to get rid of it? That and I just need to use it till I go turbo because a 3 inch exhaust on a N/A car would most likely loose power.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:37 AM
rkd350z

Originally Posted by gothchick
Good point!
Old 11-04-2007, 09:27 AM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gsingh350Z
I didn't mean to be harsh, I was just giving my honest opinion.

And to Mrs. Gothchick, I figured you would reply since you are the HKS kiss-***. Honestly, I was close to purchasing the exhaust until I went out and heard it...uugghh, for the money, this is the worst exhaust system to ever get.

hahahahaha

This coming from the guy who lists 20% Tint as a mod.

< - HKS dick rider.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:39 PM
singh

Originally Posted by Ruthless18x
hahahahaha

This coming from the guy who lists 20% Tint as a mod.

< - HKS dick rider.
Haha, nice retort ...hahah, you guys are funny. Its also funny to see the HKS bandwagon try to flame me. When you spend $1400 for the HKS and its not all what it cracked up to be, then you start fooling yourself. You go around telling people to get the HKS just because you don't want to be the only idiot who spent big money on an "OK" exhaust system. Especially when a knock-off is presented and it performs and sounds just as good, if not better, than the original HKS...haha, I guess I can't blame you.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:48 PM
XIceDragonX

yeah... sorry you feel that way, but i don't see the need to come into someone's post and say stuff just to try to edge people on. than you think it is funny cause you insult many of us that know HKS is a good brand and we defend it. you sir, must not have anything to do or something to keep posting in a thread where what you say is as worthless as 20% tint at night.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:53 PM
singh

yeah... sorry you feel that way, but i don't see the need to come into someone's post and say stuff just to try to edge people on. than you think it is funny cause you insult many of us that know HKS is a good brand and we defend it. you sir, must not have anything to do or something to keep posting in a thread where what you say is as worthless as 20% tint at night.
...haha, what in the world does that mean. I guess I should not have come posted my opinions in this thread, sorry to the OP. I guess the truth hurts.

So long fellas
Old 11-04-2007, 03:00 PM
XIceDragonX

that's because your opinion was not asked for on how the exhaust sounds sir, the opinion was asked on how to fix a leak in a flex pipe section and you bashed the exhaust rather than help another person out. i am sorry if that is how people treat you where you live, but most of us on here are good people who help out others. And unfortunately with your bashing, you are only on here apparently to contribute negatively on these forums.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:11 PM
Tac-M

there are some cases where a person posts a mod or a question so stupid that you just have to reply in a nasty way. but in this case it is just wrong to bash one of the nicest exhausts for the z from a tuner that has been developing parts for many years.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:15 PM
XIceDragonX

agreed tac... besides, this was a legit question, one I searched for and found no results, so I posted up to get some help... didn't need a guy bashin my exhaust when I am already frustrated from it developing a leak. Like she said, he's just bashing HKS to make himself feel better for not having it.

Quick Reply: HKS Exhaust