Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Amuse exhaust is messed up

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 09:34 PM
terrorist22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SiNzz
^ Haha. Sucks to hear about your exhaust, but you seem to be taking it in stride, despite the typical retarded remarks that come up in every thread like this. I know I wouldn't be able to handle damaging an exhaust like that nearly as well as you seem to have been able to. Good luck!
Thanks. I will most likely part with it as a shop I went to wasn't able to do anything... but honestly as expensive as the exhaust is, it could have been a lot worse
Old 02-17-2008, 12:11 PM
brickyardgreg

i dont think that guy made the civic comment to be an ***. what i think he was trying to say was picking up a beater to drive when the weather sucks can be helpfull. and if it was to be a doushe f#$% off. any ways sorry to hear about the exhaust but like you said it could of been worse
Old 02-17-2008, 12:17 PM
Adon

Originally Posted by terrorist22
Thanks. The guy above needed help getting his wheels on because of the pin on the brake assembly.

https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-tires/334169-problem-with-getting-wheels-on-my-car.html

Maybe he shouldn't be retarded?

Anyway, I'll take them around lunch time.

hahahah....OWNED!!! I was taking my front wheels off the other week to put spacers on and was about to take the pin off myself before deciding to test my 7 year old brother and see if he knew what it was for. He's a car nut and his first response was he says " I think it's there so you dont put the wrong wheels on the front "
and it's there so you don't accidentally rotate the rear staggered wheels onto the front which most wheel shops will make the mistake of doing.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:19 PM
jonnylaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brickyardgreg
i dont think that guy made the civic comment to be an ***. what i think he was trying to say was picking up a beater to drive when the weather sucks can be helpfull. and if it was to be a doushe f#$% off. any ways sorry to hear about the exhaust but like you said it could of been worse
The op lives in San Diego--One of the most moderate and comfortable climates in the entire world, where the weather rarely suks.

to the op, there must be some shops is socal that can work with titanium, but I doubt it would come out perfect, but who knows. Sorry to see that happenb to such a nice exhaust. Hope you get it worked out.

Seeing this makes me drive even more carefully in Chicago right now with the crappy weather--dodging potholes and ice chunks--So far the Amuse exhaust has held up, but I've been extra careful.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:17 PM
davids
F U StuLax18

Thats why I just could not fathom having a $2500 exhaust system on the car. Yea, it's very very nice, but it would take so much fun out of actually driving the car because I would be too paranoid.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:24 PM
terrorist22

I couldn't find anybody that deals w/ Titanium, so I might have to just bite the bullet and buy a replacement muffler. People still want my muffler even after seeing the pictures, so it's not that bad. I will probably go w/ the B-tails this time. It's just pretty crappy that the money could have went towards other things but I guess this was a good wake-up call...

I don't worry about damaging the exhaust... which is probably why this happened in the first place...
Old 02-17-2008, 05:52 PM
jonnylaw

I couldn't find anybody that deals w/ Titanium, so I might have to just bite the bullet and buy a replacement muffler. People still want my muffler even after seeing the pictures, so it's not that bad. I will probably go w/ the B-tails this time. It's just pretty crappy that the money could have went towards other things but I guess this was a good wake-up call...

I don't worry about damaging the exhaust... which is probably why this happened in the first place...
I know Andy and performance Nissan (mynismo.com) knows of a quality shop in the LA area that does custom titanium work. Pm him if you would like before you order another (Since the ARC exhaust for my G was refused, one option offered to me was to have the ARC exhaust for the Z air freighted and custom worked on/fitted to fit my G by a reputable shop in LA). I went with the Amuse in the end; maybe it's worth looking into, but if u don't mind ordering another, like u said u could sell your current.

Last edited by jonnylaw; 02-17-2008 at 05:55 PM.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:02 PM
Get_Zwole

Originally Posted by Adon
hahahah....OWNED!!! I was taking my front wheels off the other week to put spacers on and was about to take the pin off myself before deciding to test my 7 year old brother and see if he knew what it was for. He's a car nut and his first response was he says " I think it's there so you dont put the wrong wheels on the front "
and it's there so you don't accidentally rotate the rear staggered wheels onto the front which most wheel shops will make the mistake of doing.
humm I wasnt doing the job sweetheart . I was 30+ minutes away from my car trying to picture what the douche was talking about in my head. Tells ya the kinda Shops we have around this Sh!thole of a state.

Get it straitened out at all terrorist?
Old 02-17-2008, 06:04 PM
Get_Zwole

ehh maybe now youll find a exhaust you like even better . Im sure somebody will still give pretty good money for the amuse post pics when you get the new one and a clip .
Old 02-17-2008, 06:17 PM
terrorist22

Originally Posted by jonnylaw
I know Andy and performance Nissan (mynismo.com) knows of a quality shop in the LA area that does custom titanium work. Pm him if you would like before you order another (Since the ARC exhaust for my G was refused, one option offered to me was to have the ARC exhaust for the Z air freighted and custom worked on/fitted to fit my G by a reputable shop in LA). I went with the Amuse in the end; maybe it's worth looking into, but if u don't mind ordering another, like u said u could sell your current.
Good info; I will do that. Thanks. But the people who want the muffler might go apesh*t on me

About the Civic comment response - I was just pissed that it was more damage than I thought so I just pulled that thread out. Especially since the damage was the result of pirouetting on wet roads, I took it as an insult to my driving (especially since I have drove karts for a while, including a 125cc shifter). The car felt mid-corner to exit until the rear end broke out; i think it might have been abrupt lifting of the throttle in response to a mild slide that did it

Hell I didn't know what that pin did (nor did the guys at my tire shop) until my dad (ASE Certified) just told them to remove it. Seeing how everybody on this site has aftermarket wheels I didn't think the pin was anything to worry about

Last edited by terrorist22; 02-17-2008 at 06:30 PM.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:36 PM
jonnylaw

might as well make lemonade out of lemons and go with the newer almost but not quite complete dual :

http://www.webamuse.co.jp/new/produc...lent_gold.html

http://www.webamuse.co.jp/new/products/r1_titan.html

http://bulletproofautomotive.com/cat...il.php?ID=6284

(if u r serious about ordering this, contact russel/patrick at rhdjapan.com, and they'll give you a much better price, plus it would be air freighted)--there is no official powerhouse amuse US distributor, so I ordered my R1 from rhdjapan.com, a japanese vendor,--better price and turnaround time.

hawtness:

Last edited by jonnylaw; 02-17-2008 at 06:49 PM.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:40 PM
kirradude1025

Originally Posted by Get_Zwole
buy a front wheel drive civic.

Idk what to say. Maybe taking it off and then reinstalling. Perhaps you may need to bend back into shape or something.

And that exhaust in the post above me is incredible!
Old 02-17-2008, 06:44 PM
terrorist22

Well, I asked my shop to see if they can just order the muffler only. And I PM'd Andy to see if he has any other info. But I would get B-tails for sure. Gold ring... maybe, but the gold welding would not match the vanilla welds on my midpipe. But 4K for an exhaust is way too much for me, even though it might have to come down to buying two Amuse exhausts in the first place