Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

[Houston] HFC's + Emissions = ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 10:57 AM
The Captain

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default [Houston] HFC's + Emissions = ??

Hey, I've been researching this a bit (you can tell I'm a noob when it comes to this) and looking at HFC's. Specifically at Helix and Kinetix, but I was wondering if any Houston drivers have found any HFC's that can safely pass an emissions sniffer. **I was looking at R/T's and Helix if that matters**

I read a few threads about just making sure that your HFC's aren't throwing out and CEL's and that generally will get you passed for emissions, but I just want to make sure before I get a pair and try to take my car in for emissions just to have it fail. (At the very least I can just remove them before I take the car in for emissions, but the least amount of hassle, the better)

Sorry if this is posted somewhere else, but I've tried searching and keep getting information about test pipes, "the funny joke thread", something about the Miami Dolphins, and F/I cars getting their emissions passed by knowing the right people. Again, if it's posted somewhere else just kick me in the ***** and lock my thread.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:07 AM
singh

Lightbulb

Fellow Houstonian, I do not think Harris county does a sniffer test. I live in Liberty county, and I can confirm there is no emissions test over here. Furthermore, if you have hfc, they should pass the emissions test. Test pipes obviously will not pass.

Have you taken a look at the Berk high flow cats? Good quality and if I recall, they do pass emissions testing.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:14 AM
The Captain

Fellow Houstonian, I do not think Harris county does a sniffer test. I live in Liberty county, and I can confirm there is no emissions test over here. Furthermore, if you have hfc, they should pass the emissions test. Test pipes obviously will not pass.

Have you taken a look at the Berk high flow cats? Good quality and if I recall, they do pass emissions testing.
Awesome, thanks for the info. (I'm actually very close to Harris, so it shouldn't be a problem)

As for the Berk's, I hadn't considered them, but after checking out the description it looks very tempting. Especially the fact that they "Guarantee Perfect Fitment" I was checking out a few other HFC's and some had fitment issues with the exhaust. Now I have to research the differences between metal and ceramic.

Again, thanks for your help!

*edit* Btw, I'm planning on pairing this with a Borla TD. I'm seeing an overwhelming response that HFC's take the Borla from "too quiet" to "just right". Plus, you can't argue with a few extra horses under the hood.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:53 PM
Berk_Technology
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rgeist554
Awesome, thanks for the info. (I'm actually very close to Harris, so it shouldn't be a problem)

As for the Berk's, I hadn't considered them, but after checking out the description it looks very tempting. Especially the fact that they "Guarantee Perfect Fitment" I was checking out a few other HFC's and some had fitment issues with the exhaust. Now I have to research the differences between metal and ceramic.

Again, thanks for your help!

*edit* Btw, I'm planning on pairing this with a Borla TD. I'm seeing an overwhelming response that HFC's take the Borla from "too quiet" to "just right". Plus, you can't argue with a few extra horses under the hood.
Our ceramic & metallic cats are 100% legal in TX. They are 49 state smog legal.

They will still pass CA smog sniffer tests, but are not CARB approved for CA.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:21 PM
The Captain

Originally Posted by Berk_Technology
Our ceramic & metallic cats are 100% legal in TX. They are 49 state smog legal.

They will still pass CA smog sniffer tests, but are not CARB approved for CA.
Thanks for the comments.

FYI, I've ordered a set of Berk HFC's. I''ll have to post back once I install it with my exhaust (which I have yet to order >_>).