Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Opinions Needed

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 01:57 PM
RichieM
Banned for NON PAYMENT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by seekndestroy19
Invidia N1 is loud, but i always have my music loud so i dont mind it. Everyones gunna say it based on preference. If you plan on getting test pipes DO NOT go with Invidia!! I had test pipes last summer and they were wayyyyyy too loud!
kpanda350 just put test pipes on with his invidia n1 and OMGGG... lets just say he made a baby cry when he revved it.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:39 PM
Sunset350ZR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some will say the Nismo is to tame but if you are in that camp then put some HFC with it and look for the grins. The Nismo exhaust and HFC together will get you about an extra 10 hp max so unless your but dyno is real sensitive, the gains made are about sound more than power. Add a little tuning to it and actually realize your money was well spent.
Old 04-12-2008, 04:32 AM
kenpo_350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunset350ZR
Some will say the Nismo is to tame but if you are in that camp then put some HFC with it and look for the grins. The Nismo exhaust and HFC together will get you about an extra 10 hp max so unless your but dyno is real sensitive, the gains made are about sound more than power. Add a little tuning to it and actually realize your money was well spent.
Thats good to know with this set up you are getting sound and power. I know with the exhaust everyone says just search for the one that sounds the best to you, but I know you can make some gains with the right set up.
Old 04-12-2008, 04:52 AM
soleil
NolaZcc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nismo and test pipe ftl
Old 04-12-2008, 05:14 AM
Velocity350Z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 350z-noob
from what I read in here, those exhaust system will not give you any noticable gain in hp.
Unless you have FI but its a different story later on for you!

Now that is being said, the only exhaust that sounds nice(from the sound clips I listened to) is Nismo one, IMO.

The rest of them, to each his own!

Good luck, Kenpo!!!
I think this is incorrect information. According to you, Topspeed/RSR will not give you noticable gain in hp unless the Z is F/I.

Topspeed/RSR I think is not a good choice for F/I. There are better exhausts available for F/I. Topspeed/RSR comes in 2 choices of piping: 60mm and 80mm. The 60mm is good for the N/A.

Topspeed/RSR exhausts are very loud from what I've read from here. That may be the case SOME people here don't like them. I think you will gain noticable gains with Topspeed/RSR + AAM Y Pipe. I say this because I read this somewhere in one of the threads.

Whatever you do, don't get the X02. If you must, then get the HKS.

I have heard the Nismo exhaust and I'll say that it isn't really that loud. It just sounds the same as stock on IDLE and a tad bit louder when accelerating. If you want loudness, then go for RSR or the Topspeed exhaust with 60mm piping for your N/A Z. These exhausts are loud, and with a Y pipe installed, they just get LOUDER.

Last edited by Velocity350Z; 04-12-2008 at 05:24 AM.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:09 AM
kenpo_350Z

Is it safe to say that the Invidia N1, topspeed N1, and rsr are all pretty similiar in sound and performance?

I love how it keeps the unique sound of the engine and gives off an exotic tone. Not rice and not muscle. Its nice having a unique set up.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:43 AM
Velocity350Z

Originally Posted by kenpo_350Z
Is it safe to say that the Invidia N1, topspeed N1, and rsr are all pretty similiar in sound and performance?

I love how it keeps the unique sound of the engine and gives off an exotic tone. Not rice and not muscle. Its nice having a unique set up.
You got it. Although, the Invidia N1 is a little quieter than Topspeed PRO-1 and RSR Exmag GTII. The RSR exmag GTII is the originator of this type of sound and is the authentic version. Topspeed is a replica (cheaper, polished) of the RSR exmag GTII.

So in other words, if you are looking for a new Topspeed exhaust and are having trouble finding it due to it being on back order, then get the authentic RSR exmag GTII exhaust for the same sound. I think currently Topspeed does not have any exhausts for 350Z's. There waiting time is approx. 1 month, but could be more. Invidia N1 as I mentioned earlier is just a little bit quiet than these two.

I am assuming you want to mount an exhaust on your Z that has an aggressive loud tone to it...if so, you can't go wrong with RSR or Topspeed. Their sound is unique, check out youtube videos and my350z.com exhaust sound thread (search) to listen and compare this to other exhaust sounds. Then make up your mind and place an order so you can start enjoying it soon!!!

Last edited by Velocity350Z; 04-12-2008 at 07:45 AM.
Old 04-12-2008, 04:03 PM
kenpo_350Z

Thanks I do want something a little loud but, nothing that will make the ears bleed I think I have it narrowed down to the XO2, Invidia, RSR, or Topspeed.

I just think that Unique sound those exhausts, give off really sets the Z apart. I do like the nismo but I want something a litte louder and deeper. From what I have heard so far it sounds like the XO2 is the deepest but something about the topspeed and others draw me back to that tone.
Old 04-12-2008, 05:31 PM
Velocity350Z

I have heard the x02 in real life and its neither really deep nor loud. In some of the videos it seems a bit loud because maybe the camera is close or the Z has other mods such as headers/test pipes/spacer etc. It is a pretty mellow exhaust. The "titanium tips" look on the x02 also fades away. Get what you like though!