Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Valvebody Help!!! (Sharif)

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 03:00 PM
atomevolution

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Valvebody Help!!! (Sharif)

Well, i'm gonna mod my valvebody with a Transgo Kit. I pulled it from the trans. I decided to take it apart last night out of curiousity and two check ***** and two small springs popped out from in between the two halves of the body. Can anybody tell me where they go?
I PMed Sharif about this and about buying a Transgo kit but never heard back from him. I dont know why everyone is always raving about him. I've PMed him before on two occasions about different things and NEVER got a response. Supposedly he's such an asset to the DIY'ers but I dont see it. This isn't meant to be a flame fest on him but i'm surprised he wouldn't even want to make a sale at the least. Oh well, my rant is over.
Anyones help is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:41 PM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by atomevolution
Well, i'm gonna mod my valvebody with a Transgo Kit. I pulled it from the trans. I decided to take it apart last night out of curiousity and two check ***** and two small springs popped out from in between the two halves of the body. Can anybody tell me where they go?
I PMed Sharif about this and about buying a Transgo kit but never heard back from him. I dont know why everyone is always raving about him. I've PMed him before on two occasions about different things and NEVER got a response. Supposedly he's such an asset to the DIY'ers but I dont see it. This isn't meant to be a flame fest on him but i'm surprised he wouldn't even want to make a sale at the least. Oh well, my rant is over.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:05 PM
infinite

that's bad... I've read something about the two ***** and springs somewhere on here.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:48 AM
denchan350gt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would call or pm GTM also since their VB kit uses the transgo kit and post pics of your problem for others to see and maybe help you.

If not take it to a transmission shop near you for them to look at and possibly fix. GL
Old 11-03-2008, 11:41 AM
OCG35
Banned

I would never have attempted this as a DIY if I needed assistance in figuring it out (BTW I would need assistance, because I know nothing about it and would just pay to have it done right).

VB is not a DIY for someone that isn’t familiar with them.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:36 PM
nothix

Originally Posted by OCG35
+1 I thought about doing this myself also, but asked around and found out it was a very bad idea. Ship it off and get it fixed by someone who knows the transmission.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:01 PM
atomevolution

Originally Posted by OCG35
I would never have attempted this as a DIY if I needed assistance in figuring it out (BTW I would need assistance, because I know nothing about it and would just pay to have it done right).

Point taken. I'm naturally curious though and i'm not a newb by any stretch. I worked for Toyota for 2 years but we don't ever crack a transmission unless its to change a filter and add fluid. Other than that it's a rebuilt unit so, I have little experience in the trans.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:08 PM
OCG35
Banned

Point taken. I'm naturally curious though and i'm not a newb by any stretch. I worked for Toyota for 2 years but we don't ever crack a transmission unless its to change a filter and add fluid. Other than that it's a rebuilt unit so, I have little experience in the trans.
I'm all for hands on, and wasn’t suggesting you shouldn’t be... but a VB is certainly not a common component for maintenance or repair and has so many intricacies that its a tough one (for anyone) to tackle... I'm sure you knew that when you bought it though.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:23 PM
kramykram

LOL wow is all I can say. I have rebuilt quit a few engines, and other things. But I would never take an auto tranny apart without going to a school first. I hate auto transmissions. But I wish you luck. Give Shariff some time. He has responded to me a few days later. But I would not wait for him, goto tranny shop like everyone has said.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:59 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Sharif is a busy man, supporting customers that are in-house and waiting for their cars. I can tell you he works longer hours than you do. I wouldn't expect someone who is really busy to reply back out of the blue with detailed instructions and FSM documents to help you with a DIY problem that you created by not researching what you were doing first, all for the potential sale of a VB kit. Sorry bud.

Of course he might... If you really want to get his attention, PM Sandy@Forged the link to this thread and see if he can take a look or have his 5AT tech respond... (I don't think Sharif works on the auto trannys himself). I personally would just ask for a link to the TransGo install instructions and that should have the answers you are looking for if you know a little about what you are doing with auto trannys. Good luck.

EDIT: And why did you post this in this forum? Jeez. He's not going to look in here...

Last edited by rcdash; 11-04-2008 at 05:03 AM.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:21 AM
kramykram

Originally Posted by rcdash
EDIT: And why did you post this in this forum? Jeez. He's not going to look in here...

He said he wasn't trying to flame him so he is hiding it.