Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

New Headers By X.E.R.D.

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 04:09 PM
alex30327

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are these headers street legal without the cats?
Old 08-25-2003, 04:41 PM
XERD

No,

These headers are not street legal.
Old 08-25-2003, 04:50 PM
Blownaway

Im in, tell me how to order please you can email me at vwsales123@aol.com
Old 08-25-2003, 05:49 PM
little_rod

I guess the biggest question about these headers is if most of the power made by the design of the headers, or the fact that they don't have cats.

Makes you wonder what the nismo headers would do with test pipes, of course that setup would be MUCH more expensive than this one.
Old 08-25-2003, 06:05 PM
React3

I know there is a company called Random Technology that makes HI-Flow cats that pass emissions.. I wonder if these headers will fit on the random tech. cats???
Old 08-25-2003, 08:10 PM
mtn

They eliminate the cats meaning no cats from any company will fit. Therefore your car will not pass emissions in any state. Sound familiar from an earlier post?
Old 08-25-2003, 08:51 PM
DTFan

Hmm, do you think that a performance shop anywhere would install them even though they are not street legal?

-DTF
Old 08-26-2003, 05:29 AM
f r e z N Y

Originally posted by DTFan
Hmm, do you think that a performance shop anywhere would install them even though they are not street legal?

-DTF
sure, why wouldn't they. Performance shops install NO2, and that's not street legal. There's no law or guidline that says if our car is strickly for track use, that they cannot work on it.
Old 08-26-2003, 09:17 AM
peptidbond

Originally posted by f r e z N Y
sure, why wouldn't they. Performance shops install NO2, and that's not street legal. There's no law or guidline that says if our car is strickly for track use, that they cannot work on it.
Actually, it depends. In Ohio, if you take your car to a performance shop and it has street plates on it, the performance shop cannot touch the cats. This does not mean they won't, just that it is illegal. The only time you can touch the cats on a registered vehicle in the state of Ohio is if the current cats are not functioning properly from a emissions stand point or if the car has more than 50,000 miles on it.
Old 08-26-2003, 12:17 PM
M3This

Default Re: Xerd Headers to Stillen Exh.?

Originally posted by AZ350Z
Will these bolt up to the Stilles SS exhaust? Are the 02 sensors out yet?
Yes they should as they bolt up to the stock exhaust now. Also XERD is coming out with an Exhaust system forthe car as well. I should have that on in 2 weeks along with another dyno.
Old 08-26-2003, 12:23 PM
M3This

Originally posted by DTFan

-DTF
Most Import Preformance shops will do it. I've never had a problem befor, and I deal with shops mostly in CA with the strictest emissions out of the whole country!
Old 08-26-2003, 12:26 PM
M3This

Originally posted by Mike Wazowski
very impressive and well priced, i'm looking forward to hearing some reviews of your headers.
Mike-

I'm the first person with these and I honestly cant say enought good things about them. If you look at the dyno curve its very smooth like stock and then makes a great gain in power at 5K. Its like driving a s stock Z that is just plain faster! The sound is good, yet not annoying like a Honda, and has a good semi-quite rumble to it! I LOVE these!!!!
Old 08-26-2003, 01:39 PM
magikmike

Someone already asked but never got an answer, so I will ask again. What about O2 sensors? Stock there are 2 on each side, one in the header collector and one after the cat in the cat down pipe.

I assume there is still one in the collector (can't tell from pics) but what about the other one? I know the second one is only for emmisions but if it is just removed will it through a check engine light?

EDITED!!!

Ok I found this on their website, my bad. But can you explain "offered" ??? free? charged item?

"o2 simulator will be offered with this product in order to eliminate any possible check engine lights"

Last edited by magikmike; 08-26-2003 at 01:44 PM.
Old 08-26-2003, 01:45 PM
XERD

There is an o2 bung for all of the o2 sensors, non of them gets left unplugged.

The header system comes with an o2 sim which will take care of the check engine light.

You would never have to worry about your o2's or a check engine light, we took care of this issue when we designed the headers.

The o2 sims come with the headers at no extra charge and will be sold separately as well.

Thanx.
Old 08-26-2003, 06:37 PM
ChurchAutoTest

You might want to visit the forums for these respective cars and see what they have to say.

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthrea...hreadid=108765

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthrea...hreadid=110058

http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic...=asc&start=180

http://bbs.asog.net/viewtopic.php?t=43719

Caveat Emptor.

SC

Standard disclaimer - I don't know Eyal, never bought anything from XERD and do not compete with the business in any way.

Originally posted by M3This
Oh also if you havnt heard about XERD befor they are a newer compay and have made a big hit with the IS300 crowed with their Race Pipes, Headers and Exhaust systems! also with there S2000 Turbo Kit and a bunch of other products!
Old 08-26-2003, 07:17 PM
PhoenixINX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow... I was hoping to see new product on the marketplace... Though something IS shady here. Everything from S2000s, to RX7s, to Avengers and Sebrings?!??!!

Here is what one user said...
Eyal,

While I admit that Burn504 wasn't the model citizen when making certain claims against you, even reading his (and others') claims against you with a large grain of salt produces a bad taste in my mouth. True, we don't know the whole story, but from the looks of it, neither the complaintants NOR you is being very forthright about the situation.

As I stated earlier, the fact that people were complaining about issues with MPH is, for all intents and purposes, a moot point. You were directly involved in MPH (being the president and legally labeled on the business license as the main financial party) as well as your brother, and therefore any issues with MPH during your tenure there need to be resolved. Your obvious refusal to take ANY sort of responsibility with what happened at MPH during your tenure does not speak well about you as a businessman, regardless of you now backing a different company.

Again I will state that only a handful of people know what really happened in each incident, but you're ststements both on this board and others do not seem to jibe.

To whit:
1) "...he just didnt want to wait any longer, he didnt have a car for a few months and needed it back." Fine...did you return his car within a reasonable time period when he asked for it? One moment you are claiming he has asked for the return of his car, yet on the other board he claims months down the road you STILL have not returned his car. You admit to a customer request, yet it seems you have failed to abide by that request.

2) "...i even told him if he wants a refund he will get one, its up to him." From the sound of it, he wanted a refund months ago. For whatever reason he did not receive a refund and therefore had to turn to a judge to award him more than he originally paid (I believe he was awarded $5000 as opposed to roughly $3500 he originally paid you). Months went by and he didn't even receive that. Again, you failed to abide by a simple customer request which pushed you even further into a corner.

3) "Now every company sometime has back ordered or the ship the wrong product." This is true. However, good companies will tell the whole story with nothing added in to save their own skins, providing refunds if necessary. Telling customers they have to wait 2 more weeks because your XERD logo boxes weren't in yet, only to ship them later on without the special boxes (which most likely never existed in the first place) is plain bad business.

4) "NO one ever took XERD or myself to court." You have admitted to at least one lawsuit with Burn504, in particular, even meeting him in the courtroom to try to work things out after missing at least one court date. This is a bold-faced lie on your part and TOTALLY INEXSCUSABLE. To realize how easily you will lie shows me, and others I'm sure, that dealing with you or any business you are a part of is a major risk. This goes beyond saving face, this kind of a statement approaches the criminal.

5) "WE will not charge anyone's credit card until the product is ready to ship." That's an easy statement to make. Even if you WERE to charge the card early and the product never shows up, the consumer has the option of stopping payment using the credit card company. But what about cash customers? Canadian customers? People whose legal rights drop a notch because payment is either harder to deny without a huge CC company to back them up or legal battles are more difficult across country boundaries?

6) "We offer a 3 year warranty on our products." A warranty means bupkis if the company ceases to exist 6 months down the road. What about the warranties offered by MPH? Those aren't worth the piece of paper they're printed on now. If/when XERD should fail, are you, Eyal, as a singular person going to back up those warranties, or will you hide behind the easy escape wall of "I'm no longer with that company!" as you've done so easily with MPH and its customers?

7) "XERD is doing very well, so please make your own decisions about the company which has nothing to do with MPH." I'm not saying its true, but the possibility is there considering the facts we all have at hand...if XERD is basing its increased abilities and products on the money received from shady MPH deals, or even on questionable deals done directly with XERD, then can we REALLY say XERD is doing well? If the main owners of XERD, MPH, and other companies is the same family, how can we NOT base our opinion on how good a company is by how good previously owned companies were ran? As I've said in the past, most here won't associate good business with a company name (unless it's an established name and we're being fooled), we associate it with the person (when we know better).

8) "If everything people are saying is true then how come i [sic] am not hiding..." Again, not saying that it's true, but I can think of one very GOOD reason to do it..."there's a sucker born every minute" (P.T. Barnum). Regardless of how many people may thing you're a crook/theif/what-have-you, there will always be a customer with money willing to trust you, or one who doesn't know the whole story and wants to make a deal. Plenty of us know about the poor email scam where someone writes "If you just send me your bank account # to store $120 million in, I'll let you keep $20 million for your trouble". So why does it keep popping up? Because someone always falls for it.

You may be a stand-up kind of guy, but so far your replies and actions haven't made you look that way in my book. Prove me wrong...settle the court cases by paying people their money, return their property on time, give refunds immediately when asked, ship products as soon as possible with NO made-up excuses as to why they will ship out "next week", and act like a responsible businessman.

I think you'll find quite a few more people on this board with the resources to chase you down should the need arise than you have previously seen on some other boards. Who knows, maybe a bit of paranoia is all it will take to make sure everyone flies straight, but I'm all for honesty by paranoia if it will save someone from getting the shaft.
Thanks for the heads up ChurchAutoTest... we all bid you a great thanks. Your evidence is overwhelming and well caught before another "club" gets caught.

I vote Churchautotest member of the month!!!

Last edited by PhoenixINX; 08-26-2003 at 07:19 PM.
Old 08-26-2003, 07:24 PM
XERD

I wont get into this whole subject however dont believe everything you read.

XERD has never done anything wrong and 80% of the posts are made up just to make us look bad. We dont even have any Honda S2000 parts yet.

XERD makes after market parts for all kinds of cars and we dont even do any retail sales, everything is being sold through our dealers.

Thank you, Eyal
Old 08-26-2003, 07:24 PM
PhoenixINX

ACK... and then this...

Greetings all,
I do not own an S2000 nor have I ever bought anything from Ayal or Erin under any of their companies such as MPH Unlimited, XERD, AMSS or Auto Toy Store. I have been following the trail of deciet that they have made for over two years. The pattern that I have observerved is as follows:

1. They start a business with a new name.

2. They offer to make an after market kit such as turbo, headers, downpipe or super charger.

3. They actually do make a couple of the units (headers and down pipes but no FI stuff) that they received payment for and ship them to the buyers.

4. The lucky buyers that receive their stuff sing a song of praise that loops other buyers into paying for product.

5. Orders do not ship out when promised or ship out incomplete.

6. Ayal makes all kinds of excuses and promises that the parts will be delivered all the while taking in payments for more orders.

7. Ayal leaves the club message boards when he gets too many complaints and then changes the name of the company. In the case of MPH, he filed bankruptcy. It is a matter of public record and Ayal is listed as the owner of MPH, XERD and the Auto Toy Store. Complaints against Ayal's companies are registered with the Better Business Bureau.

You can choose not to believe me, however if you check http://kepler.ss.ca.gov/list.html under these company names, they all come back to the same person. You can also see a list of complaints the the BBB has against them at http://search.bbb.org/results.html
Everyone I just wanted to let you all know I spent the $10 to get some info on Xerd. It just so happens that they have Criminal charges going way back to their first company (name could not be given). He has owned more than 9 companies and screwed everyone up to make his cash. Luckily for Pierceman the CC company will take him down so he benefits with nothing in the end. Thanks to all of the people who warned the S2k club and keep spreading the word. Keep it all updated.
This plain sucks... I for one was VERY excited to see a race header come out for the Z. They were SUPER popular back on the older 240s, etc... unfortunately I would hate to see another community get thrashed as several others have seemed to have done to them.

I declare this company... Buyers Beware.
Old 08-26-2003, 07:33 PM
XERD

XERD has been in business for over a year and a half and is owned only by Eyal, not his brother or anyone else.

We make parts, we ship parts, end of story.

We do not sell anyone else's parts but our own, this is not a little garage that makes parts here and there, we have a full line up of parts and a lot more coming out.

Like i said before we dont even sell to the public, you can only buy our parts from our dealers.

What you read in the above posts is not how we do business.

I hope everyone can at least keep an open mind and not believe everything you read.

Thank you.

Last edited by XERD; 08-26-2003 at 07:35 PM.
Old 08-26-2003, 07:37 PM
PhoenixINX

Sir,

Let me note... I am VERY disappointed... like I said I was VERY excited about the parts...

Unfortunately your last post is nearly the IDENTICAL post to the LETTER of your last communique on other boards.

Then POOF you disappear before money is had, and suckers... "suckered".

Quick Reply: New Headers By X.E.R.D.