Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

New Headers By X.E.R.D.

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2003, 11:20 AM
dwnshift

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will be able to report what they can do versus the nismo headers. Our engine builders have been working on our motor and mapping wiht it last week. Then numbers were pretty good but we are alsways looking for more.
Just for the record it was on an engine dyno not a rolling chassis dyno........stock cams, pectel engine mang,nismo headers,injen intake, no cats.
They (CDI) felt it was in our best interest to go to a headers design with longer primary tubes for more gains.
The engine spent three days on the dyno and will have one or two more days next week.
Old 09-02-2003, 12:22 PM
M3This

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Wicked4u2c
M3This: Oh also if you havnt heard about XERD befor they are a newer compay and have made a big hit with the IS300 crowed with their Race Pipes, Headers and Exhaust systems! also with there S2000 Turbo Kit and a bunch of other products!

XERD: XERD has never done anything wrong and 80% of the posts are made up just to make us look bad. We dont even have any Honda S2000 parts yet.

So who's lying here?? Your buddy M3this states that you make S2000 Turbo kit yet XERD claims they don't make S2000 parts?

M3This:whats wrong with Club350.com?

You probably still remember me don't you... if not check your message board on Wheels & Tires 5th post down (Cant believe its still top 5 posted about 5 months ago)... Club 350 is weak, Your message board is no good. Don't take it personally it has a great layout better than this one IMO...

ANYHOW GETTING BACK TO XERD?

Should we be impress with these dyno numbers? The question we have to ask is did XERD's header design improve Horsepower. Or was it simply just added by removing the cats? For example. What if I were to remove my cats and just replace them with straight pipes, all of them and get the same amount or Horsepower or more? than XERD? Or did their design really help... Cause our cars have LOTS of cats and I know their is "free" horsepower by removing the cats. Basically what I am saying is XERD didnt really make 18 or whatever RWHP as they claim. because by removing the cats its obviously going to give you HP. Now if they were to desing headers but keep the stock cats and give 18 hp than yeah you can say their header gave 18whp. Still great gains and good price but still going turbo so dont need this piece.. But if I wasn't going turbo I would pass this due to their business practices...
Yea I screwed up...... I thought they made a S2000 turbo kit, but I think it was somthing they where talking about. My Bad.

Club350.com is just small and dosnt have as many people on it as this dose. If I took the time to promote it , it would do very well, which are plans for the future, after I get some stuff done.
Old 09-02-2003, 12:27 PM
M3This

Originally posted by Z1 Performance
I have a couple of objective questions from looking at your dyno sheet:

1. what s a 345 Z...... you should call your dealer and let them know you are missing some parts .

2. your baseline number was dated 8/11, and the after test was dated 8/20 - what was the temp, humidity, etc both days (also does nto help that the base test was done at 9:00 am, and the after test was done at 3:30 PM. In yo sig you ahve a whole host of exhaust mods - were these on the car for both tests?

just trying to gain perspective on these things......
As far as time and temps, I'm not sure, as X.E.R.D. took the car to the dyno shop as I live in Vegas and I dropped it off to them in Ca. The first test was ran bone stock with nothing except for a set of 19" Racing Harts on it, and the 2nd test is only with the headers, all the other mods are still in development. Exhaust should be in, in a week or 2 and they will dyno that as well. If you want temps and that stuff PM XERD and they can help you out.
Old 09-02-2003, 07:50 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what gear did you dyno?
Old 09-03-2003, 05:50 AM
dwnshift

Cant we all just get along?

There have been plenty of other post around here where the numbers have been high and I have not seen this much badgering.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:12 AM
M3This

Originally posted by Mike Wazowski
what gear did you dyno?
Mike-

I wasnt there when the car was dynoed as I live in Vegas and X.E.R.D. are out of So Cal and they did the dyno runs. If you PM XERD they can tell you all that info.
Old 09-04-2003, 08:44 AM
NTRIGUE

all the other mods are still in development. Exhaust should be in, in a week or 2 and they will dyno that as well
You bet the mods are "still in development" may be for a while!

XERD I guess all eyes are on M3THIS so don't screw up...

We are all dying to here his song with every "in development" part that he is waiting on.

M3THIS worst case scenario you'll actually get your products!

You're Welcome
Old 09-04-2003, 09:28 AM
dwnshift

Actually they are on our race car xcmpx......So I guess we will see.
Old 09-06-2003, 02:23 PM
G35S6MT

Default Where is XERD?

Eyal, or someone else from XERD, please reply again to this thread. I am fixin' to spend some money on your company in a couple weeks and I am getting serious cold feet.

BTW further information about the production model, they are made out of 439 stainless steel, not ceramic coated, supposedly the engine did NOT throw a MIL light from the secondary O2 sensors (still don't understand this as my altima threw one with the same engine and similar ECU, with headers and no precats)

headers/pipes weigh approx. 20 lbs.

Please let us know you still want some business by coming thru on your R and D.
Old 09-06-2003, 04:45 PM
M3This

I think he's out of town right now.

Also it is true ..... no check eng. light....... and I've put on over 600 miles!
Old 09-06-2003, 07:21 PM
XERD

G35S6MT,

I am not sure what is your questions or what you want me to respond to. If you have any questions please e-mail me at sales@xerd.com.

These headers have already been released so you can purchase them at any time.

Thanx, Eyal
Old 09-13-2003, 03:10 PM
M3This

hey guys just to let you know the GB got extended:

http://www.club350.com/forum/viewtop...?p=18456#18456