Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Motordyne Dual Shockwave w/Ti Tips Pics/Soundclips

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 07:44 AM
TheOtherRob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will have to check with the shop, but I need to move the date closer. So I would hope to have this done on Monday.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:00 AM
350z spd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice. Sal "should" be done with the shop on Monday. Either way I'll see you there.

Last edited by 350z spd; 05-17-2009 at 08:03 AM.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:15 AM
shinstyle

sexy exhaust! lol
Old 05-26-2009, 07:07 PM
04silvrz

Ddoooooo want!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-26-2009, 07:18 PM
TheOtherRob

Here is a vid that Nismospeed4life made when the HFC's and tune were done.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WqSclCgDgkc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WqSclCgDgkc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 05-26-2009, 08:04 PM
Miketsi
Banned

I cannot express how happy I am with my experience with motordyne. I have the AAM non-res test pipes, MD resonated XYZ pipe, and single shockwave exhaust. The exhaust is not overly loud, perfectly driveable, and GREAT sound.

I'm gonna go out soon, and get some more videos soon. If anyone is looking for QUALITY parts, at great prices, call Tony!

Only vid I have so far..

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hKjFaxvhCIY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hKjFaxvhCIY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I'm sure the duals are just as nice, nice vids man!
Old 05-27-2009, 04:00 PM
04silvrz

Originally Posted by TheOtherRob
Here is a vid that Nismospeed4life made when the HFC's and tune were done.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WqSclCgDgkc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WqSclCgDgkc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

what were the before and after numbers???
Old 05-27-2009, 04:20 PM
TheOtherRob

Originally Posted by 04silvrz
what were the before and after numbers???

I gained 18hp with the HFC's and tune I believe. No dyno charts since I dont have a scanner.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:56 PM
67ZNISMO

Nice gains Rob! Sounds like mine now! She'll get quieter eventually....lol
Old 05-27-2009, 08:01 PM
TheOtherRob

Yeah its already quieted down some since install day. Sounds so exotic going under bridges! Ill have to try and get some drive by's under one.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:23 PM
67ZNISMO

Its a good thing you put those HFC's on when you got your tune. When I ran both my shockwave & HFC's before break-in minus the tune.....she was hella loud!

Sounds a lot better after the tune....very subtle cruising but sick at WOT. You should get someone that you trust and have them drive it while you listen....whole different beast man
Old 05-28-2009, 07:26 PM
TheOtherRob

Originally Posted by 67ZNISMO
Sounds a lot better after the tune....very subtle cruising but sick at WOT. You should get someone that you trust and have them drive it while you listen....whole different beast man
Already have on the day of the tune
Old 05-28-2009, 08:42 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 67ZNISMO
Its a good thing you put those HFC's on when you got your tune. When I ran both my shockwave & HFC's before break-in minus the tune.....she was hella loud!

Its true. A tune can clearly change the sound.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:19 AM
TheOtherRob

Yeah I had no choice really, my car was hella lean after the HFC install. In the 14 range. But I think that my car may have some other issues that I want to have looked at.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:12 PM
ginobetterfly

installed dual shockwave today.... love the sound! HUGE thanks to Tony!

I have two problems though:
1. Leaks on each side where the stock cats and the XYZ pipe meet they seem pretty small, but are still big enough to actually have water leaking/dripping out. We did everything right, used the gaskets provided by tony, and tightened everything properly... any suggestions??

2. One of the tips sticks out waay too much passed the rear bumper... We tried everything to get it in as far as we could, but still had to pull the other tip out so that it matched and they were even... looks a little silly with the tips being out so far.. any suggestions besides cutting down the tips?
Old 05-29-2009, 04:21 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

^^ Pics
Old 05-29-2009, 05:25 PM
TheOtherRob

Originally Posted by ginobetterfly

1. Leaks on each side where the stock cats and the XYZ pipe meet they seem pretty small, but are still big enough to actually have water leaking/dripping out. We did everything right, used the gaskets provided by tony, and tightened everything properly... any suggestions??

2. One of the tips sticks out waay too much passed the rear bumper... We tried everything to get it in as far as we could, but still had to pull the other tip out so that it matched and they were even... looks a little silly with the tips being out so far.. any suggestions besides cutting down the tips?
If you are having leaks there has to be a problem with the install. Or the gasket has been compromised some how.

And the tips do stick out a little if they are all the way back. I was able to get mine back far enough to were only maybe half and inch sticks out.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:21 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ginobetterfly

The tips are sized to come out just enough to show the bluing.

Let me know if you are coming by my area again. I'll check the cat flange interface.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:27 PM
ginobetterfly

so after driving and breaking in the exhaust since i had it installed on fri, i must say that although its a little TOO loud for me at certain RPMs (its louder than my old nismo setup with TPs!), when "ON IT" it is, in my opinion, THE BEST exhaust sound ive ever heard a 350Z make... and no rasp whatsoever!

the best noise occurs in 1st and 2nd gear in the higher RPMs while going through a tunnel or fwy underpass...
Old 06-02-2009, 08:29 PM
ginobetterfly

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
^^ Pics
ill post some pics when i figure out how to get the tips further back and some quality pics after i install the BBK

Quick Reply: Motordyne Dual Shockwave w/Ti Tips Pics/Soundclips