Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Test Pipe Gains?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2003, 03:29 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ponyexpress - at a certain point, you are right on the money. But you certainly can do too big, and while it may raise peak HP, it also shifts the power band to the right. It all depends on the setup and the car.
Old 07-03-2024, 09:48 AM
ColinG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mpol99
if u spend $250, you're getting ripped off. These are plain pipes that are a few inches long!!!

I had them on my SE-R years ago. Paid cuple of $$ for the pipes & maybe $50 to get them welded properly.

The car sounded like absolute GARBAGE & from ALL the sound clips I have heard so far, the 350z sounds like GARBAGE as well with test pipes (in my opinion). It sounds like a cheap Civic exhaust (the raspiness, if thats the right word for it) The few HP is NOT woth the sacrifice of driving & having to put up with the sound.

One more thing, your exhaust tips will get dirtier, faster if that is an issue 2 u

ms
from what I’ve noticed it all depends on the exhaust system you have. People say that straight piped VQ engines sound like garbage but add some headers and they sound amazing. So I would imagine if you mix and match mufflers, resonators, and test pipes with some headers it would sound good.
Old Today, 03:37 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,108 Likes on 6,563 Posts

Originally Posted by ColinG
from what I’ve noticed it all depends on the exhaust system you have. People say that straight piped VQ engines sound like garbage but add some headers and they sound amazing. So I would imagine if you mix and match mufflers, resonators, and test pipes with some headers it would sound good.
Only been 21 years since someone posted in here