Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Motordyne Exhaust Photos and Sound Clips

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 10:49 AM
onagao

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Out of curiosity, are you still at the point where you would offer any discount/rebate/refund/happiness for before/after dyno comparisons with other aftermarket exhausts? Say... for instance... a Stillen True Dual exhaust? If so, one such as myself might have enough financial incentive to jump the Stillen ship and go 100% Motordyne.

I realize this isn't quite the same type of new product as ART Pipes, but the thought made me want to ask - just in case.

(That and I'm a little bothered by the Stillen's lack of a flex pipe and the potential stress it could place on my ART Pipes)

Last edited by onagao; 04-07-2010 at 11:02 AM.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:31 PM
nismonian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tony will you ever make headers for the hr???
Old 04-07-2010, 01:32 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes.
There will have to be the introductory round of dynos.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:34 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Originally Posted by nismonian
tony will you ever make headers for the hr???
I don't know yet. I'll have to put one up on the lift.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:41 PM
nismonian

Originally Posted by Hydrazine
I don't know yet. I'll have to put one up on the lift.
well keep us updated

Last edited by nismonian; 04-07-2010 at 02:42 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:51 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Right on. You guys will be updated on everything that comes down the line. And there will always be something new. So much more in development.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:45 PM
stylett9

Well... I don't know where to start really.

Sometime back in February I purchased a motordyne shockwave V1. It had to have been literally maybe a week or two before the V2 was released. When i was in the deciding process of purchasing an exhaust, I wanted something with Ti tips, looked sexy as hell overall, wasn't obnoxiously loud, but still loud enough to be sporty.

Let's go over my exhaust history. I've had invidia G200 with stock cats, Nismo with stock cats, Nismo with HFC's, Invidia G200 with HFC's, Greddy Evo 2 with stock cats, HKS carbon Ti with stock cats, and then finally back to stock because i still hadn't found the exact sound i wanted.
Well, I was really hoping the shockwave V1 was going to be my savior. All in all, I was a bit disapointed. NOT because it was a bad product. The exhaust's craftsmanship is definitely the BEST i've seen. However, it was LOUD. I had read mixed reviews about some people saying there was drone, some said there was no drone, and to be quite honest-whoever thinks the V1 has no drone is Fking crazy because this exhaust definitely has drone. Now, if you like the "IN YOUR FACE!!!!" loud, then the V1 is definitely for you and alot of people have the V1 and are happy. In fact, alot of people get the V1, and still want it louder. But again, that is not what i was going for.

So, finally after several passengers being in my car, I finally get the last straw of every single one of them saying "dude... your car is toooo loud, i have a head ache, my eyes are watering cause it's so loud."

So I call up Tony today.
Long story short, I got off work at 6:30 and made about a 1 hr and 30 minute drive just to see Tony in person. Hats off to Tony for letting me come to his personal place of residence fairly late in the evening, just to try and help me figure out what i need.
Tony took me for a spin a couple times in his Z equiped with motordyne gamma, and then i took him for a spin in my Z equipped with Shockwave V1, and showed him all the frequencies and sounds at specific RPM levels that i wanted to get rid of.

Solution:motordyne shockwave V2.

I got to say, I was still quite uneasy about the fact I just spent well over $1K for the original setup, then another several several hundred just for another pair of axleback attachments. In total, I could have damn nearly paid for an Amuse R1 Titan (this is no fault of Tony, just my own gripping)
So on my long journey home, I call up my cousin to make arrangements to stop by his house and use his tools to install my new axleback's.

Verdict: I'M IN LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this IS the exhaust I have always wanted, 100%. No doubts, no hesitations.(other then the fact it was hella expensive since I didn't purchase the right configuration the first time)

let me sum up Tony's 3 most popular setups.
Shockwave V1
-loud as hell from 1K RPM all the way up to 7500 RPM. Lots and lots of bass sound and there is no way you can drive your car comfortably with the windows up.

Gamma
-Again this is what Tony drove me around in. MUCH MUCH more subtle then the V1, however there is still slight drone at 2000 RPM, and 3000 RPM. But again, no where near as bad as the V1.

V2
Honestly, if i could compare it to a more common exhaust, I would say it's slightly quieter then a Nismo with HFC's, but with a hint of bass. Not overwhelming bass, but just a hint. UNTIL!!!!-you hit 3500 RPM's, then the exhaust starts to scream just like the V1, and in my opinion you can't get any better then this. If you want nice comfortable daily driving with a sporty sound, keep your RPM's below 3K and its soo smooth with a moderate amount of sound. However if you are feeling spirited and you really want your exhaust to come to life, start hitting 4K and 5K RPM range and you won't be disapointed.

Let's just say, The V1 was drowning out all the sound around you, so when I switched to the V2, it was nice to be able to hear my intakes again. haha

Tony- your products are expensive, but honestly the quality is top notch and worth it compared to what the alternatives are. When my cousin was helping me do my install, he even said "dude, these are some nice fking welds, really good quality"

So Hats off to Tony. He really mastered the perfect exhaust in my opinion with the shockwave V2. oh and last random comment, It makes me happy that i can drive comfortable with my windows rolled up again." :-)

Last edited by stylett9; 04-12-2010 at 10:47 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:58 AM
nismonian

are you running stock cats????^^^^^^^^
Old 04-13-2010, 07:04 AM
UnitedBreaks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm still in debate with Kinetix HFC's or GTM Res. TP's to pair up to my V2 system.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:37 AM
stylett9

are you running stock cats????^^^^^^^^
yes, stock cats.

Take it from someone that appreciates a subtle exhaust when they daily drive their car ALOT. i've had my car for 3 years now and have 70K miles, so i'm on the road quite a bit.

This exhaust is subtle when daily driving, but when you step on it, it really opens up the higher the RPM's you go. And when it opens up, it's not a deep bass sound drowning everything out. It's a nice mid tone exotic car like sound. (not to say it sounds like a ferarri, but hopefully you get the picture)
Old 04-13-2010, 11:24 AM
nismonian

Originally Posted by UnitedBreaks
I'm still in debate with Kinetix HFC's or GTM Res. TP's to pair up to my V2 system.
art pipes.....
Old 04-13-2010, 12:59 PM
UnitedBreaks

art pipes.....
Old 04-13-2010, 02:35 PM
nismonian

Originally Posted by UnitedBreaks
lol, jus sayin. you get the power of test pipes and sound of hi flow's (if not better).
Old 04-14-2010, 11:20 AM
anyjuan

Originally Posted by stylett9
yes, stock cats.

Take it from someone that appreciates a subtle exhaust when they daily drive their car ALOT. i've had my car for 3 years now and have 70K miles, so i'm on the road quite a bit.

This exhaust is subtle when daily driving, but when you step on it, it really opens up the higher the RPM's you go. And when it opens up, it's not a deep bass sound drowning everything out. It's a nice mid tone exotic car like sound. (not to say it sounds like a ferarri, but hopefully you get the picture)
What did you do with the leftover V1 parts? If you got them I'll buy them.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:40 AM
zmedic13

I have the v1 with gamma and I like the sound outside the car but the in cabin noise is a little too loud. Would the new axle back section from the v2 make it quieter in cabin? I'm also running it with stock cats. I was going to put on aam hfc's but while trying to remove rthe stock cats we flared a socketand broke two snap-on extensions because the bolt wouldn't budge.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:25 PM
abarclay

Received 157 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by zmedic13
I have the v1 with gamma and I like the sound outside the car but the in cabin noise is a little too loud. Would the new axle back section from the v2 make it quieter in cabin? I'm also running it with stock cats. I was going to put on aam hfc's but while trying to remove rthe stock cats we flared a socketand broke two snap-on extensions because the bolt wouldn't budge.
Most definitely! I had the duel gammas and recently switched to the V2 and the in cabin noise (drone) has significantly been reduced, and it has a much cleaner sound (almost like a very strong VQ tone). I also have Berk HFC, which make it a bit louder, but its perfect for dd for me.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:22 PM
Rubidium

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stylett9
yes, stock cats.

You make me want to buy this exhaust even sooner, thank you for your nice write up.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:16 AM
zmedic13

I just put on my v1 with gamma set up about three weeks ago but when I got it the v2 wasn't out yet. If anyone has the v2, but wants a louder sound then I'll gladly trade my gamma rear sections for the v2 rear sections. Also I'd be willing to sell the gamma rear sections so I could then buy the v2 rear section, but I could not ship the gammas until the new sections came in and I got them put on. Will to ship either way sell/trade but recipient is responsible for shipping costs.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:25 AM
zmedic13

Pm me if interested
Old 04-26-2010, 04:16 PM
D-tuned

I was finally able to install the shockwave V2 on my APS TT G35. Fit, finish and sound is awesome. There are a few things I don't like:
1. Exhaust hangs a bit low
2. Extremely close to the rear sway bar(purchasing motordyne sway bars in a few days)
3. Tips does not line up flush with the bumper. Its about 2" short

Quick Reply: Motordyne Exhaust Photos and Sound Clips