Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Advanced Resonance Tuning (ART pipes)

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 10:51 AM
Deteria

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So on a HR, TDX2 + ART + Tune = easily achievable 300whp?
Old 03-07-2012, 11:34 AM
Rubidium

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Deteria
So on a HR, TDX2 + ART + Tune = easily achievable 300whp?
No, you can check out my dyno sheet's somewhere in here but I hit 297whp with Stillen Gen 3 intake + ART + TDXv2 on HR motor.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:27 PM
Z_enthusiast

I heard motrdyne is out of stock on DE art pipes. This true?
Old 03-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Duckeee

perhaps some of you can help.

i never ask this stuff but im having a tough time narrowing down what i want.

i currently have a invidia gemini and will be getting art pipes and a uprev tune in the near future. i simply do not know which intake to buy. either the stock airbox with k&n drop ins, stillen or injen long tubes, or a popcharger for easy filter access.

obviously the what intake question has been asked a million times but most of those are for pre tuned setups.

Edit: goal is to look for the most power with a tune. exhaust is irrelevant as i want to stick with the gemini.

Last edited by Duckeee; 03-07-2012 at 03:34 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:03 PM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

what motor?

I would dump the gemini but i see you dont care anyways...
Old 03-07-2012, 04:25 PM
Z_enthusiast

All of the listed intakes are great... even with a tune and i bet you wont feel a difference if you switched between them. Obviously your not trying to squeeze every HP out of your car since you say you want the gemini no matter what. So i say go with what you like visually because even with a tune they wont be huge WHP differences in the said intakes.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:45 PM
Duckeee

Originally Posted by 2004Black350z
what motor?
I would dump the gemini but i see you dont care anyways...
HR. and i would rather have a TDX2 myself but resources are limited in the meantime.

Originally Posted by Z_enthusiast
All of the listed intakes are great... even with a tune and i bet you wont feel a difference if you switched between them. Obviously your not trying to squeeze every HP out of your car since you say you want the gemini no matter what. So i say go with what you like visually because even with a tune they wont be huge WHP differences in the said intakes.
thanks for the input.

im curious as to what makes you both veer away from the gemini? piping diameter or simply the design itself?

i wish i had bought a different exhaust to begin with. if i do track down a used tdx2 in the marketplace i'll probably pull the trigger.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:05 PM
F2CMaDMaXX

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The Invidia is an ok design, but it's unrefined and made of poor quality materials, hence the very reasonable price.

As for the intakes, generally, the stock airboxes with a high flow panel filter are recommended. The big problem is having a smooth passage of air over the MAF, if you can sort that, then the tune will be better suited and easier.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:28 PM
Rubidium

Originally Posted by Duckeee
perhaps some of you can help.

i never ask this stuff but im having a tough time narrowing down what i want.

i currently have a invidia gemini and will be getting art pipes and a uprev tune in the near future. i simply do not know which intake to buy. either the stock airbox with k&n drop ins, stillen or injen long tubes, or a popcharger for easy filter access.

obviously the what intake question has been asked a million times but most of those are for pre tuned setups.

Edit: goal is to look for the most power with a tune. exhaust is irrelevant as i want to stick with the gemini.

I do stand by Stillen's power gains with the Gen 3's even though the install sucked and will probably never buy a Stillen product again. The two CAI's (Injen and Stillen)offered will give you the most gains out of the engine. I never started with a baseline dyno but "blue350zed" and 07 HR on the same dyno and same guy running the cars, he hit 252whp stock, once I installed the Gen 3's and dyno'ed I hit 272whp (no tune). The K&N drop in will not get you to the same point as the CAI's, but the price of the CAI's can keep you from wanting to buy. It's up to you, if you wanna squeeze everything out get the CAI's, if you want to get a good gain but not spend a lot. Then get the Drop-ins.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:49 PM
Duckeee

im not a huge fan of stillen so if i had to get the long tubes i would go with the injen. its not the install that wary's me, its slightly the price and the fact that the filters are hard to reach. (not sure how long it actually takes to replace the filters on the long tube)

i kind of figured the pop chargers offer minimal gains and is mainly more for the sound than anything.

at this point i'll be on the lookout for a different exhaust.

thanks for the help again guys i appreciate it
Old 03-24-2012, 08:40 AM
rich2342

Originally Posted by Traininvain
Just got my ART's on with the TDXv2 - tuned with Osiris at Dent Sport in Norwood, MA. . Below dyno is off their Dyno Dynamics inertial, given the tendency of said dyno to read low I was pretty at results. Who knows though, I don't have a baseline. Power is definitely up all over compared to same setup with Berk HFC, which got me 268 on Kaizen's Dyno Dynamics.

Wish I had a baseline there to compare, but sadly I do not. Power mods Stillen Gen3 longtubes, ART's, TDXv2, Osiris tune by Matt K. at DSG who knows his sh*t. Really impressed with the topend.

Sound is just perfect. Coming from TDXv2 with stock cats, sound levels are generally about the same, a bit louder at WOT. However the ART's also add almost unbelievable deep tones and a whole ton of savagery to the note. Couldn't be happier with sound or performance. Torque is up all over the place.

Looks good man. I have a DE which i need an Uprev retune done once i figure out my exhaust issues. How much was the tune? Did you already have Uprev? I only need a few tweaks to my tune since im swapping out Cats for Art pipes and HR-ypipe for XYZ-pipe.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:20 AM
Wu-Watt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Art pipes are cracking badly and are about to fall off the car until having them welded for the second time today. I have spent $300 now having them fixed. Bought them in 09' when they came out.
I need to replace them because of this and I am wondering if you would be willing to help me out with the situation.
I like the performance, but not happy with the quality.

Last edited by Wu-Watt; 03-24-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:26 AM
rich2342

Which version? without brackets? Do you have pics? Do you get rattle or vibrations?

I just had a set installed today Removing HFC's 08 Y-Pipe and the passenger side is too tight to the frame almost no clearance. I couldn't install my XYZ-pipe i also just purchased due to fitament. Something isnt right.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:31 AM
Wu-Watt

I got em when they just came out.. V1's. And ya I'm getting some weird noise now. I dont have pics cuz im dumb and didnt take any but I can definitely get em if im called a liar.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:07 PM
F2CMaDMaXX

Wu-Watt, i'd call or message Motordyne about this, i'm sure Tony will be able to help out.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:35 PM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

+1 Dont post and hope you will get help go straight to Tony and he will help.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:43 PM
Wu-Watt

Originally Posted by PeterSellers
So I've had the ART pipes on for about 1500 miles now (still on the stock catback) and I had to remove the passenger side heatshield as it was still rattling against it. Once I removed that the rattle went away. I don't know if this is because of the stock catback or not but the setup seems to vibrate more than usual. I know that I had to kind of pull lightly in order to get the art pipes to meet up against the stock y pipe. I'm a little concerned that there is not enough flex with the stock catback and that the art pipes may crack, is there any danger of having the art pipes crack or am I being paranoid?

I also got a check engine light last week: P2A00 and P2A03. This seems to be an abnormal case with the art pipes from what I've read. Could this be indicative of a problem?
Yes they do crack mine are screwed. And the fitment isn't great IMO. I also had those cel codes. That's how I found they were screwed the first time.
Tony says the new tabs are for vibration dampening but they are there to support the exhaust. I'm screwed on the warranty as there really isn't one.
So now I'm left looking for some resonated tp's since I'm not buying another set of Tonys $600 pipes after 2 seasons. GTFO

Last edited by Wu-Watt; 04-04-2012 at 04:45 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:24 PM
F2CMaDMaXX

Whilst i don't have the old versions, mine have great fitment, for what it's worth.

I'm interested in where yours cracked, any pics?
Old 04-05-2012, 06:49 AM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wu-Watt
Yes they do crack mine are screwed. And the fitment isn't great IMO.

I also had those cel codes. That's how I found they were screwed the first time.
Tony says the new tabs are for vibration dampening but they are there to support the exhaust. I'm screwed on the warranty as there really isn't one.
So now I'm left looking for some resonated tp's since I'm not buying another set of Tonys

$600 pipes after 2 seasons. GTFO
That is completely false.
Wow Andy. You really have some nerve after what you did.
Since you didn't tell everyone here the truth or the whole truth, I will for you.

Hi Guys,

This is to let you know the full story of how Andy (Wu-Watt) pulled a fast one to keep a 2nd set of ART pipes that do not belong to him. But even after keeping a 2nd set that does not belong to him, he is here demanding a 3rd set for free.

I dont know what moral orientation this guy is from but we won't play his little game.

We gave Andy 100% exceptional customer service in every way possible and he took advantage of it to keep a second set of ART pipes that did not belong to him.

In May 2010 when Andy originally placed his order for DE ART pipes he was accidentally sent HR ART pipes. He contacted us about it and we took care of it immediatly. We sent him another set of DE ART pipes via FedEx express delivery with a pre-paid shipping label so he could return the HR ART pipes at no cost to him. We made a simple mistake and we quickly corrected it to make everything right for Andy at no cost to him. We made it perfect for Andy but...

Andy never returned the original HR ART pipes as he agreed to. He kept them.

So today he is demanding a 3rd set for free after keeping the 2nd set that does not belong to him. Amazing...

So Andy recently wrote me this email.

4/2/2012
Hello I was the happy owner of a set of Art pipes until they began to crack badly. I have

spent $300 having them welded twice.
Please inform me of what you can do for me as I need to have them replaced. I purchased

them in 2009 from b2 auto or something.
-Andy=
At first, I didn't remember who he was from the email (its been nearly 2 years) but after a few questions requesting the purchase traceability information (which is now required for warranty service to prevent fraud and situations like this) we found out who he was and what he did in May 2010. We were and still are ready to provide complete customer service but he needs to return what does not belong to him.

Unfortunately, this is why traceability and verification is now required for warranty service. Its because of people like Wu-Watt who took advantage of our no questions asked customer service.
This is not what we like but we have to trace and verify warranty claims or we wouldn't be in business for very long.

So I replied with the following.

4/2/2012
Hi Andy,

Please send back the new and unused HR ART that you were supposed to return with that FedEx return shipping label we sent you on May 18 2010.

Remember you contacted us claiming you received HR ART pipes instead of DE? You demanded Overnight delivery of a second set of DE ART pipes to Canada and we did just that for you.
We sent you another new DE set (FedEx international Priority tracking # 789667709xxx) along with a FedEx return shipping label for the HR ART pipes so you could return them at no cost to you.
...but we never received the HR pipes from you and the return shipping label was never used. I sent you several emails asking about the return parts... but there was no reply.

Please send back the new/unused HR ART pipes with your DE ART pipes for warranty inspection.

Thank you,
Tony Colette

Motordyne Engineering
Andy replied again with this

4/3/2012
Oh you mean the incomplete set that I drove for 8 hours to get?? Then get home and find they are useless??
For the amount of time/gas/money I wasted on that trip vs the value of a set of worthless art pipes with no flanges I think you should just forget about them because they are long gone.
I never gained anything from them they were useless.
And you want me to send mine in for a inspection?
I think I'll just show everyone on the forums how art pipes hold up after a couple years.
You see what he is doing here?
Post any pictures you like Andy but you aren't getting a 3rd set without returning the other ones first. You were given a free return shipping label.

Andy is also complaining about driving 8 hours to get the first set but we sent them exactly where he wanted them sent. Then when we sent him proper DE replacements (the second set) we sent it direct to his home doorstep so there was no extra driving, tariffs or costs to him. Nothing. It was easy. We also included a prepaid shipping label so FedEx could pick up the HR ART pipes at absolutely no time, cost or inconvenience to him.

Andy said he was screwed out of warranty. Andy also said about the pipes that he was supposed to return. "I think you should just forget about them because they are long gone. "
Andy wasn't screwed out of warranty. Or at least not by us. Andy screwed himself. His warranty is the 2nd set of ART pipes that he never returned. If he lost them or sold them or gave them away then it was his own doing. If as he puts it, they are "long gone" then they are "long gone".
We (Motordyne) did everything we were supposed to on our side. We gave him 100%.

So I replied to Andy in this email.

4/3/2012
Hi Andy,

I am trying to help you and we sent you all the parts to the exact locations you asked us to send them to. There was no added cost to you. New parts were sent. They were all sent where you asked them to be sent. We took care of it all. We gave you 100% customer service.

" I think you should just forget about them because they are long gone."
" I never gained anything from them they were useless. "

There was no added cost to you but the pipes were not yours to keep, sell or give away.

You should have returned them with the free return shipping label we gave you..... but if as you say they are long gone, they are long gone.

Your intentions are very clear but we have done our part and we will continue to do our part.

Thank you and have a wonderful day,
Tony Colette

Motordyne Engineering
Andy replied:
4/3/2012
Tony I was all mad about the situation and I admit I did the wrong thing by not sending them back.
I am trying to find them but doubt I will. ...
He was mad? Mad for what? New parts were immediately FedEx expressed to his front door step. He didn't have to do anything more than what he signed up for. Seems to me getting mad was a convenient and easy excuse to keep a second set of ART pipes that did not belong to him. We are always ready to provide customer service but we do not play along with scammers, cheaters, liars or their dishonest little games. Trying to get a 3rd set for free after keeping the second set that does not belong to him won't happen.

Andy admits he did the wrong thing but after nearly 2 years he he is trying to find them? I'm sure he's been looking really hard to find that new set of so called "$600" ART pipes that he has laying around.

Andy was given 100% top notch customer service just like we do for everyone. We stand behind our customer service and warranty service for Andy and for everyone every time. If we make a mistake, we don't hesitate to fix it. And we always make it as easy as possible for the customer every time.

In addition to providing you the best customer service we protect ourselves from scammers too.

Sometimes parts break or fail. If you have a problem with a Motordyne part and need warranty service, just contact us. We will fix it. We always do.

Thank you,
Tony Colette
Motordyne
Old 04-05-2012, 07:32 AM
350z006

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Wow....

Originally Posted by Hydrazine
That is completely false.
Wow Andy. You really have some nerve after what you did.
Since you didn't tell everyone here the truth or the whole truth, I will for you.

Hi Guys,

This is to let you know the full story of how Andy (Wu-Watt) pulled a fast one to keep a 2nd set of ART pipes that do not belong to him. But even after keeping a 2nd set that does not belong to him, he is here demanding a 3rd set for free.

I dont know what moral orientation this guy is from but we won't play his little game.

We gave Andy 100% exceptional customer service in every way possible and he took advantage of it to keep a second set of ART pipes that did not belong to him.

In May 2010 when Andy originally placed his order for DE ART pipes he was accidentally sent HR ART pipes. He contacted us about it and we took care of it immediatly. We sent him another set of DE ART pipes via FedEx express delivery with a pre-paid shipping label so he could return the HR ART pipes at no cost to him. We made a simple mistake and we quickly corrected it to make everything right for Andy at no cost to him. We made it perfect for Andy but...

Andy never returned the original HR ART pipes as he agreed to. He kept them.

So today he is demanding a 3rd set for free after keeping the 2nd set that does not belong to him. Amazing...

So Andy recently wrote me this email.

At first, I didn't remember who he was from the email (its been nearly 2 years) but after a few questions requesting the purchase traceability information (which is now required for warranty service to prevent fraud and situations like this) we found out who he was and what he did in May 2010. We were and still are ready to provide complete customer service but he needs to return what does not belong to him.

Unfortunately, this is why traceability and verification is now required for warranty service. Its because of people like Wu-Watt who took advantage of our no questions asked customer service.
This is not what we like but we have to trace and verify warranty claims or we wouldn't be in business for very long.

So I replied with the following.

Andy replied again with this

You see what he is doing here?
Post any pictures you like Andy but you aren't getting a 3rd set without returning the other ones first. You were given a free return shipping label.

Andy is also complaining about driving 8 hours to get the first set but we sent them exactly where he wanted them sent. Then when we sent him proper DE replacements (the second set) we sent it direct to his home doorstep so there was no extra driving, tariffs or costs to him. Nothing. It was easy. We also included a prepaid shipping label so FedEx could pick up the HR ART pipes at absolutely no time, cost or inconvenience to him.

Andy said he was screwed out of warranty. Andy also said about the pipes that he was supposed to return. "I think you should just forget about them because they are long gone. "
Andy wasn't screwed out of warranty. Or at least not by us. Andy screwed himself. His warranty is the 2nd set of ART pipes that he never returned. If he lost them or sold them or gave them away then it was his own doing. If as he puts it, they are "long gone" then they are "long gone".
We (Motordyne) did everything we were supposed to on our side. We gave him 100%.

So I replied to Andy in this email.

Andy replied:He was mad? Mad for what? New parts were immediately FedEx expressed to his front door step. He didn't have to do anything more than what he signed up for. Seems to me getting mad was a convenient and easy excuse to keep a second set of ART pipes that did not belong to him. We are always ready to provide customer service but we do not play along with scammers, cheaters, liars or their dishonest little games. Trying to get a 3rd set for free after keeping the second set that does not belong to him won't happen.

Andy admits he did the wrong thing but after nearly 2 years he he is trying to find them? I'm sure he's been looking really hard to find that new set of so called "$600" ART pipes that he has laying around.

Andy was given 100% top notch customer service just like we do for everyone. We stand behind our customer service and warranty service for Andy and for everyone every time. If we make a mistake, we don't hesitate to fix it. And we always make it as easy as possible for the customer every time.

In addition to providing you the best customer service we protect ourselves from scammers too.

Sometimes parts break or fail. If you have a problem with a Motordyne part and need warranty service, just contact us. We will fix it. We always do.

Thank you,
Tony Colette
Motordyne

Quick Reply: Advanced Resonance Tuning (ART pipes)