Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Independent Review: Motordyne ART Pipes

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 05:32 PM
veilseven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, long time member and lurker here, first time posting. So, inevitably, I'll screw something up.

Anyway, for what its worth, here is a video I made showing my exhaust comparison between my old setup (JWT pop, Motordyne Plenum spacer, and Tanabe Medalion Touring exhaust) with my new setup, which adds these Motordyne ART pipes, Motordyne XYZ pipe with straight-through section, and Cobb Stage 2+ ECU flash.

Everything else remains the same, so this should hopefully be yet another reference for those looking to hear the difference in these ART pipes.

Here goes:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N_jgrmxmLdc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N_jgrmxmLdc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

In general, like basically every single person has said, these do sound much more interesting in person. There wasn't a dramatic change in the exhaust note. I ended up with essentially the same note, only louder and with a very low rumble that is not picked up by the microphone. Installation was fairly easy and the quality of both motordyne pieces was perfect. Absolutely no issues with fitment or installation. This particular full setup that I ended up with is very pleasing. It is calm and civil at normal driving speeds. But, quickly amplifies with a very nice sound when given just a bit more throttle. The exhaust note inside the car sounds very deep and aggressive, with little to no drone on the highway. If I were to do my entire exhaust over again, I'd probably do the exact same thing.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:02 PM
350zfan1

Soooo posting my clip as soon as tony ships mine.

Apparently they got a bad batch and unfortunetly my set was in that one .

Full motordyne duel showave exhaust with resonated xyz pipe and art pipes should be music to anyones ears.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:05 AM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Yours has shipped. In fact, everybody's has shipped as of yesterday so they are all coming in shortly.

Yesterdays FedEx truck was packed with ART pipes and exhaust systems!

If you haven't already received your tracking number via email let me know. I'll get one for you.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:49 AM
Shizzmaster2k

Pure sex!!! B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L sound!!!!
Old 11-27-2010, 06:56 PM
walshtj

Thought I would bump this up since noticing a $60 decrease in price on MDs site..
Old 08-04-2012, 10:41 PM
teo_dk

Default Smog Check

This may be a dumb question, but what do you plan to do when needing to do a smog check? put the cats back on for the smog and then remove again after the smog check?