Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Change the 05 z manafold from single to dual?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 07:05 AM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pangoman
I flushed and then changed my transmission fluid and rear differential gear oil to synthetic and initially gained almost 4 miles per gallon. It has since settled to just over 2 miles per gallon after 8 months. Small gain but with her being my DD every little bit helps.
good for you. i changed my transmission fluid 2 months ago and noticed a little improvement in my gas mileage as well
Old 07-15-2010, 05:13 PM
NismoZ123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Dual intake

What you would need is some kind of 'adapter box' for the airflow meters and throttle bodies to plug into for the stock ECU - this is technically possible but takes some electronic voodoo to accomplish....

OR, just bolt on whatever you like and tune with your favorite standalone EMS. That would work for sure.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:58 PM
JamesYellowZ

Ok I'm looking at a kinetix v+ raceing plenum. Single intake.

I just received Nissan coupon for an oil change. But it listed off a few things like spark plugs, co2 sensor.. And the other basics to help with fuel consumtion.

At what mileage did you change out the transmission and differential fluids?

I'm also looking at the stillen intake. That with the new plenum should help. I'll probably go ahead and change out the spark plugs and fuel filter at the same time.

As of right now it's staying pretty steady at 22.4 mpg at 45mph avg with me driving about 120 miles a day. Weekends vary since my wife insist on taking my car everywhere. It's not that like my car more then hers, it's because she like me driving and she doesn't want me driving her car. But I don't mind. I'm in control! LOL! <evil laugh>
Old 07-16-2010, 08:14 AM
snowboarder599

Originally Posted by NismoZ123
What you would need is some kind of 'adapter box' for the airflow meters and throttle bodies to plug into for the stock ECU - this is technically possible but takes some electronic voodoo to accomplish....

OR, just bolt on whatever you like and tune with your favorite standalone EMS. That would work for sure.
To be completely hopnest, putting the HR Manifold on your car isn't really worth it. For the same price (or maybe even cheaper), you could get the cobb tuner accessport, and set your car to fuel saver mode.

Check out this site http://www.importpartspro.com/cotuac03ni35.html

This will greatly increase your gas mileage!
Old 07-16-2010, 08:21 AM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JamesYellowZ
Ok I'm looking at a kinetix v+ raceing plenum. Single intake.

I just received Nissan coupon for an oil change. But it listed off a few things like spark plugs, co2 sensor.. And the other basics to help with fuel consumtion.

At what mileage did you change out the transmission and differential fluids?

I'm also looking at the stillen intake. That with the new plenum should help. I'll probably go ahead and change out the spark plugs and fuel filter at the same time.

As of right now it's staying pretty steady at 22.4 mpg at 45mph avg with me driving about 120 miles a day. Weekends vary since my wife insist on taking my car everywhere. It's not that like my car more then hers, it's because she like me driving and she doesn't want me driving her car. But I don't mind. I'm in control! LOL! <evil laugh>
just get a powerlabs spacer for $175 and call it day. plastic manifold cover ftl.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:05 AM
JamesYellowZ

That is really nice! I'll look into it and do some investigation. Do you have it? What results have you seen?

I've had too many people come back and say the Plenum and the air intake are two major issues where Nissan just didn't do their homework until the 07 and 08 models where they put two air intakes. They also say they have seen fuel savings along with HP with both. So, over this little project of mine, I'm going to take stats and monitor everything to see what does help and what does not. But I will take that into consideration. Especially since you can adjust it to what your wanting at the time. That's very cool! But I'm sure it's not as accurate as putting the car on a dyno with experienced peeps tuning it.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:20 AM
snowboarder599

That is really nice! I'll look into it and do some investigation. Do you have it? What results have you seen?

I've had too many people come back and say the Plenum and the air intake are two major issues where Nissan just didn't do their homework until the 07 and 08 models where they put two air intakes. They also say they have seen fuel savings along with HP with both. So, over this little project of mine, I'm going to take stats and monitor everything to see what does help and what does not. But I will take that into consideration. Especially since you can adjust it to what your wanting at the time. That's very cool! But I'm sure it's not as accurate as putting the car on a dyno with experienced peeps tuning it.
Since I've done all the work to my car, I've noticed that my drives to work have consistantly reached 31mpg. I have reset my car's MPG everyday for the last two weeks to make sure that I was getting accurate results. The add on that helped the most was the cobb tuner.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:56 AM
GT-Rob

Originally Posted by davidv
Yes you should. Since you have 2 intakes gas mileage will increase by 20 percent. This is theoretical of course based on standard barometric pressure at sea level. Your mileage may vary.

Dude, learn to do math. If he doubles his intakes, he will double his mileage/power, not 20%. Its pretty simple.

Im working on a quad intake system right now, ill post my dyno/fuel economy results this weekend. I expect to get about 2400km/tank though, which will be nice.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:59 AM
GT-Rob

on a serious note, 120miles a day? Good on ya mate, I can see why you want to buy less gas! I get about the same as you though, around 22-24mpg depending on how much of a ***** I am driving like. On true highways (not stopping for 100km+) I get closer to 30mpg, and in pure city its more like 21mpg. My girlfriend gets a good 5mpg more regardless though consistently. I think it has something to do with her vagina.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:03 AM
JamesYellowZ

@ Snowboard599 - That's really impressive for 31mpg! Please give me stats with what you actually have. From what I've read, the tuner will work, but works best if you have larger plenum and more air intake. The tuner then adjusts the car to utilize those modifications better. That could be why you have seen such am adjustment in mpg.

@GT-Rob - how are you putting a quad on? That would be very interesting to see! I used to get 30 on highway, but over the past few months I've noticed it's going down to around 24.8 now. I need to look at those spark plugs and fuel filter.

Last edited by JamesYellowZ; 07-16-2010 at 11:46 AM.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:07 AM
snowboarder599

@ Snowboard599 - That's really impressive for 31mpg! Please give me stats with what you actually have. From what I've read, the tuner will work, but works best if you have larger plenum and more air intake. The tuner then adjusts the car to utilize those modifications better. That could be why you have seen such am adjustment in mpg.
I have a CAI, Plenum Spacer, Throttle body spacer, and the tuner. Those are just the ones that boast a mpg gain. I have some other things, but I typically drive on the freeway at 70mph in 6th gear so... Check my pictures, and you can see the 90+ mpg lol