Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

08 HFC CEL Fix

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 06:22 AM
kramykram

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

actually i think if a company just made a set of testpipes with a really small hole in them it would work out just as well then no one would have to stuff. but that idea was shot down buy a few people. ill buy some non foulers today and see what i can work on with this idea. i just have no way to test as i have neither high flows or test pipes right now. i had pretty much put my car back to stock to trade it in. then that deal feel thru so now i am almost finished modding my car back to where she was.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:16 PM
Junkster

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Well if you need a tester I can volunteer haha
Old 11-01-2010, 07:42 PM
350zlee

Originally Posted by kramykram
i was actually working on making a peice into the non foulers that would fix this. I guess i will go back with what i was doing and send it to berk. i just need to purchase another set of high flow cats or test pipes so that i can test it. i have a pretty good idea just from blowing thru them on how much air needs to be cut out.
What are you making??

I added more stainless steel wool into the non-fouler on sat and the light pop up again tonight. I really hate these..........ANymore step I can do to avoid the light?
Old 11-01-2010, 07:57 PM
kramykram

i need to see exatly what you did. did you just drill one all the way thru and part of the other so the o2 sensor can fit?? you should barely be able to blow thru it. i mean like cheeks puffing out you are blow so hard.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:45 AM
Junkster

i need to see exatly what you did. did you just drill one all the way thru and part of the other so the o2 sensor can fit?? you should barely be able to blow thru it. i mean like cheeks puffing out you are blow so hard.
I was going to ask you for a description on how "hard" you had to blow. I guess this is good enough. Just pack it like i pack my fudge!

You also said to stuff the space between the sensor and the defouler as well right?

I have yet to do anything to be honest. I found out i have only one defouler installed now, and the other o2 is just installed directly on the pipe, duno what the PO was thinking...

You think i run any risk of damaging the o2's without the defoulers? I would assume you had to rock them directly in the stream of exhaust for a WHILE before they "broke" ... any opinions on this?
Old 11-02-2010, 09:23 AM
350zlee

I am using a Vibrant, here is the link. I use the smallest holes
http://vibrantperformance.com/catalo...oducts_id=1605
and add another Non fouler on top of it. didn't drill........So I stuff the stainless steel wool into the Non fouler. but after 120km........engine light on again.........And before I put the stainless steel wool.....the light on after 40km. by the way, i installed the HFC, not testpipe........
Old 11-02-2010, 09:27 AM
350zlee

Can anyone upload a pic of what kind of stainless steel wool you guys using? As many people mention the Brillo pad.......I really don't know whats that. Because I can't get it in toronto. Is it same as the S.O.S?
Old 11-02-2010, 09:49 AM
Junkster

Interesting find! i have yet to see an adjustable defouler haha

Steel wool is steel wool IMO. I am going to give it a shot this week and just pack the crap out of them with steel wool and c what happens...

From the sound KramyKram's description you really have to stuff them so that barely any air passes through when you blow through them...
Old 11-02-2010, 10:15 AM
350zlee

Originally Posted by Junkster
Interesting find! i have yet to see an adjustable defouler haha

Steel wool is steel wool IMO. I am going to give it a shot this week and just pack the crap out of them with steel wool and c what happens...

From the sound KramyKram's description you really have to stuff them so that barely any air passes through when you blow through them...
I stuffed so much wool into the non-fouler already......but still havn't work! Sigh.....!
Old 11-02-2010, 10:30 AM
Junkster

Originally Posted by 350zlee
I stuffed so much wool into the non-fouler already......but still havn't work! Sigh.....!
I mean are you still able to blow through it? The sensor needs to feel some kind of a exhaust pulse lol...

did you also pack the space between the smaller hole and the actual o2 sensor tip? Its my understanding that thats how Kramy did it...

Who knows maybe your o2 are shot? That could also be a possibility....
Old 11-02-2010, 11:46 AM
350zlee

I mean are you still able to blow through it? The sensor needs to feel some kind of a exhaust pulse lol...

did you also pack the space between the smaller hole and the actual o2 sensor tip? Its my understanding that thats how Kramy did it...

Who knows maybe your o2 are shot? That could also be a possibility....
I don't think it can blow through it......and I had 1 vibrant blug and 1 non-fouler each side and stuff with the wool into the non-fouler tightly. My 02 are brand new.......! so really don't know what happened........!
Old 11-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Junkster

Well i think your suposed to use 2 defoulers per side...
Old 11-02-2010, 07:59 PM
350zlee

Well i think your suposed to use 2 defoulers per side...
YEah...I did.....one non fouler and one vibrant blug which is a lot longer then 1 non fouler....!
Old 11-03-2010, 07:34 AM
kramykram

If you are using berks i know you do not need the non fouler for those as i found out later. being those are the only ones i have owned in test pipes and high flows. beleive me exhaust will find its way in there. you just want to be to barely be able to blow. added the extra steel wool keeps it from blow the packed steel wool back out.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:10 AM
Junkster

I have Stillen HFC's i wonder how those compare to the Berks....hmmm
Old 11-03-2010, 10:20 AM
350zlee

I am using a Ramdom Technology HFC.........!
Old 11-03-2010, 04:46 PM
kramykram

Not seen a set of stillens either. i used the non foulers regardless when i first did this with my test pipes. it was not until i ordered a pair of high flows and swapped out that i noticed they were not needed on the berks.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:36 AM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I just redid my brillo and it works about perfect. Like kram said they eventually just fall apart. I believe the pics I posted in the thread kram is talking about should still be up. I guess I'm lucky I always get it on the first try, its really not that hard. It may eventually come back on and go off again.

Also just as a heads up that code doesn't affect the car in any way if that's what your scared of.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:41 PM
kramykram

If you have stuffed and have a pretty good idea you did it right get the code scanned maybe its something else. I had a set of crap high flows I was told I had to use high temp silicone instead of a gasket to seal. I could not feel a single leak around the manifold to the high flow but kept getting a cel. So I ordered new o2 sensors. Still had the same cell. Ordered berk test pipes and the cell went away. So threw away 300 bucks on o2 sensors for nothing.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:42 PM
kramykram

Oh damn yes brillo is the same. But you need to shread it and get all the soap off of it the best you can.

Quick Reply: 08 HFC CEL Fix