Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Inside the HKS Exhaust H-Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 09:56 PM
SQBassHead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 07_350z_JP
im taking a seat while the HKS nuthugger come in and defend the 1500+ exhaust yet again. Not even my 42K+ mile X02 ($400) is that poorly built.LOL
Originally Posted by dwrecckk
This just reaffirms my position that my HKS Knockoff + Magnaflow X-Pipe was one of the better exhaust choices I could've picked for the car! Awesome. :]
surrrrre... whatever makes you feel better.... why dont you tell us how ur tips are caca brown and all the rust you see on your exhaust

must be a defected product, ill be the first to say that HKS has gone down hill since back in the day, the welds got sloppy and this...... i remember a member got an REAL HKS and when he inspected it, he saw something like this and he was also suprised about the welds.....keep in mind this was not his first exhaust..... so i think he returned it...

im thinking that HKS got sloppy when there was more demand, they just started half a$$ing everything in order to get it out.....

im glad my HKS doesnt have this defect, BUT i did get the shitty welds

Originally Posted by BeeBo
I bet the MotorDyne exhaust does not have that problem
... now where talking... MOTORDYNE is my next exhaust.... and the best part is there Customer Service, and Tony is here in SoCal

Okashi if you go with HKS, make sure you inspect it good, if your not sure on a exhaust yet.... then you should really consider motordyne

Last edited by SQBassHead; 01-11-2011 at 09:58 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:39 AM
07_350z_JP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SQBassHead
surrrrre... whatever makes you feel better.... why dont you tell us how ur tips are caca brown and all the rust you see on your exhaust

must be a defected product, ill be the first to say that HKS has gone down hill since back in the day, the welds got sloppy and this...... i remember a member got an REAL HKS and when he inspected it, he saw something like this and he was also suprised about the welds.....keep in mind this was not his first exhaust..... so i think he returned it...

im thinking that HKS got sloppy when there was more demand, they just started half a$$ing everything in order to get it out.....

im glad my HKS doesnt have this defect, BUT i did get the shitty welds

sorry not a speck of rust or busted welds or caca tips on mine even after 3.5 yrs/42K miles. Welcome to bring your camera and take pics from any angle you want - so you cant say I photoshopped it.

It comes down to this..... cleaning it ONCE a month.Blue majic polish -15-20 min job.I have found that most Z drivers are so freaking lazy and even the best stuff falls apart in their possession. Yellow headlights, bald tires, screeching wiper blades, worn brakes, nasty body kits is all you ever see at Z meets.Thus I never go.If you skip the basics - it all turns to **** anyways.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:04 AM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow that is disappointing. didn't expect that from hks.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:11 AM
Lee R

Those welds are nothing like HKS welds. No way....and I have seen a lot of HKS exhausts in person installed and at their factory in LA. The pipes are also all beat up in that pic. It may be an authentic HKS exhaust but doesn't mean that it had to be repaired by Midas or somebody which to me looks like it does.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:42 AM
PrimeX

Originally Posted by Lee R
Those welds are nothing like HKS welds. No way....and I have seen a lot of HKS exhausts in person installed and at their factory in LA. The pipes are also all beat up in that pic. It may be an authentic HKS exhaust but doesn't mean that it had to be repaired by Midas or somebody which to me looks like it does.
Yeah, I printed out that pic, was under the car last night and my welds look NOTHING like what's in the pic. It seriously looks like a knockoff or a very, very bad repair. Who knows though. Guess I'll just subscribe to the thread and pray. At least I didn't pay $1500.00 for it, just $1300.00. If mine are indeed the same, no since crying over spilled milk. You live and ya learn.

most Z drivers are so freaking lazy and even the best stuff falls apart in their possession. screeching wiper blades,

Thanks for the reminder. Autozone is on my way home. Loathe streaks, and this will be my third pair of blades in 3 years.

Last edited by PrimeX; 01-12-2011 at 06:53 AM.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:54 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 414 Likes on 237 Posts

sweet!
Now Im cool because i have mothers polish on a foam wheel fer my exhaust, new fluids, blades and rotors.. i never thought Id see the day when i could floss those on my upgrades list haha.
Totaly true tho. Must keep up car. .must upkeep car.. must..
Old 01-12-2011, 02:28 PM
SQBassHead

sorry not a speck of rust or busted welds or caca tips on mine even after 3.5 yrs/42K miles. Welcome to bring your camera and take pics from any angle you want - so you cant say I photoshopped it.Sorry bro im not about to drive to texas to prove a point...lol.. im in SoCal remember

It comes down to this..... cleaning it ONCE a month.Blue majic polish -15-20 min job.I have found that most Z drivers are so freaking lazy and even the best stuff falls apart in their possession. Yellow headlights, bald tires, screeching wiper blades, worn brakes, nasty body kits is all you ever see at Z meets.Thus I never go.If you skip the basics - it all turns to **** anyways.
i use just regular soap and water, on my tips... im too scared that the blue will polish off ... if it's worked for your fake ti tips, then im sure my Real ti tips should be good then.... i only polish the cans

if you want to prove a point then post a pic of your tips with a peice of paper with your screen name and date that reads: "my tips are still blue" only then i will beleive that your tips dont look like caca... im just honest... i know you maintain it sure you can keep the rust off, but i just think the heat will Fade the blue off the Fake exhausts... even if you tried... ]

BUT you can sure prove me wrong...

Originally Posted by bmccann101
sweet!
Now Im cool because i have mothers polish on a foam wheel fer my exhaust, new fluids, blades and rotors.. i never thought Id see the day when i could floss those on my upgrades list haha.
Totaly true tho. Must keep up car. .must upkeep car.. must..
So True, i couldnt agree more
Old 01-12-2011, 02:36 PM
SQBassHead

HKS welds went down hill... google it and you will see someone with a S2K pulled out his AUTHENTIC HKS out off the box and his welds were CRAP... looked just like mine
Old 01-13-2011, 04:13 PM
bimmertech

i don't care one way or the other, but i still have not seen proper evidence that is a genuine exhaust that has not had repairs done to it. he did mention he bought it all banged up for cheap, so who knows.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:07 PM
SQBassHead

I give up bro!

Just google it... Hks is not the same as before
Old 01-14-2011, 04:25 PM
Gary C

Well since no body would do it I sent that crossover pic to HKS USA and after two emails finally received some what of an answer. I was told that what it shows in the pic is not the way HKS designed their exhaust for the Z or G and they've been manufacturing them since 2K05. Which in reality means nothing! That may not be how they were desiged but apparently that's how they're being manufactured. Isn't it possible that this is all fake, that someone added that extended crossover pipe? What have you Z owners found after you've added Magnaflows X pipe and cut open the HKS crossover?
Gary
Old 01-14-2011, 06:24 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Originally Posted by Gary C
Isn't it possible that this is all fake, that someone added that extended crossover pipe? What have you Z owners found after you've added Magnaflows X pipe and cut open the HKS crossover?Gary
I'm also intersting.

If this is true, HKS FTL.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:20 PM
accordfreak

those who are saying it's fake either

1)doesn't have an hks exhaust
2)has the hks exhaust but doesn't like to see they didn't get what they paid.

So I was under the car today to finish up some installs of other stuff and just to be nice I snapped pics

Yes, I rewelded the right side myself. That's why it's so shitty looking because I welded it but who cares, there are no leaks and it holds up very well after scraping many times. I also rewelded the Y pipe back together after cutting out the H pipe protrusion.

Name:  IMG_7384.jpg
Views: 556
Size:  70.0 KB

So here are the smashed up HKS tips. ooo look at the blue rainbow (not brown) unless you're color blind

Name:  IMG_7381.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  61.5 KB

replaced with Ebay tips. YES EBAY TIPS.. wow look at those canisters! they're welded!

end of story.

Last edited by accordfreak; 01-15-2011 at 07:55 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:29 PM
Jairen

accordfreak, any difference after cutting out the obstruction?
Old 01-14-2011, 10:33 PM
accordfreak

no idea. i won't be able to compare since i'm not N/A anymore.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:52 AM
lovemyVQ

accordfreak did you happen to take any pics of the H pipe protrusion when you cut it out? could you post them if you did? thanks.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:08 AM
Gary C

I like how you ask a simple question and some jackazz shoves it up your porthole! Since there have been several members replacing their crossovers from the hks system I was just asking if they found the same obstruction....that's all!
Gary

Last edited by Gary C; 01-15-2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:23 PM
SQBassHead

accordfreak,

how do you like those ebay tips... let us know if they change color on you....

also can you post better pics of how the tips look and pm how much and where you got them at
one of my HKS tips is slightly bent.... not noticable but it bugs me ...lol..
Old 01-15-2011, 02:42 PM
lovemyVQ

Originally Posted by SQBassHead
accordfreak,

how do you like those ebay tips... let us know if they change color on you....

also can you post better pics of how the tips look and pm how much and where you got them at
one of my HKS tips is slightly bent.... not noticable but it bugs me ...lol..
Hopefully that h-pipe choke point isn't something every single unit has. Otherwise, the shiny blue tips are the only thing the HKS low-power has going for it lol j/k. I bought this exhaust as one of my first mods and shelled out the extra dollars for the authentic piece. If this thread is confirmed somehow (as I'm still a little skeptical at this point) then HKS should be completely ashamed of themselves. What's the point of buying authentic if this is the level of quality you get?
Old 01-15-2011, 02:54 PM
Jairen

Originally Posted by lovemyVQ
What's the point of buying authentic if this is the level of quality you get?
It gives you "status" at shows that other exhaust systems won't. Plus, it's from a "JDM" company and it sounds pretty good. Just guessing.

I still prefer Motordyne though for many reasons...

Quick Reply: Inside the HKS Exhaust H-Pipe