Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Possible Z tube alternative for G drivers

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 11:44 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Totally agree with needing the heat shield. I was at the shop earlier this year and a car came in that was running funny, particularly at idle when the fans were on. Took a piece of cardboard and held it where the heat shield would be and the rough idle went away. Took the cardboard away and the problem came right back.

Until I saw that I never really thought the heat shield did much either, and obviously the car had some tuning issues that needed to be worked out which is why it emitted those symptoms but it still shows how much the heat shield helps for the intake to pull in the proper temperature air.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:06 AM
lotteman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Barnabas
Totally agree with needing the heat shield. I was at the shop earlier this year and a car came in that was running funny, particularly at idle when the fans were on. Took a piece of cardboard and held it where the heat shield would be and the rough idle went away. Took the cardboard away and the problem came right back.

Until I saw that I never really thought the heat shield did much either, and obviously the car had some tuning issues that needed to be worked out which is why it emitted those symptoms but it still shows how much the heat shield helps for the intake to pull in the proper temperature air.
Wow, never seen results so blatantly before. i may consider making my own heat shield because the JWT shield isnt as enclosed as i'd like unless i can find one for cheap then ill probably take it and add more to it. Anyone selling just a JWT shield? lol
Old 08-06-2011, 12:07 AM
mgrotel

I laugh at those heat shield gimmicks every time I see one. Anyway, the next thing you may want to consider is that if all that extra noise from the intake means you are getting more air and dust into your engine. Bobtheoilguy did a very convincing air filter test that suggests you are.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:03 AM
lotteman

Which is why im getting the Apex'i filter. It probably still lets crap into your engine but its easily one of the best "performance" filters out there when it comes to keeping crap out of your engine. it is pricey though:P
Old 08-06-2011, 01:47 PM
mgrotel

Got a link to the apexi filter?
Old 08-06-2011, 09:37 PM
lotteman

http://www.racinglab.com/apexi-power-intake-022.html

^Apexi power intake for 350z

https://my350z.com/forum/engine-driv...y-install.html

^install tutorial for 350z