Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Make stock exhaust louder for $2.00

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 11:39 AM
flecko28

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

an exhaust leak is bad anywhere because it disrupts the flow characteristics of the pipe. It causes turbulence in the gasses among other things, which can affect performance. The disruption of flow and the gasses prematurely escaping the pipe account for the "pffft" noise associated with an exhaust leak, (and why it doesnt go "pfffft" when it exits the tip normally) but also account for why you can space it differently to create different "tones" - like tuning a wind instrument. but people don't poke holes in their musical instruments to make them sound better. (i am aware that its not a direct relationship to a car but you must see what I am getting at)

but have you really ever heard a car go by with a leak and say "that sounds nice!" You have simply made the car louder via a leak - something people spend time and money to patch because eventually it becomes undesirable. If you're happy with, fine - I'm thousands of miles away and it won't bother me when it drives down the street. but you can't call it new, and you cant possibly be surprised when people who love their cars and respect the thousands of man-hours of design and engineering that go into everything - including the exhaust note - do not like or appreciate your "mod".
Old 09-19-2011, 11:47 AM
Z33Garage

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by flecko28
an exhaust leak is bad anywhere because it disrupts the flow characteristics of the pipe. It causes turbulence in the gasses among other things, which can affect performance. The disruption of flow and the gasses prematurely escaping the pipe account for the "pffft" noise associated with an exhaust leak, (and why it doesnt go "pfffft" when it exits the tip normally) but also account for why you can space it differently to create different "tones" - like tuning a wind instrument. but people don't poke holes in their musical instruments to make them sound better. (i am aware that its not a direct relationship to a car but you must see what I am getting at)

but have you really ever heard a car go by with a leak and say "that sounds nice!" You have simply made the car louder via a leak - something people spend time and money to patch because eventually it becomes undesirable. If you're happy with, fine - I'm thousands of miles away and it won't bother me when it drives down the street. but you can't call it new, and you cant possibly be surprised when people who love their cars and respect the thousands of man-hours of design and engineering that go into everything - including the exhaust note - do not like or appreciate your "mod".

Thanks, agree with your explanation.
I could care less if they "like or appreciate" the mod, its not like in in their living room reving the motor. Simply put someone could have just said what you did, with the same manner and that would have been enough for me, but I suppose trolls must feed somehow..

taking back to stawk when I get home... and install wheel spacers.

Last edited by Z33Garage; 09-19-2011 at 11:59 AM.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:10 PM
06g35meister

repost...
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2227126
Old 09-19-2011, 12:20 PM
Z33Garage

Originally Posted by 06g35meister
Thank you kind sir
Old 09-19-2011, 12:23 PM
Itzcashew

We're not here to flame you, we're here to remind you about doing something STUPID. DONT DO IT!
Old 09-19-2011, 12:28 PM
Z33Garage

Originally Posted by Itzcashew
We're not here to flame you, we're here to remind you about doing something STUPID. DONT DO IT!
Some of you are not here to flame, Im only doing this because Im bored, I want to mess with exhaust a bit before I gets paid in 2 weeks and can order the
OBX exhaust( please dont start on <)
Old 09-19-2011, 12:32 PM
abo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would think that after a few years on the internet, you would know by now what topic would cause "flaming." i don't understand why you wouldn't just keep this to yourself.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:37 PM
Z33Garage

Originally Posted by abo
i would think that after a few years on the internet, you would know by now what topic would cause "flaming." i don't understand why you wouldn't just keep this to yourself.
Because the way I try to make my point across and I was hoping this forum may have been a bit more mature that just treat any macgyver thread as a " omg i just Gawt a TT kit on ebay, motor wont turn".

Some forums arent like this, mainly the PC forums I lurk on, you gais arent that bad as sylvia for example....ohh lord that was bad.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't even know where to start, but this is going nowhere fast anyway.