Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Fujitsubo Legalis R

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 08:29 AM
Nismo1534

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I sold the exhaust because it was too quiet (and I love quiet exhausts). Removing the Y-pipe resonator made it louder (only stock loud) but added noticable rasp. Not ricer rasp, but you could hear it when driving. When I added ART pipes, nothing changed, as they are said to help reduce noise/rasp. Some other test pipes or High-flow cat's would probably make it louder, but would definitely increase rasp.

I'm in the Portland area.

Last edited by Nismo1534; 03-07-2012 at 08:30 AM.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:45 AM
F2CMaDMaXX

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah, the ARTs only handle their own rasp otherwise associated with test pipes.

Sounds like you're after the same thing i am with an exhaust, what did you end up with in the end?

I'm in the Portland area too, but i've not see you around, though i'm over to the west.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:23 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Nismo1534
Yes, I sold the exhaust because it was too quiet (and I love quiet exhausts). Removing the Y-pipe resonator made it louder (only stock loud) but added noticable rasp. Not ricer rasp, but you could hear it when driving. When I added ART pipes, nothing changed, as they are said to help reduce noise/rasp. Some other test pipes or High-flow cat's would probably make it louder, but would definitely increase rasp.

I'm in the Portland area.
I had this exhaust on my Nismo with Motordyne's resonated Y-Pipe and ART pipes. With that combo, it was definitely quieter than stock. I removed the resonator from the y-pipe and used a straight pipe, which made it sound about as loud as stock, but there was noticable rasp. Paid $1,100 for the Fuji, without the Y-Pipe.

Please see my thread for pics/vids of this exhaust

EDIT: Also, note that the Fujitsubo Legalis-R came in two models, one for the 03-06 and one for the 07-08. They both fit all years, but the 07-08 is said to be louder. I had the 07-08 model and it was still very quiet.
The only thing that was different between the models are the flanges and mid pipe the muffler sections are exactly the same.

I had this exhaust on my Nismo with Motordyne's resonated Y-Pipe and ART pipes. With that combo, it was definitely quieter than stock. I removed the resonator from the y-pipe and used a straight pipe, which made it sound about as loud as stock, but there was noticable rasp. Paid $1,100 for the Fuji, without the Y-Pipe.

Please see my thread for pics/vids of this exhaust

EDIT: Also, note that the Fujitsubo Legalis-R came in two models, one for the 03-06 and one for the 07-08. They both fit all years, but the 07-08 is said to be louder. I had the 07-08 model and it was still very quiet.
The only thing that was different between the models are the flanges and mid pipe the muffler sections are exactly the same. I'm going to have to call BS on all counts. I went from the OEM to Fuji and back to OEM because the exhaust tips looked retarded with my 1st Moulding diffuser. The exhaust's are completely different in terms of volume and note.

Before the HKS Gt kit found it's way into my engine bay the XYZ and ART pipes were installed on my Z with the OEM muffler... it was considerably louder than my Fuji w/Fuji Y-pipe. To say that by adding the XYZ/ART pipes to your Nismo and it becoming quieter than the OEM system is kinda weird. FYI the Nismo S-Tune is a Fuji and the R-Tune is a HKS. After I read your thread I'd have to say maybe there's an outside reason to why the sound is that much different that the DE models.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:37 AM
F2CMaDMaXX

Odd, i can't see how it the DE would be that different from the HR?

Flo-rida, i'm assuming that with your own ears, the Fuji catback on the stock system was notably louder than the stock system?

Therefore, i would read that with the ART and XYZ on the stock system, also being louder, would mean that the ART, XYZ & Fuji would be the loudest combo of all those parts?

I'm installing my ART and XYZ in the coming weeks, hopefully sooner than later, so i'll be able to tell myself, from what people have told me, it's marginally louder than stock.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:05 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

I haven't followed up on the "developments" of the different Fuji's but from what I know there are 2 different versions for both the SS and the Ti version. The 1st edition versions for both metal materials had the single wall tips while the subsequent versions had the rolled tips.

Also, at idle was probably about the same volume (with test pipes and matching diameter y-pipe) as the OEM set up with a deeper tone. At WOT, the volume was definitely louder and a tad bit brighter in tone. But then again, my experience is only with the titanium version but I doubt there would be too much difference (the tone is probably what's affected most by different metal).
Old 03-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by F2CMaDMaXX
Odd, i can't see how it the DE would be that different from the HR?

Flo-rida, i'm assuming that with your own ears, the Fuji catback on the stock system was notably louder than the stock system?

Therefore, i would read that with the ART and XYZ on the stock system, also being louder, would mean that the ART, XYZ & Fuji would be the loudest combo of all those parts?

I'm installing my ART and XYZ in the coming weeks, hopefully sooner than later, so i'll be able to tell myself, from what people have told me, it's marginally louder than stock.
Yes and Yes... the OEM has a different exhaust note(sound vs volume) and also is "louder". Your going to notice a subtle difference inside the car but outside... the car just sounds mean(especially in higher RPM's). I feel you'll be happy with it, I can't really hear my supercharger above my exhaust note at WOT but either way it sounds amazing because of the tone and no rasp.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:31 AM
F2CMaDMaXX

Sorry, you're saying that with XYZ and ART that'll i'll hear the difference?

I still want to know what Nismo1534 is running now?
Old 03-09-2012, 11:40 PM
styy81

Can i confirm Fuji SS with ART and stillen Ypipe will get rasp?

I love this SS used to have one before ART pipes and now using Kakimoto regu.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:34 AM
F2CMaDMaXX

Originally Posted by styy81
Can i confirm Fuji SS with ART and stillen Ypipe will get rasp?

I love this SS used to have one before ART pipes and now using Kakimoto regu.
Come again?
Old 03-11-2012, 10:26 PM
Nismo1534

Sorry, you're saying that with XYZ and ART that'll i'll hear the difference?

I still want to know what Nismo1534 is running now?

This summer I will be adding an Invidia Gemini with Fast Intentions resonated high-flow cats. The Invidia Gemini is great at eliminating rasp, and the resonated high-flow cats will also eliminate rasp and keep things on the tame side.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:26 AM
F2CMaDMaXX

I personally would stick with the ART's as they'll rasp less than the HFC's. If the invidia is good at getting rid of rasp, that will sort the y-back problem. The parts that 'remove rasp' only remove their own, so right now, the ART's are not rasping, only the y-back.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:24 PM
Nismo1534

Here's my car with ART pipes, resonated XYZ pipe, and Fujitsubo Legalis-R. My intakes were louder than the exhaust. Only time it sounded slightly aftermarket is when you really got on it, but even then, not much more than stock loudness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8VFI...layer_embedded
Old 03-15-2012, 08:46 AM
F2CMaDMaXX

Considering that's indoors, it doesn't sound *that* loud*
Old 03-21-2012, 06:48 AM
350niZmo

i actually like the sound of the Fujitsubo exhaust....its quite at cruise speeds but really opens up at WOT....ill have to make a video over the weekend and post it up also....

iam looking to go with a different y-pipe....
Old 03-21-2012, 04:11 PM
F2CMaDMaXX

I can highly recommend the Motordyne XYZ pipe.

Please do put up a vid of the Fuji, my ART pipes and XYZ have made the system louder, but i'd like the rest to be opened up as well.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:04 AM
styy81

Come again?
I mean anyone here have this combo: ART/stillen Y pipe and Fuji SS exhaust experience any rasp?
Old 03-23-2012, 03:39 PM
F2CMaDMaXX

You're fairly unlikely to get rasp with that setup, at least based on the ART and the chambered style of the muffler on the fuji.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:32 PM
STL 350Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So if I was looking to get the Fuji exhaust am I to understand that they are on liquidation and I should buy one right now while I can or will I be good in a few months to buy one?

Is the piping 2.5in or 3in?
Old 03-29-2012, 11:35 AM
Nismo1534

Piping is 3in, which is standard for all single exhausts. I know they were liquidating them for a while. Tein USA had them for $600 a few months back, but they are now back to $1200. I guess if you can find a vendor still selling thm cheap, jump on it!
Old 03-29-2012, 02:37 PM
STL 350Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks.

I am saving for my forced induction parts and this exhaust is on my list. Just needed to know if FI should wait so I can get my hands on this now.

Quick Reply: Fujitsubo Legalis R