Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Just got fired from job, so i bought an exhaust and..

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 08:29 PM
Italianjoe1

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I've had my Tanabe on my car for close to 4 years now, bought it locally used for $250, and I regularly get compliments on the sound of it.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:20 PM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate to even recommend this, but the Soho Single sounds really good. I personally think these guys are about as mature as the OP, but the quality and sound of this exhaust is great and will fit well into that budget. It's a nice piece for a decent price. Check it out, if you have your heart set on foolishly spending money.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:25 PM
drvqz33

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would save the 500$ and find a new job until I could afford a good exhaust worth the money.

In all honesty, you get what you pay for man. You buy a cheap exhaust? It's going to sound bad and it'll be a waste.

Branded exhausts cost a pretty penny for a reason, and that's because there's research behind them. Quality parts are used. MANY good reasons.

What's the rush? Save your hard earned money until you can afford something worthwhile!!
Old 05-23-2013, 09:27 PM
waiseelay

fzero and italianjoe:
thanks! i will try to be a bit more patient and keep browsing craigslist for better deals.
you are right such that buying a used but reputable brand name is will leave me better off than buying a new knockoff.

mi_35th:
don't know if you bothered to read, perhaps your head was too far up and you just decided to jump on the high pedestal where all you and your "mature" friends look down on people, but this is not an impulsive buy, nor am I irresponsible, I delved further into my situation so the people helping could better understand what is going on. This is not a reckless purchase, as I am looking for advice before making the leap. thanks for your input.

drvqz33:

i understand the "you get what you pay for" concept. that is why I am open to suggestions, as well as criticism. i too appreciate your input, thanks.
perhaps i should be more specific, it isnt only that i cannot afford to spend $1000 on an exhaust at the moment, but i can't justify doing it either.
i am hoping to get a $500 or less exhaust, that is best dollar for dollar quality as far as the "get what you pay for goes"
essentially i guess i am looking for the bets $500 can get me, no matter how good or bad that may be.
thanks!

Last edited by waiseelay; 05-23-2013 at 09:33 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:51 PM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

Yup, I did bother to read Newblet, your reactions are about as dreamer as they come... 500 is good but 1000 isn't. Give me a break there buddy, I also had a Z at your age. In fact I was working full time and going to school. "Not living paycheck to paycheck", what does this mean Mr. Clueless; does this mean that somehow you have magically figured out that something about the economy no one else has... You are literally why I can't stand my own generation. The got-to-have it now people. If I was ever fired from anything I would be too embarrassed that I didn't live up to my promise with that work. I wouldn't gloat about it on a forum let alone having the idiocy to think oh yeah this sounds like a great idea to just spend needless money. You must be the most independently wealthy 22 year old on the planet that you need nothing from mom and dad while going to school with no job and a Soon to be Riced out Z. How about you save up and not make your nice car shittier, if you are such a Balla. If you ever find out that every part even cheap ones reflect who we are and that is what being an enthusiast is all about. But go ahead, you rasp up and have fun looking dumb and driving slow. We don't all sit in judgement, but you'll soon regret the folly of your actions as your ********* eventually descend, you chinese exhaust is cracking at all the welds, you spend another 500 fixing it when you could of had a quality part in a few more months for what you spent at the second time you fixed it. Also, as far as informational basis you entire thread is completely useless. It provides no valuable information to the community just filling another dreamer/ricer void with Ive got a few bucks lets waste it. USE the search button there are 100 guys asking the same questions getting the same answers.

Last edited by MI 35th; 05-23-2013 at 09:52 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:05 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

Megan drift exhaust is my recommendation next to looking for a used Nismo! If you still have stock headers and cars. The Megan drift sounds great for the money.

Continue searching
Old 05-23-2013, 10:17 PM
waiseelay

Originally Posted by KingBaby
Megan drift exhaust is my recommendation next to looking for a used Nismo! If you still have stock headers and cars. The Megan drift sounds great for the money.

Continue searching
thanks for the suggestion king!
i will definitely look into it, as well as search the market and craigslist for more reliable, money efficient deals.

thanks for all the help so far everyone, i really appreciate it.

Last edited by waiseelay; 05-23-2013 at 10:21 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:10 PM
logan09

Save that 500, get another job, save another 5 of 6 on top of that and get a good exhaust. No reason spending money you don't need to just because you want an exhaust "right now"
Old 05-23-2013, 11:12 PM
logan09

Originally Posted by MI 35th
Yup, I did bother to read Newblet, your reactions are about as dreamer as they come... 500 is good but 1000 isn't. Give me a break there buddy, I also had a Z at your age. In fact I was working full time and going to school. "Not living paycheck to paycheck", what does this mean Mr. Clueless; does this mean that somehow you have magically figured out that something about the economy no one else has... You are literally why I can't stand my own generation. The got-to-have it now people. If I was ever fired from anything I would be too embarrassed that I didn't live up to my promise with that work. I wouldn't gloat about it on a forum let alone having the idiocy to think oh yeah this sounds like a great idea to just spend needless money. You must be the most independently wealthy 22 year old on the planet that you need nothing from mom and dad while going to school with no job and a Soon to be Riced out Z. How about you save up and not make your nice car shittier, if you are such a Balla. If you ever find out that every part even cheap ones reflect who we are and that is what being an enthusiast is all about. But go ahead, you rasp up and have fun looking dumb and driving slow. We don't all sit in judgement, but you'll soon regret the folly of your actions as your ********* eventually descend, you chinese exhaust is cracking at all the welds, you spend another 500 fixing it when you could of had a quality part in a few more months for what you spent at the second time you fixed it. Also, as far as informational basis you entire thread is completely useless. It provides no valuable information to the community just filling another dreamer/ricer void with Ive got a few bucks lets waste it. USE the search button there are 100 guys asking the same questions getting the same answers.

Read this after I commented and couldn't agree more
Old 05-24-2013, 04:21 AM
Phenom
Toasty

Received 1,382 Likes on 990 Posts

Originally Posted by MI 35th
Very next thread, I am selling my car with Brand New HKS exhaust.
Nah, the next thread is "I think I have an exhaust leak, HELP!"

and then

"Does anyone know any shops that do welding in my area?"
Old 05-24-2013, 05:21 AM
PikesPeakZ

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by waiseelay
From the bottom of my heart I sincerely appreciate the concern and forewarnings you guys hold for me.

If you guys really want a little more personal information about myself, I am 22, currently attending college, living with my Dad.

No, my Dad did not buy the car for me, I purchased it myself in full.

No, I do not live paycheck to paycheck which is why I can "afford" to be spending money. The key word I guess is, spending it in "moderation".

No, I will not be able to splurge and expunge $1000 on an exhaust and I can understand that. But $300-500? Certainly obtainable.

Yes, I was recently let go at my job, and my reasoning to buy now was more or less a subtle jest or jab of motivation to stay positive, and assume I am going to resume work again very soon. I do have money saved up from working, hence why I am choosing to look to purchase an exhaust right now, but at a $500 caliber budget (no it will not be top of the line I.E. HKS, Greddy, what have you, but I can live without that / can't afford that and I can admit that to myself).

So far, the original ebay exhaust I linked, had more or less positive reviews and falls within my $500 budget. I looked into the Agency Power exhaust, but I would really prefer a dual exhaust. I certainly do appreciate the suggestion though.
Are there any similar, dual exhausts, obtainable for $500?

Thanks guys.
I gotta give you props for handling the comments well brother, good luck with everything.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:10 AM
JERZ350

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I vote used Nismo or used Borla TD. Might be able to find for around that kind of money, maybe only a few hundred more. Quality will be better.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:29 AM
Jah70

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Not to be rude but don't you think you have mixed up priorities here? When most people get fired the first thing they'll think of is to hold on to whatever money they have for their survival like food, water, and a roof over their head. Going out and buying a cheap exhaust should be the last thing on your mind right now. You can't eat an exhaust when your hungry and you can't use it for shelter. But I would say ditch that cheap exhaust and just hold off for something better. imo the nismo exhaust sounds the best and the borla, and the Invida Titanium and N1 sounds awesome too.. But if your really trying to save some cash pep boys have a nice selection that a lot of honda owners like using. BTW you'll be losing horsepower with a chinese made exhaust like that and i'm pretty sure even the stock exhaust cost more and of course better quality.

Last edited by Jah70; 05-24-2013 at 06:40 AM.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:56 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Would anyone here hang out on the financial forums to discuss exhausts? If not then leave the guy alone about his desire to spend his own money. I realize he brought it up - mistake on his part as it is TMI - and that money is a consideration in buying parts, but I don't think he needs to be flamed merely because he IS spending money. My $.02 only - and I have no advice on exhausts as I have a stock exhaust on my '03 with Crawford headers and HFC - won at ZDayZ and ZAttack a few years back. Daily driver and sounds great at WOT while entirely livable as a DD.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:58 AM
Phenom
Toasty

Received 1,382 Likes on 990 Posts

Originally Posted by Jah70
BTW you'll be losing horsepower with a chinese made exhaust like that and i'm pretty sure even the stock exhaust cost more and of course better quality.
Its literally spending money to downgrade quality and lose power.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:36 AM
A-Town-Z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Singles are the way to go if you want to keep it on the cheaper side. Honestly, must exhaust systems won't yield much of an increase or decrease by themselves. I personally have top speed test pipes, Megan 3" y pipe, and Megan drift spec 3" single. Total cost around 750. It's raspy as hell, and super loud. But that's what I like. If I were you, id take your car to a performance shop near you, and have them make you an axle back piece to delete your muffler. That sounds tons better then stock. The craftsmanship will be much higher, and it'll probably cost less.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:53 AM
stuartc323

Originally Posted by waiseelay
thanks stuart.

is this the one you are talking about?

Nissan 350Z Z33 02 08 Top Speed Pro 1 3" 76mm Catback Exhaust System Systems | eBay

i will also keep that in mind, appreciate the help. thanks

That is the one bro, it is the loudest exhaust i heard in real life, i mean LOUD and its pretty good quality and a lot of people on this forum have them.

Look in the top 100 questions thread here

https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-n...questions.html