Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Stillen gen 3 intake or nismo r tune intake

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 07:04 PM
Mike07Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stuartc323
Here is the issue. Both of you posted questions, than when we give you answers based on our experiences with tuning the platform, one that your NEW to, you come back and say "well i saw this or i searched that and thats not what that thread said." So do your own damn searching and find your own answers, we already told you the stock box was the best box for the paltform and has been proven time and time again. Dont believe me? how about you search? I can pull up many different thread saying this.

He is saying that CAIs are more of a risk than bumper cutouts meaning bumper cutouts are lessy risky of getting a hydrolocked motor than running CAIs.

Just get K&N filters and the cutouts, you will be fine after that

PS you live in SoCal, Im from long beach, grew up five minutes from the beach, no way in hell its raining that hard at anytime of the year to where you have to worry about rain getting in the cutouts.
Hey I listened and validated what you were saying about the stock air box and the k&n drop in's from the beginning I actually ordered them this morning on eBay $84.00 shipped for both. I only stated that I was Interested in the over all discussion. just bc I've read and seen both claims. which every car and every forum have this same discussion lol and every car responds different. but yes I did agreed and value your 2 cents. Ya I live about and hour inland at a place called lake Elsinore we get some pretty crazy rain and hail but yes 85% of the time it's just hot and sunny it's hard to believe even my friends who live like 15 miles from me don't believe it rains how it does here lol but anyway my main concern was the cutouts but ya bc I've never done them before. But ya I haven't completely decided weather I'm going to do them or not yet I kinda want to see some pics of someone's too I tried to google image search it today but I've only seen it done on a 04 with the single intake. Anyway thanks for your input. I did read the whole noob section just btw lol got some good info! My rear end makes the clunk when starting from a stop so I'm about to look up all I need to do to get it lubed properly.

Last edited by Mike07Z; 08-27-2013 at 08:33 PM.