Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Isis single exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 04:38 AM
Rickyg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Isis single exhaust

Has anyone heard the new Isis single exhaust in person. I have seen YouTube videos and it seems to resemble to Megan racing exhaust. Any inputs?
Old 05-15-2015, 09:16 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickyg
Has anyone heard the new Isis single exhaust in person. I have seen YouTube videos and it seems to resemble to Megan racing exhaust. Any inputs?
Personally, I wouldn't buy anything with such a poorly named product.

Never know where NSA or DHS are lurking.

Sorry, couldn't resist a line straighter than a steel ruler.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:24 AM
darkgt

haha I said the same thing the company has been around for a long time before the one in the middle east they should consider a name changle like archer as well
Old 05-15-2015, 12:34 PM
Godfoot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am actually using this exhaust on my '05. I've been using it for about 3 months now and have been nothing but satisfied with it. The fitment is near
perfect. It looks fantastic. It's got plenty of volume when I'm on the throttle, but when i'm cruising on the highway in 6th, I can't even hear it. I'll post some pictures for you. I will also try and get a video later if I can find someone to hold the camera. But I highly recommend it. Install was super simple too.

Old 05-16-2015, 09:44 PM
Danc9552003

I've been looking for some different videos or a good review of this exhaust. Godfoot, have you run any other single exhausts besides your current setup? I'm just wondering how it compares (loudness at wot) to agency power, Megan etc. Glad to hear pretty much no highway drone!

I'm guessing the welds feel solid and not thin/weak? And finally are you on the stock y pipe and cats?
Old 05-17-2015, 04:21 PM
Rickyg

Originally Posted by Godfoot
I am actually using this exhaust on my '05. I've been using it for about 3 months now and have been nothing but satisfied with it. The fitment is near
perfect. It looks fantastic. It's got plenty of volume when I'm on the throttle, but when i'm cruising on the highway in 6th, I can't even hear it. I'll post some pictures for you. I will also try and get a video later if I can find someone to hold the camera. But I highly recommend it. Install was super simple too.

Thanks for the pictures and input man. The exhaust look mean. I was wondering like danc9552003 how your exhaust compares to the other single exhausts?
Old 05-20-2015, 10:26 PM
90nissanS13

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

Would you mind showing some pictures of the exhaust with tbe car sitting on the ground? Perhaps something from a eye-view perspective from directly behind your car from about 30 feet away, and again from 45 degrees from the rear of the car.

I want to get an idea of the over all look of the exhaust. Every picture I find is so close to the car it's difficult to get a proper perspective.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:58 AM
Godfoot

Originally Posted by 90nissanS13
Would you mind showing some pictures of the exhaust with tbe car sitting on the ground? Perhaps something from a eye-view perspective from directly behind your car from about 30 feet away, and again from 45 degrees from the rear of the car.

I want to get an idea of the over all look of the exhaust. Every picture I find is so close to the car it's difficult to get a proper perspective.
Hey Guys!! Sorry for the slow reply, I've been buried with work. I will get some better on the ground pictures and angles for you as well as a video, I just haven't had much time. If you can hold out through the weekend I will deliver you some more content at the beginning of the week!!

I will say that it is quieter and more mellow than some of the other ones my friends have i.e. Tomei & Agency Power. But I'll try and make a video soon.

Originally Posted by Danc9552003
I've been looking for some different videos or a good review of this exhaust. Godfoot, have you run any other single exhausts besides your current setup? I'm just wondering how it compares (loudness at wot) to agency power, Megan etc. Glad to hear pretty much no highway drone!

I'm guessing the welds feel solid and not thin/weak? And finally are you on the stock y pipe and cats?
The Isis System is the only exhaust I have run. And I'm super happy with It. I won't be changing it. Solid feel and construction. I think the quality is great. I am still on stock Y-Pipe and Cats. Being in CA, I try to avoid anything that could give me trouble with the long D*#% of the law.

But yea Video and more pics coming soon!

Thanks for the pictures and input man. The exhaust look mean. I was wondering like danc9552003 how your exhaust compares to the other single exhausts?
I'll actually if I can, try to get a video of me with my buddies Single Tomei for comparison. I'll post more as I get it. Thanks!!

Last edited by Godfoot; 05-21-2015 at 10:03 AM.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:44 AM
90nissanS13

Well, in my case that was a prompt reply. Videos have a tency to be subjective as they can't exactly represent what we observe as the end user of a given item. Regardless, I would love to see what you have to offer.
In your opinion, how do you compare this to the oem exhuast in regards to sound. Does it retain any of that unquie, smooth and almost organic sound the 350z has from 3000-4000 rpm with the oem exhaust?
You mentioned that modest driving doesn't really make it stand out, when does it start (rpm) getting loud enough to attain the attention of others?
Old 05-21-2015, 11:35 AM
Godfoot

Well, in my case that was a prompt reply. Videos have a tency to be subjective as they can't exactly represent what we observe as the end user of a given item. Regardless, I would love to see what you have to offer.
In your opinion, how do you compare this to the oem exhuast in regards to sound. Does it retain any of that unquie, smooth and almost organic sound the 350z has from 3000-4000 rpm with the oem exhaust?
You mentioned that modest driving doesn't really make it stand out, when does it start (rpm) getting loud enough to attain the attention of others?
I can understand that. Well I figure i'll put up a video for you guys either way. lol In my opinion it gets close to retaining that unique sound. About as close as i've heard from a single exhaust anyways. I would say that i think it gets louder more when i am heavier on the throttle. Just light touches don't seem to get a whole lot of volume. More load tends to get more noise from this exhaust. I don't really feel like there is a specific RPM range as there is a specific throttle range. but again that's just my 2 cents.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:05 PM
Godfoot

I can understand that. Well I figure i'll put up a video for you guys either way. lol In my opinion it gets close to retaining that unique sound. About as close as I've heard from a single exhaust anyways. I would say that i think it gets louder more when i am heavier on the throttle. Just light touches don't seem to get a whole lot of volume. More load tends to get more noise from this exhaust. I don't really feel like there is a specific RPM range as there is a specific throttle range. but again that's just my 2 cents.
Old 05-21-2015, 01:27 PM
90nissanS13

That is a fair personal assesment. I can get a clear understanding of what it sounds like, and somewhat gauge how it would behave with my "driving". It seems like a very pleasant exhaust from what you've shared.
I bet that secondary resonator makes this more of the ideal exhaust for a daily driven car.

I'm not particularly fond of single exhaust, though I prefer more function over the aesthetic appeal. I'd be interested to see you compare yours to the Tomei! That was my first choice until the ISIS popped into the market. I can't argue that price for a decent single exhaust, not to mention- I don't need titanium for a daily driver.

Last edited by 90nissanS13; 05-22-2015 at 08:47 AM.
Old 05-22-2015, 12:26 AM
Danc9552003

Thanks for the reply and review godfoot!

90nissanS13 is right, how you've described it the exhaust does sound pleasent. As long as the quality and welds are good, the only reason I wouldn't get it is if it's just too quiet lol I know that sounds weird.

With my current setup my Gemini true dual with stock cats is pretty much how you explained the isis.. Just cruising I can drive to where I can barely hear it or at medium to wot it can definitely get nice and loud, but not over the top can't hear yourself think loud.

With the new setup I'll have stock cats, AAM-Y pipe with most likely the Isis exhaust and hopefully it's gonna sound pretty good ��

Can't wait for the videos godfoot!
Old 05-22-2015, 10:29 AM
Godfoot

That is a fair personal assesment. I can get a clear understanding of what it sounds like, and somewhat gauge how it would behave with my "driving". It seems like a very pleasant exhaust from what you've shared.
I bet that secondary resonator makes this more of the ideal exhaust for a daily driven car.

I'm not particularly fond of single exhaust, though I prefer more function over the aesthetic appeal. I'd be interested to see you compare yours to the Tomei! That was my first choice until the ISIS popped into the market. I can't argue that price for a decent single exhaust, not to mention- I don't need titanium for a daily driver.
Originally Posted by Danc9552003
Thanks for the reply and review godfoot!

90nissanS13 is right, how you've described it the exhaust does sound pleasent. As long as the quality and welds are good, the only reason I wouldn't get it is if it's just too quiet lol I know that sounds weird.

With my current setup my Gemini true dual with stock cats is pretty much how you explained the isis.. Just cruising I can drive to where I can barely hear it or at medium to wot it can definitely get nice and loud, but not over the top can't hear yourself think loud.

With the new setup I'll have stock cats, AAM-Y pipe with most likely the Isis exhaust and hopefully it's gonna sound pretty good ��

Can't wait for the videos godfoot!
Thanks Guys, I'm glad to be able to be of some assistance here! Honestly it's not too quiet or too loud, I feel that it's just right. I get compliments on it all the time. However, I'm sure the volume of my exhaust would probably go up a notch with a different Y-pipe and test pipes. I may change the Y-pipe down the road, I'm still not sure though. I haven't had a chance to make a video yet, but I should have time over the three day weekend to put something together. I'll keep you guys updated.
Old 05-27-2015, 10:25 AM
Godfoot

Hey Guys,

I wanted to apologize for not getting a video made yet, I didn't get a chance over the weekend like I thought I would. The holiday, guests, and errands had me pretty tied up. I'm not sure I'll be able to get my Buddy over to take a comparison video until later in the week, but I will get a short video made and uploaded tonight or tomorrow, until then I'll share this pic, from a photoshoot my car recently had, I upped the brightness so it's easier to see, hope this will help you guys with figuring out how they system looks.

Photo Credit: Johanclicks IG: @johanclicks
Old 05-30-2015, 01:04 PM
90nissanS13

Very nice, I like the wheels too. Have you considered trimming the exhaust arches into one large opening on the bumper? That is something I plan to do when my exhaust comes in from backorder.
Old 05-30-2015, 01:11 PM
90nissanS13

How long is the tip(exit) to the back of the resonator in inches?

I'd most likely trim the tip length to match the oem exit.
Old 06-01-2015, 12:43 PM
Godfoot

So On a side note, It's not my car, I still haven't had the chance to make and upload a video. I'm so so sorry. But i did find a video from CZP, who I got mine through, of the exhaust. So hopefully this will work as an aid.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WQ7sJ9Kn2A8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 06-01-2015, 01:08 PM
Godfoot

Very nice, I like the wheels too. Have you considered trimming the exhaust arches into one large opening on the bumper? That is something I plan to do when my exhaust comes in from backorder.
How long is the tip(exit) to the back of the resonator in inches?

I'd most likely trim the tip length to match the oem exit.

I've been on the fence about doing the bumper tuck. I'm not sure I like it yet. But I'm in no hurry I can measure the tip end for you after work. I'll post it up a little later on.
Old 06-01-2015, 01:08 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey Guys,

I wanted to apologize for not getting a video made yet, I didn't get a chance over the weekend like I thought I would. The holiday, guests, and errands had me pretty tied up. I'm not sure I'll be able to get my Buddy over to take a comparison video until later in the week, but I will get a short video made and uploaded tonight or tomorrow, until then I'll share this pic, from a photoshoot my car recently had, I upped the brightness so it's easier to see, hope this will help you guys with figuring out how they system looks.

Photo Credit: Johanclicks IG: @johanclicks
Exhaust looks good, would suggest a bumper tuck

I saw it on the CZP site the other day

Quick Reply: Isis single exhaust