Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Invidia N1 exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 06:19 AM
joonvang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Invidia N1 exhaust

Hello everyone,

I've search endless threads and watch countless video on this exhaust. Is it really that loud? I see people opinions on saying it's too loud or its just perfect. How loud is it compare to stock exhaust? Is it that bad inside during highway speed? I love the sound of this thing cus it doesn't have that high pitch noise. It does look a little bit wierd considering how it sticks out of the z but I'm planning on the ts rear diffuser so thatll most likely cover it up. You opinions are much appreciated.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:32 AM
Corymfnking

I've been running it for about 8 months and it is definitely louder than stock. I personally think it isn't too loud, but I imagine it's a preference. At highway, it doesn't drone too bad at all, but it's more noticeable than stock. I love the sound of it around 3500 rmps and can't get enough of it. I spent several months looking for an exhaust before buying it and found that it was the best sound that I could find for the price.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:28 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,048 Likes on 6,514 Posts

the thing i didnt like about the N1, is that it is technically a single exhaust. if you can bump up your willing to spend, you could get the Invidia Gemini which is a dual
Old 10-26-2015, 08:44 AM
franknstn

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

From the videos I've seen, it sounds loud. I usually base it off of idle sound. If its that loud at idle, it can only get louder. I might be wrong. lol.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:29 AM
joonvang

Originally Posted by Corymfnking
I've been running it for about 8 months and it is definitely louder than stock. I personally think it isn't too loud, but I imagine it's a preference. At highway, it doesn't drone too bad at all, but it's more noticeable than stock. I love the sound of it around 3500 rmps and can't get enough of it. I spent several months looking for an exhaust before buying it and found that it was the best sound that I could find for the price.
It's not as loud as those chopper bike is it?
Old 10-26-2015, 09:30 AM
joonvang

Originally Posted by travlee
the thing i didnt like about the N1, is that it is technically a single exhaust. if you can bump up your willing to spend, you could get the Invidia Gemini which is a dual
I don't think the stock is a true dual exhaust either. I did look into the gemini but the sound it had doesn't compare to the n1.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:30 AM
joonvang

Originally Posted by franknstn
From the videos I've seen, it sounds loud. I usually base it off of idle sound. If its that loud at idle, it can only get louder. I might be wrong. lol.
Yea ik what you mean. Video are deceiving, wish I can hear it in person.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:54 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

Originally Posted by joonvang
I don't think the stock is a true dual exhaust either. I did look into the gemini but the sound it had doesn't compare to the n1.
Old 10-26-2015, 11:51 AM
dSpaceman

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

...I did look into the gemini but the sound it had doesn't compare to the n1.
Not true at all, the Gemini is an improved version of the N1 and the price reflects just that. But to answer your question, no I don't think the N1 is loud. I don't actually own the N1 but I'm basing this off of my experience with my Gemini, which is very close to stock exhaust volume.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:14 PM
Corymfnking

It's not as loud as those chopper bike is it?
Not at all. I've got a roadster and with the top down with the exhaust, I can still have a conversation just fine. I don't think it's all that loud at idle either.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:17 PM
venture210

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Invidia N1 is just right, period

The addition of any equal length headers turns the volume up a lot though, trust me I know
Old 10-27-2015, 08:57 PM
AlphaZ33

It's a good exhaust. If I had the money, I would have it.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:15 AM
Arrtus

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Hello everyone,

I've search endless threads and watch countless video on this exhaust. Is it really that loud? I see people opinions on saying it's too loud or its just perfect. How loud is it compare to stock exhaust? Is it that bad inside during highway speed? I love the sound of this thing cus it doesn't have that high pitch noise. It does look a little bit wierd considering how it sticks out of the z but I'm planning on the ts rear diffuser so thatll most likely cover it up. You opinions are much appreciated.
I've been running with the N1 for about 2 months now and I love it. My Z originally had the stock exhaust with test pipes which didn't sound very good so I got Berk cats instead. Then it became incredibly quiet which is why I made the switch. I did my research and had to choose between the N1 and the Invidia Gemini. People were saying that the Gemini was kind of quiet so I figured if I'm going to be spending this much money for an exhaust then I want to hear the difference which is why I went with the N1.

ANYWAY, to answer your question, yes, it is very loud at first. When I first turned the car on, the outside noise at idle was much louder than I expected. I could feel my voice like vibrating when I talked haha. Inside of the car was incredibly loud too. But I'm used to it now. It sounds amazing and wouldn't change it.
Old 11-09-2015, 02:39 PM
joonvang

Default Just bought invidia n1 exhaust

Hello everyone,

I just received and installed my invidia n1 exhaust on my 08 Z and it is fu**** loud as f***. Think god it came with silencers. I didn't anticipate it to be that loud. So my question is, is the silencer going to damage the Z in anyway? I asked this because after the first run with the silencer in, it smell like burnt coming from my driver and passenger side. Your help and opinion are much appreciate. Heck I might even sell it.
Old 11-09-2015, 02:56 PM
Heel Til I Die

Received 1,062 Likes on 750 Posts

That smell is probably typical of the new exhaust. I remember after installing my invidia Gemini, it smelled like I was cooking waffles for a couple hundred miles...

Make sure all your seals are tight. Gaps can contribute to excessive noise.
Old 11-09-2015, 03:09 PM
joonvang

Originally Posted by Heel Til I Die
That smell is probably typical of the new exhaust. I remember after installing my invidia Gemini, it smelled like I was cooking waffles for a couple hundred miles...

Make sure all your seals are tight. Gaps can contribute to excessive noise.
Ah that's good to know that it's normal then. I was getting worry for a while there. Cool cool
Old 11-09-2015, 04:12 PM
travlee
Master

i tried to tell you it was loud and to get the gemini.... but if you are happy.

the smell is the oil they use on the mandrel bending machine inside the tubes, it will burn off
Old 11-09-2015, 04:37 PM
joonvang

Originally Posted by travlee
i tried to tell you it was loud and to get the gemini.... but if you are happy.

the smell is the oil they use on the mandrel bending machine inside the tubes, it will burn off
Ah Yea should've listen. It just that I didn't think it was tht loud due to the videos etc but with the silencer it's not that bad. Without the sti it will put sti and evos to shame. Very loud. Idk maybe I'll sell the n1 in the future and get a gemini
Old 11-09-2015, 05:21 PM
joonvang

Would there be anyways to queit down the droning during 1500rpm -2000rpm? The droning is quite loud at those rpm but quiet up above 3000 rpm. Would changing the hfc help?
Old 11-09-2015, 05:30 PM
travlee
Master

if you have HFC now, prob not

Quick Reply: Invidia N1 exhaust